Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Across US, Women
March for Abortion Rights
Oct 2, 2021 3:10 PM CDT
Across US, Women March for Abortion Rights
Demonstrators take their message to the Supreme Court
- The first Women's March of the Biden administration headed straight for the steps of the Supreme Court on Saturday, part of nationwide protests demanding continued access to abortion in a year when lawmakers and judges have put it in jeopardy. Thousands filled the streets surrounding the court, shouting "...
National Archives: Sorry We
Doctored Anti-Trump Photo
Jan 19, 2020 5:38 AM CST
National Archives: Sorry We Doctored Anti-Trump Photo
'We made a mistake' in blurring photo from 2017 Women's March
- As the fourth Women's March took place in Washington, DC, on Saturday, the National Archive was busily apologizing for doctoring an image of the first one, saying in a statement that "we made a mistake." The agency had blurred President Trump's name out of a protest...
Thousands of Women
Target World's 'Biggest Bully'
Jan 18, 2020 3:30 PM CST
Thousands of Women Target World's 'Biggest Bully'
Women's March rallies are happening nationwide
- Thousands gathered in cities across the country Saturday as part of the nationwide Women's March rallies focused on issues such as climate change, pay equity, reproductive rights and immigration, the AP reports. Hundreds showed up in New York City and thousands in Washington, DC, for the rallies, which aim...
Feds Photoshop Pic
of Women's March
Jan 18, 2020 9:30 AM CST
Feds Photoshop Pic of Women's March
But the National Archives says it had good reason
- Visitors to the National Archives will have to fill in the blanks after officials there altered a photo of a women's rights march, the Hill reports. In fact, the Archives altered multiple signs carried by women at the Women's March in Washington, DC, the day after President Trump'...
The Women's March Is On
Jan 19, 2019 3:00 PM CST
The Women's March Is On
Despite political turmoil, the march is happening
- Pink "pussy hats," boisterous chanting, brazen vendors—all were on display Saturday as thousands braved icy weather for the third annual Women's March on Washington, the
reports. Some protesters walked with a banner reading "The Women's Wave Rises" while chanting "Hey hey,...
Wasserman Schultz: Count
Me Out of Women’s March
Jan 18, 2019 1:22 PM CST
Wasserman Schultz: Count Me Out of Women’s March
She's not happy with leadership's refusal to 'repudiate anti-Semitism,' hate speech
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz's first experience with the Women's March left her feeling "electrified." Now, two years later, she's ditching the group, specifically its leaders. The former DNC chair explains why in an opinion piece for
, saying she's become increasingly concerned about what...
United in Fight Against
Trump, They're Now
Fighting Each Other
Dec 24, 2018 8:47 AM CST
United in Fight Against Trump, They're Now Fighting Each Other
Behind-the-scenes controversy for Women's March, with accusations of anti-Semitism, white supremacy
- It was one of the biggest marches in US history , and now there's a big controversy brewing behind the scenes. Held on Jan. 21, 2017, the day after President Trump's inauguration, the Women's March drew millions and spurred women nationwide to get into politics, rallying behind Dems...
'Women Are Outraged,'
Ready to March Again
Oct 1, 2018 7:23 AM CDT
'Women Are Outraged,' Ready to March Again
Date has been set for next Women's March on DC
- A date has been set for the next Women's March—and organizers say they are expecting a big turnout amid outrage over Brett Kavanaugh and the support he has been receiving despite sexual harassment allegations. "Our email inboxes were full: ‘Women's March, where are you? When...
ScarJo's Woody Allen History
Haunts Her Attack on Franco
Jan 22, 2018 8:33 AM CST
ScarJo's Woody Allen History Haunts Her Attack on Franco
Star ripped James Franco for sex misconduct allegations, but some blast her for support of Allen
- James Franco has been caught up in controversy ever since he appeared at the Golden Globes wearing a Time's Up pin, leading to cryptic allegations from actress Ally Sheedy and more detailed sexual-misconduct accusations from five other women. Now Scarlett Johansson has jumped into the fray, using her podium...
