Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Marianne Williamson 2020
Jan 10, 2020 1:10 PM CST
Goodbye to Another Dem Candidate
Marianne Williamson drops out of 2020 race
- If you've been waiting with bated breath to see if Marianne Williamson would qualify for Tuesday's Democratic debate in Iowa, you can exhale—she definitely won't be there, even though the qualification deadline isn't until later Friday. That's because the 67-year-old self-help author and spiritual...
Without a Staff
Jan 2, 2020 6:00 PM CST
Candidate Keeps Running, but Without a Staff
Marianne Willamson still has events scheduled in Iowa
- Bestselling author and spiritual guru Marianne Williamson has laid off her entire 2020 campaign staff but is pushing ahead with her Democratic presidential bid, two former staffers said Thursday. Paul Hodes, a former congressman who had served as Williamson’s New Hampshire state director and senior campaign adviser, confirmed that...
Mistakenly Slams Trump
Dec 9, 2019 11:15 AM CST
Marianne Williamson Mistakenly Slams Trump
She falls for a satirical article about Charles Manson
- Marianne Williamson is still a 2020 candidate for president, though she hasn't been generating much attention in the media. That changed Monday, but not in a good way. It seems that Williamson got snookered by a satirical article and condemned President Trump for doing something he hadn't done—...
Aug 15, 2019 6:48 PM CDT
Williamson Once Aired Theories Tying Autism to Vaccinations
Candidate has said 'vaccines work' but has also been skeptical
- Marianne Williamson's position on vaccinations has been an issue in her Democratic presidential campaign. She apologized in June after calling mandatory vaccinations "Orwellian," per the
Los Angeles Times
, and saying, "The US government doesn’t tell any citizen, in my book, what they have to do...
at Key Labor
Aug 3, 2019 4:15 PM CDT
Dems Tussle at Key Labor Forum in Nevada
Joe Biden defends Obamacare, while Elizabeth Warren promotes 'Medicare for All'
- Democratic presidential candidates' tussle over health care reform and Barack Obama's legacy continued Saturday, with former Vice President Joe Biden declaring he's "against any Democrat who wants to get rid of Obamacare." Biden spoke during a forum held by the nation's largest public employees union...
Marianne Williamson's Words
on Reparations Made Waves
Jul 31, 2019 8:18 AM CDT
Marianne Williamson's Words on Reparations Made Waves
Her argument was hailed as 'powerful'
- In Tuesday night's Democratic debate, Marianne Williamson was asked about her stance on reparations—and some are hailing her answer as the best that's been given. In questioning her, Don Lemon stated that Williamson has been "calling for up to $500 billion in financial assistance. What makes...
Top Takeaways From
the Democratic Debate
Jul 31, 2019 6:49 AM CDT
Top Takeaways From the Democratic Debate
Sanders, Warren had 'ceasefire'
- Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren were the two highest-polling candidates in Tuesday night's Democratic debate, the first of two 10-candidate debates in Detroit—but it was a letdown for anybody expecting a clash between the two progressives. Since they are competing for similar voters, "everyone was girding...
Sanders: 'I Wrote the Damn Bill'
Jul 30, 2019 11:06 PM CDT
Sanders: 'I Wrote the Damn Bill'
Best lines from the Democratic debate
- In a testy Democratic debate that pitted Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren against more moderate 2020 candidates, Sanders was widely seen as having had one of the best lines. "I do know, I wrote the damn bill," he snapped when Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan interrupted him to...
in Democratic Debate
Jul 30, 2019 8:59 PM CDT
Health Care Splits Candidates in Democratic Debate
Sanders, Warren clash with moderates
- The first of another round of 10-candidate Democratic debates kicked off Tuesday night with a reshuffled stack of candidates and a different set of rules . Marianne Williamson, Tim Ryan, Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Beto O'Rourke, John Hickenlooper, John Delaney, and Steve Bullock are debating in...
Marianne Williamson Gets
the Kate McKinnon Treatment
Jun 28, 2019 11:49 AM CDT
Marianne Williamson Gets the Kate McKinnon Treatment
Impression of candidate is 'perfect'
- "The window for Marianne Williamson impressions might be closing fast,"
host Seth Meyers quipped following part two of the first Democratic candidates debate Thursday. His guest,
Saturday Night Live
cast member Kate McKinnon, immediately rose to the occasion, offering an impression of the author and spiritual...
Best Lines From Night 2
of Democratic Debates
Jun 28, 2019 6:29 AM CDT
Best Lines From Night 2 of Democratic Debates
'I'm going to harness love for political purposes'
- For the second night in a row, 10 Democratic presidential candidates took to the stage in Miami, debating issues including guns, abortion, and immigration. Many pundits said Sen. Kamala Harris, who clashed with Joe Biden on racial issues, had the best night on Thursday. Some of the best lines:
Takeaways From Round 2
of Democratic Debates
Jun 28, 2019 2:15 AM CDT
Takeaways From Round 2 of Democratic Debates
Kamala Harris 'stole the show'
- Rep. Eric Swalwell urged Joe Biden to "pass the torch" during Thursday night's Democratic debate—but if there was anyone who took momentum from the frontrunner, it was Sen. Kamala Harris. She "stole the show" during the 10-candidate debate in Miami by challenging Biden on his record...
Popular on Newser
'Holy Cow. Plants Actually Grow in Lunar Stuff'
Liz Cheney Unloads on House Leaders After Shooting
Bette Midler's Advice on the Formula Shortage Goes Over Poorly
Ted Cruz Scores a Victory Before the Supreme Court
Ukraine War Apparently Not Going Russia's Way
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.