Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 2,721,960+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Submarine Murderer Is Only Appealing His Sentence
Peter Madsen is not appealing his murder conviction in Kim Wall's death
- Danish submarine inventor Peter Madsen will not be appealing his murder conviction over the killing and dismemberment of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, prosecutors said Monday. In a tweet, prosecutors said Madsen's defense team had only appealed against the life sentence that was handed down by the Copenhagen City Court,...
Peter Madsen Gets Rare Life Sentence for Reporter's Murder
Judge says Madsen didn't give 'a trustworthy' explanation for Kim Wall's death
- Life sentences are unusual in Denmark, even when the crime is murder, but that's what Danish inventor Peter Madsen was handed on Wednesday. Judge Anette Burkoe at the Copenhagen City Court said she and the two jurors—whose opinions all held equal weight in the case—found Swedish journalist...
Submarine Death Suspect: 'I Am Really, Really Sorry'
Peter Madsen is accused of torturing and killing journalist Kim Wall
- The Danish inventor on trial in the murder of a Swedish journalist who was aboard his personal submarine addressed the victim's parents in court directly on Monday. "I am really, really sorry about what happened," Peter Madsen told the mother and father of Kim Wall after the...
Sub Owner: I Tried to Save Kim Wall, Not Kill Her
Peter Madsen denies murdering journalist as his trial opens
- Prosecutors say all the evidence shows that Danish inventor and submarine owner Peter Madsen tortured, murdered, and dismembered Swedish journalist Kim Wall last summer, but Madsen could not have been any clearer as his trial started in Denmark on Thursday: "I deny that I am guilty of the murder...
Kim Wall's Friend Spent Months Researching Her Awful Death
Fellow journalist learns that Wall skipped her own party to go on submarine trip
- May Jeong wasn't just similar to Kim Wall, the journalist allegedly murdered by Peter Madsen in his submarine in August, she was her friend: A fellow young freelance writer who knew Wall in New York in 2016 and spoke with her weekly after assignments took them abroad. "When...
Prosecutors Present Grisly Theory on Submarine Killing
Peter Madsen is accused of bringing aboard tools to brutalize Kim Wall before her death
- Prosecutors have outlined what they think happened to journalist Kim Wall last year aboard a submarine, and it makes for grisly reading. The indictment released Tuesday in Copenhagen accuses Danish entrepreneur Peter Madsen of brutalizing his 30-year-old victim with tools including a saw and screwdrivers that he brought aboard for...
Prosecutors Reveal Theory on Kim Wall's Death
Say she either had throat cut or was strangled, as they charge Peter Madsen in case
- Inventor Peter Madsen was charged Tuesday with killing Swedish journalist Kim Wall during an Aug. 10 trip on his private submarine, with prosecutors saying he either cut her throat or strangled her. Prosecutor Jakob Buch-Jepsen said the case is "very unusual and extremely disturbing." Madsen is charged with...
Sub Owner Offers New Story as to How Journalist Died
Peter Madsen says carbon monoxide killed Kim Wall
- Peter Madsen's recounting of journalist Kim Wall's August death has changed yet again, from that he last saw her alive , to that it was an accident involving a hatch cover , to the latest: that she succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning within his submarine while he was on deck....
Grisly Find in Journalist's Submarine Death
Kim Wall's head and legs are discovered in a sunken bag, say Danish authorities
- Danish divers made a grisly discovery Friday: They found the head and legs of journalist Kim Wall in a bay near Copenhagen, reports Reuters . What's more, the discovery appears to further undermine the unraveling story of inventor Peter Madsen, who has been accused of killing her. Divers in Koge...
Sub Owner Held in Woman's Death Had Torture Videos: Prosecutor
Plus, new postmortem evidence in case against Peter Madsen
- The Danish inventor charged with manslaughter in the death of a Swedish journalist aboard his submarine had videos of women being tortured and murdered on his computer, a police prosecutor told a Copenhagen court Tuesday. Jakob Buch-Jepsen testified that the video footage, "which we presume to be real,"...
Sub Owner Gives Account of How Journalist Died
Peter Madsen appears in court, blames hatch cover
- Submarine owner Peter Madsen was in court for a detention hearing on Tuesday, and provided an account of how he says Swedish journalist Kim Wall lost her life. Madsen framed it as an accident involving what Reuters describes as a "heavy hatch cover," saying, "I lose my...
Police in Kim Wall Case Looking for Orange Turtleneck
Journalist's torso was found unclad
- Danish police said Thursday that the headless torso of Swedish reporter Kim Wall, who is believed to have died on a submarine that sank, was found naked and they are now also searching for her clothes. Copenhagen police spokesman Steen Hansen said investigators found a "clothes-less" torso. He said...
Police: Missing Journalist's Torso Was Attached to Metal
Police say someone tried to make sure Kim Wall's body never rose to surface
- Police in Sweden have made a grisly confirmation: The torso of a woman found near the shore in Copenhagen is indeed that of missing journalist Kim Wall, reports the BBC . And it appears that somebody tried to make sure her body sank to the ocean bottom and stayed there. Police...
Woman's Torso Found as Police Investigate Sub Sinking
It's not clear whether remains belong to Kim Wall
- The body of a woman has been found in the Baltic Sea near where a missing Swedish journalist is believed to have died on a privately built submarine, Danish police said late Monday. A female torso without legs, arms, or a head was found by a passer-by, said the head...
Cops: Sub Owner Confesses Journalist Died in 'Accident'
Peter Madsen also reportedly admitted he 'buried [Kim Wall] at sea'
- The mystery of what happened to a Swedish journalist who vanished after a ride on a Danish inventor's submarine is slowly becoming clearer. Though details are still scarce, Copenhagen police say Peter Madsen, after changing his story , has confessed that Kim Wall died in "an accident" on board...
She Vanished After Boarding His Sub. Now, His Story Changes
The whereabouts of Kim Wall remain unknown
- There are far more questions than answers in the disappearance of journalist Kim Wall, who hasn't been heard from since she boarded Peter Madsen's now-sunken submarine Thursday night on Denmark's Refshaleoen island. The sub has since been raised, and Wall's body wasn't in it . Madsen...
Aboard Mysteriously Sunken Submarine, Cops Find No Body
30-year-old freelance journalist is missing after privately owned sub goes down
- Danish police say they have not found the body of a missing Swedish journalist inside an amateur-built submarine that sunk off the Nordic country's eastern coast last week , reports the AP . Copenhagen police spokesman Jens Moller Jensen says Sunday that investigators uncovered no trace of 30-year-old freelance journalist Kim...
Popular on Newser
Guy With COVID-19 Admits His 'Stupidity,' Dies the Next Day
Fort Hood Soldier Kills Himself After Remains Found
Bad News for Trump on His Niece's Tell-All
In This State, the Party's Over
MythBusters' Adam Savage Is Hit by a Major Accusation
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.