Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Pipe Bomb Mailer
Learns His Fate
Aug 5, 2019 4:46 PM CDT
Pipe Bomb Mailer Learns His Fate
Cesar Sayoc sentenced to 20 years
- Cesar Sayoc, the 57-year-old Florida man who pleaded guilty to mailing 16 pipe bombs to prominent Democrats and CNN last October, was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison. "I am beyond so very sorry for what I did," Sayoc told the judge. "Now that I am...
Mail Bomber: I Was on
274 Supplements, Steroids
Apr 25, 2019 1:36 PM CDT
Mail Bomber: I Was on 274 Supplements, Steroids
Cesar Sayoc's lawyers hope psychiatrist report can lower sentence
- A Florida man who mailed crudely made pipe bombs to prominent critics of President Trump said he abused steroids for over 40 years, an issue his lawyers say they'll cite at sentencing. Cesar Sayoc made the assertion in lengthy and rambling letters to a federal judge that were posted...
Mail Bomb Suspect
Enters Plea, Sobs
Mar 21, 2019 4:40 PM CDT
Mail Bomb Suspect Enters Plea, Sobs
Cesar Sayoc pleads guilty
- A Florida man pleaded guilty Thursday to sending pipe bombs to CNN and prominent critics of President Trump in a wave of attacks that harmed no one but spread fear of political violence across the US for days leading up to last fall's midterm elections. Cesar Sayoc, 57, sobbed...
Pipe Bomb Suspect
Oct 31, 2018 4:02 PM CDT
Pipe Bomb Suspect Also Threatened Beto O'Rourke
Threats were sent over Facebook, spokesperson for Texas congressman says
- A spokesman for Texas Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke says the Democratic congressman received threats earlier this year from the suspected pipe bomber in Florida, the AP reports. O'Rourke spokesman Chris Evans says Cesar Sayoc used Facebook to send threatening messages in April. Evans says O'Rourke, who's...
Another Suspicious Package
to CNN Brings Count to 15
Oct 29, 2018 2:47 PM CDT
Another Suspicious Package to CNN Brings Count to 15
FBI, police were alerted at 9:30am
- CNN was the intended recipient of a third suspicious package, this one intercepted in Atlanta on Monday morning. The FBI and Atlanta police were called to a post office some 1.2 miles from CNN headquarters around 9:30am. The FBI confirmed what they recovered is "similar in appearance...
Michael Moore Releases Clip
of Cesar Sayoc at Rally
Oct 29, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Michael Moore Releases Clip of Cesar Sayoc at Rally
Accused mail bomber is chanting about CNN
- One of the stickers on accused mail bomber Cesar Sayoc's van read "CNN Sucks." Another featured the likeness of Michael Moore in a gun's crosshairs. Now Moore himself has released raw footage of Sayoc at a rally for President Trump soon after the inauguration that brings...
Campbell Soup Exec Gone
After Soros Conspiracy Theory
Oct 29, 2018 9:34 AM CDT
Campbell Soup Exec Gone After Soros Conspiracy Theory
Idea that billionaire is funding migrant caravan might be fueling rampages
- George Soros received one of the mail bombs sent to prominent figures on the left last week, and it's not surprising he would show up on such a mailing list: He's the topic of numerous conspiracy theories from his political opponents. Now, however, one conspiracy theory in particular—...
Lawyer on Mail Bomb Suspect:
'He Just Won't See Reality'
Oct 29, 2018 9:15 AM CDT
Lawyer on Mail Bomb Suspect: 'He Just Won't See Reality'
Estranged family of Cesar Sayoc and their attorney say they've long begged him to get help
- As authorities try to pin down a motive in what the
New York Times
calls Cesar Sayoc's alleged "spree of bubble-wrapped terror," members of his estranged family are trying to convince him to seek mental health care and retain a good lawyer. Sayoc—who CNN notes is...
Mail Bomb Suspect Has
Long Criminal History
Oct 26, 2018 1:59 PM CDT
Mail Bomb Suspect Has Long Criminal History
Florida's Cesar Sayoc, 56, is in custody
- His name is Cesar Sayoc, he is 56, and he lives in Aventura, Florida. Those were among the first basic facts to emerge Friday after the FBI arrested Sayoc in connection with the string of mail bombs mailed to prominent Democrats earlier in the week. Details and developments:
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
Ruling on Naomi Judd Death Probe Sees a 180
Longest-Living President Celebrates 98th Birthday
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A $1.2B Ship Was Destroyed. Now, a Sailor Hears His Fate
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.