Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
hot coffee lawsuit
'Extra Hot' Tea Scalded
Woman, Killed Dog
Sep 13, 2017 1:20 PM CDT
Suit: Starbucks 'Extra Hot' Tea Scalded Woman, Killed Dog
Claim says Starbucks barista didn't secure lid
- A woman is suing a Denver Starbucks over a spilled cup of hot tea she claims caused second-degree burns that disfigured her and killed her dog, the
reports. A federal lawsuit filed by Deanna Salas-Solano, 58, contends an employee at the drive-thru window didn't secure the lid...
The Coffee Cost Her $2.50.
It Cost Starbucks $100K
in case you missed it
May 21, 2017 6:33 AM CDT
The Coffee Cost Her $2.50. It Cost Starbucks $100K
Joanne Mogavero was burned when cup lid popped off
- The Venti Pike Place coffee cost her about $2.50. It ended up costing Starbucks about 40,000 times that. In the latest hot-coffee lawsuit , a Florida woman was awarded $100,492 Thursday after a 2014 incident at a Starbucks drive-thru in Jacksonville left her physically scarred, reports the
Dunkin' to Pay
$522K to Woman
Sep 15, 2015 2:00 PM CDT
Dunkin' to Pay $522K to Woman Who Tripped, Spilled Coffee
A metal spike was sticking up in a DD parking lot
- It's not the first time a fast-food joint has come under fire for hot-beverage injuries, but this time it's not just the coffee's fault. A New Jersey woman has settled her lawsuit against Dunkin' Donuts for $522,000 after she tripped over an exposed spike from an...
Cop Burned by Free
May 6, 2015 7:20 AM CDT
Cop Burned by Free Starbucks Coffee Wants $50K
He says spill caused emotional distress, Crohn's flare-up
- A police officer's free cup of coffee could cost Starbucks $50,000 if Matthew Kohr wins his lawsuit. The officer in Raleigh, NC, is suing the coffee chain, alleging that when the lid popped off his cup of coffee in 2012, the cup collapsed on itself and he suffered...
Girl Wins $500K
Over Hot Coffee
Oct 25, 2014 5:23 PM CDT
Girl Wins $500K From Denny's Over Hot Coffee
But 5-year-old will need lifelong medical care, parents say
- The hot-coffee (and cider ) lawsuits keep rolling in. In the latest case, parents sued a Denny's location in Angola, New York, after their one-year-old daughter was burned by coffee. The now-5-year-old girl's case has been settled for at least $500,000. Parents Jose Adames and Sally Irizarry...
Hot Cider Spill
Feb 21, 2014 11:07 AM CST
Dunkin' Donuts Sued Over Hot Cider Spill
Jennifer Fragoso sues NJ location, claims permanent scarring
- This story will sound awfully similar to this one and this one : Dunkin' Donuts is getting burned with a hot coffee, er, cider lawsuit, after a New Jersey woman says the drink spilled in her lap, leaving her with second- and third-degree burns, the
reports. Jennifer Fragoso, 24, says...
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 12, 2014 7:00 PM CST
McDonald's Sued Over Hot Coffee —Again
Paulette Carr files suit over alleged 2012 incident
- It's deja vu all over again: A California woman is suing McDonald's, claiming its hot coffee burned her. And it's deja vu in more ways than one: Paulette Carr's case recalls that of famed 1990s predecessor Stella Liebeck , along with a case filed just months ago...
Popular on Newser
After 24-Hour Treatment, Frogs Started Regrowing Lost Limbs
After Bridge Collapses, a Human Chain Forms
Retrieval of Sunken F35 Is 'Vitally Important' for US
Buffalo Bills Have Fans Arrested Over Their Vaccine Cards
Michael Madsen: Son's Death Is 'Mind-Blowing'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.