Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Let's Ease Up on
Demonizing This Swimmer
Aug 11, 2016 11:21 AM CDT
Let's Ease Up on Demonizing This Swimmer
Case against Yulia Efimova isn't so clear, writes Sally Jenkins
- Americans ought to think twice before joining in the gleeful hazing of Russian swimmer Yulia Efimova, writes Sally Jenkins at the
. In a Cold War-style salvo, US swimmer Lilly King drew cheers at the Rio Olympics when she finger-wagged her Russian rival and called her a drug cheat....
No Choice Left, Athletes
Turn to 'Ugly' Self-Policing
Aug 9, 2016 11:01 AM CDT
No Choice Left, Athletes Turn to 'Ugly' Self-Policing
Because Olympics officials are too soft on doping: Columnists
- Team USA's Lilly King may have drawn more attention with her public dissing of Russian swimmer Yulia Efimova than with the gold medal she won . It was "equally triumphant and ugly, an appropriately uncomfortable ending to an awkward saga that will be repeated throughout these Games," writes...
Lilly King Settles
Russian Feud, Wins Gold
Aug 9, 2016 6:03 AM CDT
Lilly King Settles Russian Feud, Wins Gold
She defeats Yulia Efimova
- This one will surely be seen as a victory for clean athletes over the dopers. No doubt that was Lilly King's take, reports the AP . The feisty American swimmer stared down Yulia Efimova, a rival at the center of Russia's doping scandal, and then beat her in the...
Popular on Newser
A Model Died After an LA Party. Now Her Friend Is Brain-Dead
61 People Have Been Stuck in a Pub Since Friday
China, or Disney, Did a Number on Homer
Jack Dorsey: Yes, I'm Leaving Twitter
Omicron Variant Detected in North America
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.