Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
A New Clue
Pops Up in
of Sherri Papini
Nov 8, 2017 7:38 AM CST
A New Clue Pops Up in Strange Case of Sherri Papini
Surveillance video shows formerly missing mom running near church shortly before she was found
- A new clue in the case of Sherri Papini has emerged. A surveillance video shows the formerly missing California woman sprinting near a Jehovah's Witness church in Yolo County early on Thanksgiving last year, shortly before she was found by a trucker on an Interstate 5 ramp, per the...
New Evidence Unveiled in
Weird California Kidnap Case
Oct 26, 2017 6:41 AM CDT
New Evidence Unveiled in Weird California Kidnap Case
Male, female DNA was recovered from Sherri Papini
- Authorities have released new details in the Sherri Papini case, almost a year after the California mother of two young children vanished after going for a jog. She disappeared on Nov. 2 last year and was next seen 22 days later, when she flagged down a passing car 150 miles...
2003 Report Breaks Quiet
Surrounding Sherri Papini Case
Mar 31, 2017 6:39 AM CDT
2003 Report Breaks Quiet Surrounding Sherri Papini Case
Her mother claimed Papini was harming herself but blaming her mother
- Investigators haven't gone public with any new info about Sherri Papini's alleged kidnapping since Nov. 30—but the
has done some digging. After filing several California Public Records Act requests, it obtained a December 2003 police report that's just two sentences long. What it says:...
Dec 1, 2016 4:38 AM CST
Husband Describes Sherri Papini's Kidnap Ordeal
He says captors kept bag over her head
- Sherri Papini's captors put a bag over her head and kept her chained up any time she was in a vehicle, husband Keith Papini says. "She was bound" and "had a metal chain around her waist," the California woman's husband says in an interview with...
Sheriff Says Captors Burned
Message Onto Sherri Papini
Nov 30, 2016 1:48 PM CST
Sheriff Says Captors Burned Message Onto Sherri Papini
'It is not a symbol, but it was a message'
- Not only was Sherri Papini apparently chained and beaten during her three-week abduction, but her kidnappers also allegedly burned a message into her skin, ABC News reports. Sheriff Tom Bosenko says the California woman who disappeared while jogging on Nov. 2 was branded by her captors. "I would think...
Weighed 87 Lbs.
Nov 29, 2016 8:53 AM CST
Husband: Sherri Papini Weighed 87 Lbs. When Found
Says his wife suffered 'both intense physical agony and severe mental torture'
- Keith Papini says his wife suffered "both intense physical agony and severe mental torture" while held captive for 22 days, and anyone spreading "disgusting" rumors "should be ashamed of their malicious, subhuman behavior." In a statement to ABC News , the husband of Sherri Papini—who flagged...
Story Holds Up
Nov 28, 2016 6:33 AM CST
Police Say Missing Jogger's Story Holds Up
But officials haven't released additional details
- California police still aren't revealing much about Sherri Papini's alleged kidnapping, but they do say that so far, her story holds up. "We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story," said Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko on Sunday. "She was assaulted and...
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.