Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
His Parents Say He Was Killed.
His Wife Says He Was 'Freed'
Jul 11, 2019 10:24 AM CDT
His Parents Say He Was Killed. His Wife Says He Was 'Freed'
Vincent Lambert dies 9 days after feeding tube removed in France
- A Frenchman at the center of a landmark right-to-die case has taken his last breath. Vincent Lambert, a quadriplegic with severe brain damage following a 2008 motorcycle accident, died Thursday, some nine days after his feeding tubes were removed at Reims' Sebastopol Hospital, per the BBC . He was 42. His...
France's Top Court
Ends Tug-of-War in
Landmark Right-to-Die Case
Jun 30, 2019 5:04 PM CDT
France's Top Court Ends Tug-of-War in Landmark Right-to-Die Case
Clears way for doctors to end life support for Vincent Lambert
- France's highest court has given doctors permission to restart procedures to stop feeding and hydrating a man who has been in a vegetative state following a car accident 11 years ago. The Court of Cassation quashed a previous decision by a Paris court to resume life support so the...
Doctors Began to Let Him Die.
Then, the 'Stunning Twist'
in case you missed it
May 25, 2019 11:40 AM CDT
Doctors Began to Let Him Die. Then, the 'Stunning Twist'
Paris court orders Vincent Lambert's life support to resume
- On Monday doctors cut the nutrition and hydration that has been keeping Vincent Lambert alive, in what appeared to be the final chapter in an 11-year medical saga . It wasn't: His life support was resumed 12 hours later, reports Reuters , following a Monday night court order from the Paris...
His Wife Wanted
to Pull Life Support;
His Parents Didn't
May 20, 2019 9:03 AM CDT
His Wife Wanted to Pull Life Support; His Parents Didn't
'Halting of treatments' has begun for quadriplegic in divisive right-to-die case out of France
- It's been an agonizing battle between Vincent Lambert's wife and his parents, and it appears his wife is getting the final say. The BBC reports the 42-year-old Frenchman, a quadriplegic who's been in a vegetative state since a motorcycle accident 11 years ago, is being taken off...
Popular on Newser
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Anne Heche's Cause of Death Revealed
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Teen Beat Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
Trump's Former Money Guy Pleads Guilty, Heads to Prison
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.