Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Parents Plan to Sue NYC Over
'Preventable' Terror Death
Nov 22, 2017 1:00 AM CST
Parents Plan to Sue NYC Over 'Preventable' Terror Death
City failed to secure bike path, lawyer says
- The parents of one of eight people killed in New York City's deadliest terrorist attack since 9/11 are planning to sue the city and three agencies for "gross negligence" that put their son at risk. Rosemarie Arnold, an attorney for the parents of 32-year-old Darren Drake, filed a...
ISIS Issues Statement
on NYC Terror Attack
Nov 3, 2017 10:46 AM CDT
ISIS Issues Statement on NYC Terror Attack
Says suspect Sayfullo Saipov is one of its 'caliphate soldiers'
- New York City terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov was allegedly quick to reference ISIS , while the militant group stayed mum. That's changed. Reuters reports the Islamic State claimed responsibility Thursday in its own
paper for the attack, saying that the 29-year-old is "one of the caliphate soldiers."...
He Picked 10/31
Nov 3, 2017 6:55 AM CDT
Document: NYC Suspect Explained Why He Picked 10/31
Sayfullo Saipov allegedly settled on using a truck two months ago
- After planning for a year, Sayfullo Saipov allegedly chose Halloween to drive a rented Home Depot truck into pedestrians in New York City because he believed there'd be more targets outside, making his goal of killing as many people as possible more attainable, reports the
Washington Post ,
Trump's Death Penalty Demand
Could 'Haunt Prosecutors'
Nov 2, 2017 8:03 AM CDT
Trump's Death Penalty Demand Could 'Haunt Prosecutors'
President has tweeted twice now about Sayfullo Saipov's legal case
- President Trump sent out a midnight tweet calling for the New York City truck suspect to face the death penalty , and he doubled down Thursday morning. "Should move fast. DEATH PENALTY!" he wrote . Trump added that while he'd like to see Sayfullo Saipov sent to Guantanamo Bay,...
Neighbor Noticed Something
Suspicious About NYC Suspect
Nov 2, 2017 4:46 AM CDT
Neighbor Noticed Something Suspicious About NYC Suspect
He says Sayfullo Saipov drove around in a Home Depot truck that was empty
- Court papers filed against New York City terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov Wednesday stated that he asked for an ISIS flag in his hospital room —news that outraged President Trump, among others. "NYC terrorist was happy as he asked to hang ISIS flag in his hospital room," Trump...
Alleged NYC Attacker Wanted
ISIS Flag in Hospital Room: FBI
Nov 1, 2017 5:33 PM CDT
Alleged NYC Attacker Wanted ISIS Flag in Hospital Room: FBI
Sayfullo Saipov charged Wednesday in New York City
- Despite President Trump's talk of a military trial , Sayfullo Saipov was charged Wednesday in a civilian court in New York City, the
New York Times
reports. Prosecutors say the 29-year-old drove a rented Home Depot truck down a bicycle and pedestrian path Tuesday, killing eight people. According to USA...
NYC Attack Suspect Was
Questioned by Feds in 2015
Nov 1, 2017 1:47 PM CDT
NYC Attack Suspect Was Questioned by Feds in 2015
Trump is considering sending 'animal' Sayfullo Saipov to Guantanamo
- President Trump says he may send Sayfullo Saipov, the 29-year-old who allegedly killed eight people Tuesday in New York City, to Guantanamo Bay as the first step in getting "much tougher" on terror suspects, the
reports. The president called Saipov, who arrived in the US from Uzbekistan...
Trump Vows to Kill Visa
Lottery Program Immediately
Nov 1, 2017 12:59 PM CDT
Trump Vows to Kill Visa Lottery Program Immediately
Fans of 'This American Life' may be familiar with it
- Tuesday's truck attack in New York City has touched off a debate on immigration laws, one that pits President Trump against Sen. Chuck Schumer in particular. Trump called on Congress Wednesday to end a program known as the Diversity Visa Lottery because he says it allowed the attacker into...
5 Friends on Dream Trip to
NYC Among Victims of Attack
Nov 1, 2017 4:26 AM CDT
5 Friends on Dream Trip to NYC Among Victims of Attack
Group from Argentina was celebrating 30th anniversary of graduation
- Five of the eight people killed in what authorities believe was an ISIS-inspired terrorist attack in Manhattan Tuesday were friends visiting the city to celebrate the 30th anniversary of graduating from high school in Argentina. Authorities say the five men from Rosario, all in their late 40s, were riding bikes...
Cops: NYC Attacker
Is Uber Driver Who
Gave 1,400 Rides
Nov 1, 2017 3:30 AM CDT
Cops: NYC Attacker Is Uber Driver Who Gave 1,400 Rides
Sayfullo Saipov came to US in 2010
- The man who killed eight people Thursday in what's believed to be New York City's deadliest terror attack since 9/11 has been identified as Sayfullo Saipov, an Uber driver who came to the US from Afghanistan in 2010. The 29-year-old, who was shot by police but survived after...
Popular on Newser
Great Barrier Reef Just 'Gave Birth'
New COVID Variant Is a 'Big Jump in Evolution'
Snowboarding Legend Dies in Filming Accident
WHO Names Variant; US Issues Travel Restrictions
Wrongfully Jailed at 18, He's Now a Millionaire
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.