Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Gunman Kills 3 People, Wounds 1 on UNLV Campus
Prosecutor: Bruce McArthur
Staged Corpses With Cigars
Feb 4, 2019 2:56 PM CST
Prosecutor: Bruce McArthur Staged Corpses With Cigars
Grisly details emerge during serial killer's sentencing hearing
- A prosecutor last week revealed that serial killer Bruce McArthur staged photos of some of his victims after they died, but he gave a fuller picture of what that meant Monday as the sentencing hearing began for the former gardener who preyed on men from Toronto's Gay Village district....
Pleads Guilty as
Grisly Details of
Jan 29, 2019 1:25 PM CST
Bruce McArthur Pleads Guilty as Grisly Details of Killings Aired
The Toronto landscaper will be sentenced on Monday
- Bruce McArthur has pleaded guilty to murdering eight men in Toronto , and prosecutors in court on Tuesday provided grisly details of the crimes. Crown prosecutor Michael Cantlon said McArthur "staged" and photographed some of his victims and held on to some of their possessions, including jewelry and a notebook....
More Human Remains
Discovered Near Property
Linked to Alleged Serial Killer
Jul 6, 2018 4:03 AM CDT
More Human Remains Discovered Near Property Linked to Alleged Serial Killer
Bruce McArthur is accused of killing 8 men in Canada
- Human remains have been discovered in the Toronto ravine behind a home that alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur used as storage for his landscaping business, the AP reports. Detective Sgt. Hank Idsinga told reporters Thursday that the remains were found with the help of K-9 units and have been sent...
1.8K Items Taken From
Alleged Serial Killer's Home
May 16, 2018 5:08 AM CDT
1.8K Items Taken From Alleged Serial Killer's Home
Bruce McArthur's place was searched inch by inch
- After four months of painstaking work, police in Toronto have completed their search of the apartment of the man believed to be the city's worst-ever serial killer. Police say at least two forensic officers have been at Bruce McArthur's 19th-floor apartment every day since mid-January, looking for evidence...
Police Need Public's Help in
Case of Suspected Serial Killer
Mar 5, 2018 4:32 PM CST
Police Need Public's Help in Case of Suspected Serial Killer
A 7th victim has been found, but not identified
- Toronto police have found a seventh set of remains related to the investigation into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur and have released a picture of a bearded, darker skinned dead man. Detective Sgt. Hank Idsinga said Monday they could not identify the man in the picture and are now seeking...
More Bodies Have Turned Up
in Case of Alleged Serial Killer
Feb 8, 2018 2:54 PM CST
More Bodies Have Turned Up in Case of Alleged Serial Killer
Police found remains of 6 people in planters on property connected to Bruce McArthur
- Toronto police said Thursday they've recovered the remains of at least six people from planters on a property connected to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur , the AP reports. Lead investigator Det. St. Hank Idsinga said the remains, found on property McArthur used as storage in exchange for doing the...
Sources: Man Found Bound in
Suspected Serial Killer's Home
Jan 31, 2018 7:53 AM CST
Sources: Man Found Bound in Suspected Serial Killer's Home
His arrival at apartment reportedly triggered Bruce McArthur's arrest
- Toronto police arrested a suspected serial killer out of fear for a young man's life, sources say. The man—who was seeking a sexual encounter, per the CBC —was found restrained but unharmed in Bruce McArthur's apartment on Jan. 18; police had the 66-year-old landscaper under surveillance...
of Killing 5, Hiding
Bodies in Planters
Jan 30, 2018 6:19 AM CST
Landscaper Accused of Killing 5, Hiding Bodies in Planters
Toronto cops believe there are more victims to be found
- After a series of grim discoveries, police in Toronto believe they have a serial killer in custody—one who was able to operate undetected for years because he had a job that was perfect for hiding bodies. Bruce McArthur, a 66-year-old self-employed landscaper, has been charged with first-degree murder in...
Popular on Newser
Husband, Mom of Woman Killed on Wedding Night in Ugly Legal Fight
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
Gunman Kills 3 People, Wounds 1 on UNLV Campus
Kevin McCarthy to Exit the House at Month's End
A 65-Year-Old Christmas Classic Finally Hits No. 1
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.