Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
USC President Left With $7.7M After Medical Scandal
Max Nikias stepped down in 2018, accused of ignoring complaints about gynecologist
- Max Nikias, who was president of the University of Southern California during what the US Department of Education called the school's "complete failure to protect students," left his job with nearly $7.7 million in total compensation. Nikias left his post in August 2018 , after a scandal...
Ex-USC Gynecologist Charged With 16 Sexual Assaults
Investigation into George Tyndall's alleged actions is continuing
- A former campus gynecologist at the University of Southern California was charged Wednesday in the sexual assaults of 16 patients at the campus student health center, authorities said. Dr. George Tyndall has been the subject of a Los Angeles police investigation for more than a year after patients claimed sexual...
USC's Own Report Suggested Gynecologist Preyed on Students
But school did not fire George Tyndall, reports Los Angeles Times
- The University of Southern California didn't fire a campus health clinic gynecologist accused of abusing hundreds of women , even after the school's own team of medical experts found evidence of the crimes as well as signs of "psychopathy." That's according to internal university records obtained...
What Cops Say They Found in Ex-USC OB-GYN's Storage Unit
Allegedly, photos of naked women who appeared to be in an exam room
- Inside the storage unit of the ex-USC gynecologist accused of molesting hundreds of students, cops say they found what the
Los Angeles Times
calls a "trove of homemade pornography," as well as nude photos of women in what appeared to be a medical exam room. George Tyndall, who...
USC President Steps Down Over Gynecologist Scandal
CL Max Nikias has served in the role since 2010
- University of Southern California President CL Max Nikias stepped down Tuesday in the wake of a sex-abuse scandal involving a campus gynecologist in which school administrators faced criticism they ignored decades of complaints. Nikias had been president since 2010; his $3 million in pay, bonuses, and benefits in 2015 made...
USC President Is Quitting Over Gynecologist Scandal
C.L. Max Nikias stepping down amid accusations school did not stop abusive doctor
- The president of the University of Southern California has agreed to step down amid a raging sex scandal involving a university gynecologist who is accused of conducting inappropriate exams for decades. The university's board has "agreed to begin an orderly transition and commence the process of selecting a...
Outrage Grows Over USC's Gynecologist Sex Abuse Scandal
Dr. George Tyndall accused of rampant sexual abuse of patients
- Outrage is growing at the University of Southern California, where 200 faculty members on Tuesday called for the university's president, CL Max Nikias, to step down over the university's handling of sexual abuse allegations against a former campus health clinic gynecologist. At least eight complaints were made against...
Popular on Newser
UPS: We Found Tucker Carlson's Missing Shipment
In Pennsylvania, a Stall Tactic Could Lift Trump to Victory
An 'Unprecedented' Ransomware Assault Is Underway
One of the Final Places Without COVID Reports First Cases
AOC 'Cautious About Words' When Answering One Question
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.