Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Poland Will Be First
in NATO to Give Ukraine Jets
Mar 16, 2023 2:53 PM CDT
Poland Will Be First in NATO to Give Ukraine Jets
President plans to send a dozen MiG-29s, though Germany sounds puzzled
- Poland's president said Thursday that his country plans to give Ukraine around a dozen MiG-29 fighter jets, which would make it the first NATO member to fulfill the Ukrainian government's increasingly urgent requests for warplanes . President Andrzej Duda said that Poland would hand over four of the Soviet-made...
Russian Pranksters Trick
Polish Leader. Again
Nov 22, 2022 11:31 AM CST
Russian Pranksters Trick Polish Leader. Again
This time, callers pose as French leader Macron
- Russian comedians pretending to be the French president tricked the Polish president, Andrzej Duda, into giving them sensitive information after a missile exploded in eastern Poland last week. Duda's office confirmed on Tuesday that he was put through last week to a person claiming to be France's president,...
Near Ukraine Border,
Biden Assesses Crisis
Mar 25, 2022 5:35 PM CDT
Near Ukraine Border, Biden Assesses Crisis
President meets with Poland's president as well as US troops
- Just 60 miles from Ukraine, President Biden saluted Poland on Friday for welcoming more than 2 million refugees who have fled Russia's invasion. Then he met with humanitarian experts on the ground about what will be needed to mitigate the growing suffering. Biden said he had hoped to get...
He Called Poland's President
a 'Moron,' Now Faces Prison
Mar 23, 2021 11:51 AM CDT
He Called Poland's President a 'Moron,' Now Faces Prison
Writer Jakub Zulczyk apparently violated article making it a crime to insult the head of state
- A popular Polish writer is facing a potential sentence of up to three years in prison for calling the nation's president a "moron" on social media, per the AP . Jakub Zulczyk had criticized the manner in which Polish President Andrzej Duda—a close ally of former President Trump—...
Oct 24, 2020 6:00 AM CDT
Another World Leader Comes Down With COVID
Poland President Andrzej Duda is latest to be stricken with disease in nation seeing a spike
- Poland has entered the "red zone" for COVID-19, with a new nationwide lockdown due to a spike in cases, and infections are starting right at the top. The AP reports President Andrzej Duda tested positive for the coronavirus on Friday, though the 48-year-old says he feels OK so far,...
Russian Prankster Pronounces
Vodka Brand a Little Too Well
Jul 16, 2020 4:43 PM CDT
Russian Prankster Pronounces Vodka Brand a Little Too Well
'Secretary-general' congratulates Poland's president in call
- A Russian prankster posing as the UN secretary-general managed to reach Poland’s president on the telephone and rendered him speechless with questions about Ukraine, Russia, and his reelection on Sunday. The prankster, Vladimir Kuznetsov, known as Vovan, posted a recording of the 11-minute call on YouTube . President Andrzej Duda'...
High Court Warning: Poland
May Be Forced Out of EU
Dec 18, 2019 7:47 AM CST
High Court Warning: Poland May Be Forced Out of EU
Ruling party's judicial reform proposals could lead to issues with European Union law
- Poland's ruling party is attempting to overhaul how its judiciary functions, but the country's supreme court is warning those reform proposals could force Poland out of the European Union. Per the BBC and Euronews , the reforms put forth by the conservative Law and Justice (PiS) party would allow...
Poland Going Ahead With
Holocaust Bill the US Decried
Feb 6, 2018 7:51 AM CST
Poland Going Ahead With Holocaust Bill the US Decried
Polish President Andrzej Duda will sign bill into law, but wants court to take a look
- The US and Israel pitched a fit , but it ultimately wasn't enough to fully stop Poland from moving ahead with its controversial Holocaust law. Polish President Andrzej Duda on Tuesday announced he would sign a bill that prohibits speech that states or suggests his nation was complicit in Nazi...
for Trump Visit
Jul 5, 2017 11:22 AM CDT
Poland's Right-Wing Leadership Excited for Trump Visit
He'll likely get a warm welcome from populist government
- The G20 summit may not be much fun for Donald Trump, what with the angry protesters making noise between his possibly difficult meetings with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian President Vladimir Putin. But he'll have a bit of a buffer beforehand as he first visits Poland, where he'...
Popular on Newser
MSU Head Coach Fired for 'Moral Turpitude'
Winners, Losers From the GOP Debate
Arrest Made in Murder of Young Baltimore Tech CEO
Florida Man Bitten 41 Times by Rabid Otter
Thanks to Taylor Swift, Heinz Selling 'Ketchup and Seemingly Ranch'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.