Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Russian Lawyer Who Met Trump Jr. Hit With Charges
Natalia Veselnitskaya has been charged in an unrelated case
- A Russian lawyer who became a focal point of the investigation into whether there was collusion between Russians and President Trump's election campaign was charged with obstruction of justice Tuesday in an unrelated case in New York, the AP reports. Natalia Veselnitskaya was accused in an indictment of submitting...
Trump's Defense of Don Jr. Meeting Puzzles Analysts
He admits it was to gather information on Clinton
- President Trump defended Donald Trump Jr.'s controversial 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer Sunday—but he did so in a way that left analysts as puzzled as ever. Trump tweeted that stories he was concerned about a meeting his "wonderful son" had in Trump Tower were a...
Big Dump: 2.5K Pages About 2016 Trump Tower Meeting
Senate Judiciary Committee released testimony, exhibits Wednesday morning
- "These materials, taken in their entirety, provide the most complete public picture of the events surrounding the meeting to date," said Sen. Chuck Grassley in a statement Wednesday morning, per the BBC . Their entirety is a substantial one: The Senate Judiciary Committee released 2,500 pages of testimony...
Lawyer Who Met With Trump Jr. Admits: 'I Am an Informant'
Natalia Veselnitskaya's ties to Russian government official go against previous denials
- The Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. has long said she's nothing more than a private attorney who's not linked to the Kremlin—but she's now adding a new self-descriptor. "I am a lawyer, and I am an informant," Natalia Veselnitskaya said in...
Trump Jr. Gives Congress New Reason for Russia Meeting
He says he wanted to determine Clinton's 'fitness' for office
- Donald Trump Jr. now says he took last June's meeting with a Kremlin-connected lawyer promising damaging information on Hillary Clinton because he felt it was important he determine Clinton's "fitness" for office. The
New York Times
received a copy of a statement Trump gave to the Senate...
Trump 'Personally Dictated' Misleading Don Jr. Statement
Sources say he went against advice of aides
- Father knows best? President Trump rejected the advice of aides and personally dictated a statement for Donald Trump Jr. when news of the younger Trump's meeting with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign first surfaced, sources say. According to the
sources, advisers with Trump at...
Russian Lawyer Who Met Trump Jr. Ready to 'Clarify the Situation'
Natalia Veselnitskaya says she'd testify before Congress
- The Russian lawyer who met with President Trump's eldest son during the 2016 election campaign said Wednesday she's ready to "clarify the situation behind this mass hysteria, but only through lawyers or testifying in the Senate." Donald Trump Jr. agreed to meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya in...
8th Attendee of Trump Jr. Meeting Has Been ID'd
Lawyer appears to confirm special investigation is looking into meeting
- The eighth—and potentially final—attendee of a June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer promising information harmful to Hillary Clinton has been identified as Ike Kaveladze, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. The 52-year-old was born in the republic of Georgia under the Soviet Union and...
Russian Prosecutor Who Sullies Foes Tied to Trump Jr. Meeting
Yuri Chaika an expert at 'kompromat': 'NYT'
- It isn't clear what incriminating information on Hillary Clinton, if any, was provided to Donald Trump Jr. during his meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya in June 2016. What is known, however, is that the man believed to have been the source of the information promised is an expert...
Secret Service Denies Vetting Trump Jr. Meeting
Agency rejects Trump lawyer's claim
- The Secret Service has hit back against a member of the Trump legal team's suggestion that they would have prevented Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer if something "nefarious" was going on. The agency says the Trump son was not under its protection at...
Reported Attendees at Trump Jr. Meeting Increases to 8
CNN adds translator and family representative to list
- The number of people who attended a meeting in which Donald Trump Jr. had been promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton continues to grow. CNN reports there were at least eight people at the June 2016 meeting—two more than previously believed. A source says the unreported attendees were a...
Another Russian Attended the Trump Jr. Meeting
Rinat Akhmetshin reportedly worked in Soviet counterintelligence
- Another intriguing detail to Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer: We already knew that he, Natalia Veselnitskaya, Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort were in the room. Now comes word that Veselnitskaya brought along a Russian-born lobbyist described by NBC News as a "former Soviet counterintelligence...
Trump Jr.: I'd Do Things a 'Little Differently' Now
And he says he didn't tell his father about the meeting
- Donald Trump Jr. admitted to Sean Hannity on Tuesday night that he "probably would have done things a little differently" if he had known his meeting with a Russian lawyer claiming to have information on Hillary Clinton would cause such an uproar. It was "pre-Russia fever," the...
Trump Praises His Son as Critics See 'Smoking Gun'
Newly released emails ramp up the Trump-Russia story
- President Trump has weighed in for the first time on the unfolding story involving son Donald Trump Jr. and his meeting with a Russian lawyer. "My son is a high-quality person, and I applaud his transparency," the president said in a statement read by deputy press chief Sarah...
'I Love It,' Trump Jr. Responded to Prospect of Info From Russia
He releases full email chain setting up last year's meeting
- The dribs and drabs about Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting with a Russian lawyer just ramped up significantly. The president's son tweeted out his full email exchange with an ally in Russia who set up last year's meeting, reports the
. Part one is here , and the...
Russian Lawyer: Trump Jr. Asked Only One Question
He wanted to know if she had info on iffy financial donations to Democrats
- The Russian lawyer who has emerged front and center in the new Trump-Russia stories tells NBC News that she has no ties to the Kremlin or any damning information about Hillary Clinton or Democrats. In describing her 20- to 30-minute meeting with Donald Trump Jr. last year, Natalia Veselnitskaya said...
Trump Jr. 'Was Told Russia Wanted to Help Campaign'
His lawyer says report is 'much ado about nothing'
- Another Donald Trump Jr. bombshell: Before his meeting with a Kremlin-linked Russian lawyer last year, the Trump son was told via email the meeting was part of a Russian effort to help his father's campaign, reports the
New York Times ,
which cites "three people with knowledge of the...
How Miss Universe Connected Trump Jr. With Russian Lawyer
A request allegedly led to a request
- As his father often does, Donald Trump Jr. took to Twitter in the wake of his headline-grabbing admission that he met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya last year after being told she had information that could help his father's campaign. "Obviously I'm the first person on a...
Trump Jr. Admits Russian Offered Dirt on Clinton
Sources say it was only reason he agreed to meeting
- Donald Trump Jr. has revealed the real reason for his meeting with a Russian lawyer last year: He says Natalia Veselnitskaya told him she had information that could help his father's campaign. In a statement Sunday, Trump Jr. said during the June 2016 meeting, the lawyer told him "...
Trump Jr. Meeting With Russian Lawyer Now in Spotlight
It's the first known one between Trump campaign officials and a Russian national
- President Trump says it's time to "move forward" with Moscow, but the
New York Times
is out with a front-page story on another meeting between his aides and a Russian figure during the campaign. This one took place two weeks after Trump clinched the GOP nomination and was...
Popular on Newser
We Know How That Utah Monolith Disappeared
Reports: Mom Kept Son Locked Up for Nearly 30 Years
Hannity Has New Advice for Trump
Georgia Republicans Worried About Trump's Message
First Alzheimer's Blood Test Goes on Sale
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.