Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Man Accused of Killing Brother, Brother's Family Enters His Plea
Paul Caneiro pleads not guilty on the same day his lawyers withdraw from case
- A New Jersey businessman accused of killing his brother, his brother's wife, and their two children pleaded not guilty Monday to felony murder and other charges, the same day his defense attorneys withdrew from the case due to recently discovered conflicts of interest. Michael Wicke, the new lawyer for...
Police: Evidence Ties Brother to NJ Mansion Murders
Paul Caneiro has been charged with murder of his brother and his brother's family
- Suspicious of his brother over missing money from two companies they owned in Asbury Park, New Jersey, Keith Caneiro on Nov. 19 emailed two business associates last fall, saying he was going to cut off further payments to his brother, Paul. The next day, Keith and his family were found...
NJ Case: Brother's Behavior Changed After Car Accident
Family friends say murder suspect Paul Caneiro struggled as his brother thrived
- The details are brutal. Authorities in New Jersey on Thursday laid out murder and arson charges against 51-year-old Paul Caneiro, who is accused of killing his younger brother and his brother's entire family before setting fire to their opulent home. Then, authorities say, Caneiro returned home and set his...
Family 'Fully' Supports NJ Man Charged in Arson at Own Home
Paul Caneiro's wife, daughters were home when blaze broke out, willing to testify for him
- Paul Caneiro's wife and two daughters were inside the home that he stands charged with setting ablaze , and they are set to testify on his behalf when he returns to court on Wednesday, his lawyer, Robert Honecker, tells ABC News . Wife Susan and daughters Marissa and Katelyn escaped the...
Mystery Deepens in NJ Mansion Fire
Lawyer says Paul Caneiro is innocent
- New Jersey man Paul Caneiro didn't try to set his own house on fire with his wife and children inside, his lawyer says—and he is also innocent of "any other charge," which would include the murders of his brother and his family . Lawyer Robert Honecker Jr....
Family Was Murdered Before Mansion Fire
'Homicidal violence' wasn't random, prosecutor says
- Another disturbing twist in the New Jersey mansion fire case: Authorities have confirmed that all four members of a family were murdered before their Colts Neck home was set on fire Tuesday. Monmouth County Prosecutor Christopher Gramiccioni said Wednesday that the case had "transcended" from an arson investigation to...
After Man, Family Die in Mansion Fire, Brother Arrested
Paul Caneiro's arrest tied to a fire at his own home that happened hours prior
- A convoluted story out of New Jersey, where police have charged Paul Caneiro with aggravated arson in connection with a fire at his own home—one that the
Asbury Park Press
reports occurred seven hours before a fatal fire at his brother's mansion. Around 5am Tuesday, firefighters responded to...
Popular on Newser
Joe Biden Injures Himself
Monolith in Utah Desert Disappears
Assassination Complicates Biden's Plans
Big Donor on Election Fraud Suits Wants His Money Back
Biden Plans White House Surprise
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.