Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Santa Fe school shooting
'Teacher' Was Hailed as Hero. It May Have Been a Hoax
Story of David Briscoe and Santa Fe shooting falls apart after 'Texas Tribune' looks into it
- "I barricaded the door with desks and tables and shut the lights." So recounted substitute teacher David Briscoe to CNN in May 2018 after a school shooting left 10 dead at Santa Fe High School in Texas. Briscoe was hailed as a hero as he told his story...
7 Families Sue Suspected School Shooter's Parents
They didn't do enough to keep guns away from Dimitrios Pagourtzis: suit
- Sabika Sheikh's parents saw it as an opportunity. Sending their daughter to the US as an exchange student from Pakistan could give her a leg up in a later career in business or diplomacy , Abdul Aziz and Farah Naz thought. Three weeks before she was to complete her school...
Student Killed at Santa Fe High Returns to Pakistan in a Coffin
Sabika Sheikh was buried on Wednesday
- "19 days until I'm back!" said the Snapchat message sent to her best friend last Friday morning. But Sabika Sheikh ended up returning home to Pakistan sooner than planned: Her body arrived in Karachi in a flag-draped coffin Wednesday. The 17-year-old was one of the victims of...
Santa Fe Suspect's Father Calls His Son a 'Victim'
Dimitrios Pagourtzis' father says the teen didn't own any guns
- Dimitrios Pagourtzis' father painted his son as a "victim" in the wake of the Santa Fe, Texas, school shooting, which Antonios Pagourtzis blames on bullying. "I believe that's what was behind" Friday's events, he told the
Wall Street Journal
in an interview. The
A Final Gift From Teacher Murdered in Texas School
Cynthia Tisdale's story is now bringing in money for treatment of her seriously ill husband
- One of the victims in the Santa Fe school shooting was Cynthia Tisdale, a 63-year-old substitute teacher who WFMY reports was killed Friday while teaching a first-period art class. But while family and friends mourn her death in this "terrible act of violence," BuzzFeed notes a glimmer of...
Obama Official Says Keep Kids Home to Fight Guns
Arne Duncan was US Secretary of Education under President Obama
- An official from the Obama administration has suggested parents nationwide force Congress to act on gun control by keeping their kids home from school. Arne Duncan, a former US Secretary of Education, made the statement in a tweet on Friday after 10 people were gunned down in an east Texas...
Girl Who Spurned Texas Suspect Was Among Victims
Mom of 16-year-old Shana Fisher said Dimitrious Pagourtzis 'continued to get more aggressive'
- Sixteen-year-old Shana Fisher died in the art room of Santa Fe High School on Friday, but only after "4 months of problems from this boy," the suspected shooter, Shana's mom tells the
Los Angeles Times .
Sadie Rodriguez says that Dimitrios Pagourtzis "kept making advances on her...
Cops: Santa Fe Suspect 'Spared' Those He Liked
Parkland students offer their support, plus a heartbreaking clip from one of the survivors
- Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the 17-year-old suspect in the shooting at Texas' Santa Fe High School on Friday that took the lives of 10 and wounded several others, has been charged with capital murder and aggravated assault of a public servant, CNN reports. Pagourtzis, who once played football on the school's...
Popular on Newser
CDC Makes Significant Change to Its Mask Advice
An Elderly Man Died of COVID. His Obit Pulls No Punches
Calls for 'Martial Law' Spark Outrage
'Con Queen of Hollywood' Suspect Is Arrested
WH Abruptly Fires DoD Advisers, Installs Trump Allies
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.