Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Rhoden family massacre
Prosecutor: Killers of 8
Wanted No Witnesses Left
Sep 12, 2022 5:06 PM CDT
Prosecutor: Killers of 8 Wanted No Witnesses Left
Defense says defendant isn't like others in accused Ohio family
- A custody dispute between two families that erupted into the massacre of eight people in rural southern Ohio started with a plan to kill just one of them, a young mother refusing to give up her daughter, a prosecutor said Monday. But months before the killings in 2016, the family...
Rhoden Family Massacre: The
Allegations Are Stacking Up
Aug 2, 2022 11:10 AM CDT
Rhoden Family Massacre: The Allegations Are Stacking Up
Jake Wagner's brother is set to go on trial in late August
- The 2016 murders of eight members of the Rhoden family sent shock waves through their rural southwest Ohio community. In late August, the first member of the Wagner family will go on trial for their deaths. In a lengthy piece for the
, Chris Graves writes that it's...
Rhoden Family Massacre: Pets
Carried Surveillance Devices
Nov 14, 2018 9:07 AM CST
Rhoden Family Massacre: Pets Carried Surveillance Devices
The latest on the arrest of the Wagners in connection with the Rhoden family deaths
- Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine on Tuesday called it "the most bizarre story I've ever seen": the arrests of four members of the Wagner family in the April 2016 execution-style slayings of eight members of the Rhoden family in Ohio. Authorities allege a custody dispute was at the...
2 Years Later, Arrests in
Rhoden Family Massacre
Nov 14, 2018 1:33 AM CST
2 Years Later, Arrests in Rhoden Family Massacre
Authorities say custody dispute played role in Ohio slaying of 8
- Two and a half years after the execution-style slayings of eight members of the Rhoden family in Ohio, another family has been arrested. Four members of the Wagner family were arrested Tuesday, and authorities say a custody dispute played a role in the murders, the AP reports. Edward "Jake"...
Here's What Rhoden Family
Massacre Autopsy Reports Say
Sep 20, 2018 10:35 AM CDT
Here's What Rhoden Family Massacre Autopsy Reports Say
Journalists were allowed to view the preliminary reports
- It's been two years since the Rhoden family massacre in Pike County, Ohio, and while the killings remain stubbornly unsolved, more details of the crime itself have now emerged. That's thanks to a ruling from the Ohio Supreme Court, which allowed journalists to see the preliminary autopsy reports...
Odd Development in
Ohio Massacre Case
May 17, 2017 2:29 AM CDT
Odd Development in Ohio Massacre Case
Cops say victim's brother destroyed GPS device
- Ohio state authorities have charged the brother of one of the eight relatives slain in an unsolved massacre with tampering with evidence and vandalism over the destruction of a GPS tracking device they placed on his truck. The state attorney general's office accused James Manley of destroying the device...
Cops Say Fear Is Holding Back
Witnesses in Ohio Massacre
Apr 13, 2017 7:29 PM CDT
Cops Say Fear Is Holding Back Witnesses in Ohio Massacre
No one has been arrested nearly a year later
- Fear in the community is holding back information about the unsolved massacre of eight family members in southern Ohio nearly a year ago, investigators said Thursday. Some of that fear is of retaliation by the killers, and some is fear of witnesses incriminating themselves over their own criminal activity—likely...
$25K Reward in
Ohio Slayings Over
Apr 29, 2016 6:18 AM CDT
Man Pulls $25K Reward in Ohio Slayings Over 'Developments'
Jeff Ruby cites 'complex criminal developments'
- An odd and mostly unexplained development in the murder of eight Ohio family members : A local business leader has yanked his $25,000 reward in the case. In a tweet , restaurant owner Jeff Ruby said that "with recent complex criminal developments in Pike Co case, we are withdrawing our...
Ohio Murder Victims
May Have Put Up a Fight
Apr 27, 2016 6:29 AM CDT
Ohio Murder Victims May Have Put Up a Fight
Autopsies show some had soft tissue bruising
- While authorities say some of the victims of Ohio's "execution-style" killings died in their sleep, others may have put up a fight. Autopsies show some members of the Rhoden family had soft tissue bruising, suggesting they resisted their killer or killers, the Pike County Medical Examiner said Tuesday,...
Father of One Ohio Victim
Thinks Killers Knew House
Apr 26, 2016 12:12 PM CDT
Father of One Ohio Victim Thinks Killers Knew House
They were able to get around the dogs
- The methodical executions of eight members of one family in Ohio continues to baffle, with rumors outpacing facts. Here's a roundup of developments:
interviews Leonard Manley, whose daughter and her three children were among the victims in Pike County. He notes that the killer or killers
Ohio Murder Victim
Apr 25, 2016 5:45 PM CDT
Ohio Murder Victim Was Threatened on Facebook
Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, received the threat
- A new development in Ohio: One of the eight family members killed in a horrific mass slaying had already been threatened on Facebook, CBS News reports. The threat was directed at Christopher Rhoden Jr., who at 16 was the youngest of the victims. "I'm aware of the Facebook...
911 Call in Ohio Horror: 'Blood All Over the House'
Apr 24, 2016 8:07 AM CDT
911 Call in Ohio Horror: 'Blood All Over the House'
As businessman offers up $25K to find unknown suspect
- The 911 calls came Friday, from two of the four Ohio homes where eight members of the Rhoden family lay dead in grisly execution-style murders: "There's blood all over the house! My brother-in-law's in the bedroom. It looks like someone has beat the hell out of him,...
One Ohio Victim:
Mom Next to
Apr 23, 2016 10:38 AM CDT
One Ohio Victim: Mom Next to 4-Day-Old Baby
Cops say killer or killers is still at large
- Police in Ohio say they are still hunting the suspect—or suspects—who slaughtered eight members of the same family in four rural residences on Friday. Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says more than 30 people have been interviewed in connection with the "horrible tragedy" in Pike County, the...
8 Dead in 'Execution
Style' Shootings in Ohio
Apr 22, 2016 1:54 PM CDT
8 Dead in 'Execution Style' Shootings in Ohio
The shooter or shooters are possibly still out there and 'extremely dangerous'
- Eight people are dead after "execution-style" shootings in rural southern Ohio on Friday, reports WBNS . According to WCPO , the victims in the rampage in Peebles are all members of the Rhoden family. One of the dead is a 16-year-old boy, the AP reports. Multiple homes were involved in what...
Popular on Newser
Amended Autopsy Report: McClain Died Due to Ketamine
Elton John's WH Concert Ends With a Big Surprise
He Wanted to Be Taller. Agony, $75K Got Him There
Detroit Radio Anchor Killed, His Family Injured, in Attack
9 Months Later, Case of Lina Sardar Khil Still Baffles
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.