Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Trump to Federal
Sep 5, 2020 5:30 AM CDT
Trump to Federal Agencies: Nix 'White Privilege' Training
President directs OMB to cancel anti-racism sessions, which he calls 'anti-American'
- President Trump has directed the Office of Management and Budget to crack down on federal agencies' anti-racism training sessions, calling them "divisive, anti-American propaganda." OMB Director Russell Vought, in a letter Friday to executive branch agencies, directed them to identify spending related to any training on "critical...
College Probes Professor
After 'Black Privilege' Remarks
Jun 5, 2020 10:16 AM CDT
College Probes Professor After 'Black Privilege' Remarks
University of Central Florida looking into complaints of bias against Charles Negy
- A longtime tenured psychology professor at the University of Central Florida is under fire after a series of online posts. Per the
New York Times
, Negy, who has written a book about "white Americans under siege," recently put up multiple tweets that he acknowledged "will infuriate folks....
Story Would Have
If I'd Been Black
Jan 20, 2020 8:47 AM CST
Bloomberg: My Story Would Have Been Different If I'd Been Black
Presidential candidate acknowledges his white privilege to woo black voters
- Michael Bloomberg's stop-and-frisk policy while heading up the Big Apple has become his Achilles' heel in the 2020 campaign, Politico notes. Now, however, the ex-mayor is trying to convince black Americans he's the best candidate for the job, traveling to cities with large black populations and acknowledging his...
Students React to Writer's
Talk by Burning Her Book
Oct 12, 2019 4:30 PM CDT
Students React to Writer's Talk by Burning Her Book
Jennine Capó Crucet was speaking out against white privilege
- A visiting novelist at Georgia Southern University inspired such debate Wednesday that some students set her book on fire, BuzzFeed reports. Jennine Capó Crucet told a student audience about her novel,
Make Your Home Among Strangers
, which depicts a Cuban American girl trying to fit in with a privileged, mostly...
FBI Told Me to
Aug 9, 2019 9:44 AM CDT
Star: FBI Told Me to Lock Twitter After Tweet
Rosanna Arquette drew vitriol with her post about feeling 'shame' at being born 'white and privileged'
- Rosanna Arquette likely thought her tweet would lend support in the fight against racial inequity, but that post ended up prompting ire from all circles. Per
, the 59-year-old
Desperately Seeking Susan
actress headed to Twitter Wednesday to talk about her status in the world, and...
Female Cop Brings Up 'White
Male Privilege,' Is Suspended
Dec 6, 2017 7:58 AM CST
Female Cop Brings Up 'White Male Privilege,' Is Suspended
Thursday vote will determine Capt. Carri Weber's fate with department
- A female police captain in Indiana has been placed on administrative leave after telling a colleague he benefited from "white male privilege." During a Nov. 1 training session on the treatment of transgender people, an unidentified male officer with the Plainfield Police Department questioned a statistic suggesting that...
Oct 28, 2016 11:17 AM CDT
Bundy Acquittals Greeted With Applause, Disgust
Some herald the 'great news,' while others call it 'devastating'
- Seven defendants in the Oregon wildlife refuge standoff trial were acquitted Thursday , including brothers Ammon and Ryan Bundy, in what the
New York Times
calls a "surprise" development and a huge "blow" to federal prosecutors. "I knew that what my husband was doing was right, but I...
Popular on Newser
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
Zelensky Suggests New Talks, on One Condition
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
Jif Recalls Peanut Butter
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.