Trump Tweets About Women's
Marches as 1,000s Hit Streets
Jan 20, 2018 2:40 PM CST
Trump Tweets About Women's Marches as 1,000s Hit Streets
'When the government shuts down, women still march'
- President Trump tweeted that it was a "perfect day" for women to march to celebrate the "economic success and wealth creation" that's happened during his first year in office, the AP reports. But people participating in rallies and marches in the US and around the world Saturday...
Lawmaker Defeated by
One of the Women He Mocked
Nov 8, 2017 4:55 PM CST
Lawmaker Defeated by One of the Women He Mocked
Ashley Bennett takes down Republican after he mocks Women's March on Facebook
- When New Jersey lawmaker John Carman wondered, via meme, "Will the women's protest end in time for them to cook dinner?" it angered many participants in the January Women's March. On Tuesday, one of them got their revenge. The
reports 32-year-old Democrat Ashley Bennett defeated Republican...
13 Detained at Trump Tower
'Day Without a Woman' March
Mar 8, 2017 6:11 PM CST
13 Detained at Trump Tower 'Day Without a Woman' March
NYPD says women are in custody, but no charges at this point
- Thirteen women were detained while taking part in a "Day Without a Woman" march outside New York's Trump International Hotel and Tower, the NYPD says. The department wouldn't identify who was detained and wouldn't classify the detentions as arrests, though the women are in custody, CNN...
Women's March Organizers
Announce Date of General Strike
Feb 15, 2017 3:47 PM CST
Women's March Organizers Announce Date of General Strike
The action for gender equality takes place on International Women's Day
- An estimated 2.6 million people worldwide took part in the Women's March on Washington and its sister marches last month, Bustle reports. Now the organizers of that event are hoping similar numbers will stay home—or at least not show up to work. According to an announcement Tuesday,...
Anti-Abortion March Organizers
'Pulling Out All the Stops'
Jan 27, 2017 7:47 AM CST
Anti-Abortion March Organizers 'Pulling Out All the Stops'
Pence will speak at march, highest-ranking WH official to do so in person
- The Women's March on Washington Saturday drew about 500,000 people, with millions more demonstrating worldwide. Six days later, another march is taking place in DC, and the
New York Times
notes this event may be tinged with "a new sense of urgency, anxiety, and maybe a little...
Officials Face Backlash
After Women's March Insults
Jan 24, 2017 11:09 AM CST
Officials Face Backlash After Women's March Insults
Some described marchers as 'fat women walking'
- More than 3 million women joined women's marches around the country and around the world on Sunday—and more than one elected official appears to have forgotten that women vote. In several states, lawmakers and other official faced angry backlashes after insulting marchers. A roundup:
Judge Bailey Moseley, who
Piece on Dads Bumbling
as Wives March Gets Roasted
Jan 24, 2017 8:46 AM CST
Piece on Dads Bumbling as Wives March Gets Roasted
'Breaking news: Fathers care for their kids!'
- In its coverage of the women's marches on Saturday, the
New York Times
drew attention to the suburban men of Montclair, NJ, who were forced to feed their kids and take them to appointments while their wives were on a mission. "Routines were radically altered" as women were...
Trump on Women's Marchers:
'Why Didn't These People Vote?'
Jan 22, 2017 9:37 AM CST
Trump on Women's Marchers: 'Why Didn't These People Vote?'
President weighs in on Saturday's marches on Twitter
- A day after taking issue with media reports on the size of crowds at his inauguration, President Trump addressed the size of the Women's March protests that dotted the nation Saturday. "Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't...
DC, Chicago Women's Marches
So Big There Were No Marches
Jan 21, 2017 12:58 PM CST
DC, Chicago Women's Marches So Big There Were No Marches
Hundreds of thousands of demonstrators are clogging routes
- With half-a-million protesters a definite possibility, the march portion of Women's March on Washington is proving an impossibility, the AP reports. A DC official says the entire planned march route to the White House is already packed full of demonstrators. While not making the official march, the hundreds of...
Popular on Newser
2nd Woman Dumped at LA Hospital Dies
Parents of Oxford Suspect Caught After Manhunt
You Know About Foster Care, Maybe Not Its 'Shadow' System
He Stuck Out His Arm to Get Vaxxed. It Was 'Cold and Gummy'
Shellshocked Docs Call Bomb Squad for Man With Ordnance in Rectum
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.