Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
$100M Fix May Be Coming for SF's Leaning Tower
Residents, developer appear to agree on pending retrofit for the Millennium Tower
- Residents of San Francisco's leaning luxury condo tower have come up with a $100 million solution to be put in place as soon as this winter. Homeowners at the 58-story Millennium Tower, which has sunk 18 inches and tilted 14 inches since its construction, plan to submit a permit...
Cracks in SF's Leaning Tower Are 'Breathtaking'
And there's no fix in sight for the Millennium Tower
- San Francisco's 58-story Millennium Tower has sunk 17 inches and tilted 14 inches to the northwest since building started in 2006, reports
. It's a well-publicized fact thanks to numerous lawsuits from residents, including Joe Montana . Yet it makes the latest sign of its flaws no less...
A San Francisco Icon Sues Its Sinking Tower
Joe Montana, a resident of Millennium Tower, sues developer
- Add Joe Montana to the list of people not too pleased that San Francisco's Millennium Tower is sinking. The former 49ers quarterback, one of the luxury tower's residents , is suing the developer, alleging in court documents that the company hid problems with the building—which it knew about...
'Leaning Tower of SF' Is Sinking Faster Than Thought
Satellite images show descent of Millennium Tower
- There's no question that the 58-story Millennium Tower in downtown San Francisco is both sinking and tilting. But new satellite images find that its progress into the sand below is nearly twice the pace previously thought—close to two inches a year instead of one, reports NBC News . Since...
'Leaning Tower of San Francisco' Saga Continues
Millennium Tower has already sunk 16 inches—and could go as deep as 30
- City officials are scrambling, apartment owners are organizing, and civil engineering experts are continuing to fret in the ongoing saga of San Francisco's Millennium Tower. The 58-story reinforced-concrete skyscraper has already sunk 16 inches and leaned a few inches closer to a nearby building since it was built seven...
The Leaning Tower of … San Francisco?
Luxury Millennium Tower said to be sinking and tilting
- San Francisco’s ultimate symbol of decadence and luxury is sinking, horrifying well-heeled tenants and laying the foundation for a costly legal battle. With bold-name residents such as Joe Montana and SF Giants outfielder Hunter Pence, Millennium Tower was hailed as one of the world’s top 10 residential buildings...
Popular on Newser
Famous Folk Singer Has 'Gone Fishing' for Good
First US Nest of Murder Hornets Found, Thanks to Dental Floss
Biden's Oil Remarks Are Resonating
County Hit by Surge Ends Mask Mandate
Reporters Ask McConnell: What's Wrong With Your Health?
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.