Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Top SEAL Who Clashed
With Trump Has News
Feb 5, 2020 3:04 PM CST
Top SEAL Who Clashed With Trump Has News
Special Warfare Rear Adm. Collin Green says he's stepping down in September
- About two months after clashing with President Trump, the head of the Navy SEALs is stepping down. Special Warfare Rear Adm. Collin Green has announced his plan to retire in September, a year earlier than planned, after he tried to impose discipline on a SEAL whose behavior became a hot-button...
With Corpse Now
Jan 2, 2020 5:00 PM CST
Navy SEAL Who Posed With Corpse Now Hawking T-Shirts
Eddie Gallagher launches a lifestyle brand
- Some have called him "toxic" and "evil" ; others have hailed him as an American hero. If you're on the latter side, you'll probably be excited to read that retired Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher is out with his very own lifestyle brand . Gallagher was charged with war...
'Guy Was Toxic': Navy
SEALs Describe Gallagher
Dec 27, 2019 8:49 AM CST
'Guy Was Toxic': Navy SEALs Describe Gallagher
'New York Times' obtains investigative materials from Navy
New York Times
is out with a story documenting video interviews and texts by Navy SEALs who reported their platoon chief, Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher , for misconduct. Gallagher was accused of war crimes, though he was eventually cleared of all charges except posing with a prisoner's corpse....
by Navy Leader
on SEAL Case
Nov 25, 2019 2:13 PM CST
Defense Chief 'Flabbergasted' by Navy Leader on SEAL Case
Mark Esper also confirms that Trump ordered him to protect SEAL Edward Gallagher
- The saga of the newly ousted Navy commander and a Navy SEAL continues to unfold. On Monday, defense chief Mark Esper revealed that President Trump ordered him to make sure Edward Gallagher was allowed to retire as a SEAL with full benefits, reports the Hill . "I spoke with the...
Ousted Navy Secretary
Pens Final Letter to Trump
Nov 25, 2019 10:25 AM CST
Ousted Navy Secretary Pens Final Letter to Trump
Richard Spencer says he and president disagree on 'good order and discipline'
- Newly fired Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer is telling his side of the story in a final letter to President Trump. Spencer writes that he could not in "good conscience obey" Trump's order to back off on any further discipline of a Navy SEAL who'd been accused...
Navy Chief Stands in 'Open
Defiance' of the President
Nov 23, 2019 2:45 PM CST
Navy Chief Stands in 'Open Defiance' of the President
US Navy Secretary Richard Spencer wants review of Edward Gallagher to continue
- The battle over a tarnished Navy SEAL is heating up in Washington. On Friday, US Navy Secretary Richard Spencer lent his support to a pending Navy panel that will decide the military future of Edward Gallagher—despite President Trump's assertion that Gallagher remain a SEAL, Reuters reports. "I...
Navy: We're Dumping
Nov 21, 2019 10:30 AM CST
Navy: We're Dumping Controversial SEAL. Trump: Nope
President comes to Eddie Gallagher's rescue once more
- President Trump is again coming to the rescue of a Navy SEAL accused of war crimes before his conviction of posing with a dead ISIS captive in Iraq in 2017. "The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher's Trident Pin," Trump tweeted...
for Navy SEAL Who
Posed With Corpse
Oct 30, 2019 4:04 AM CDT
Punishment Eased for Navy SEAL Who Posed With Corpse
Edward Gallagher was not demoted to seaman recruit
- A Navy SEAL acquitted of murdering an ISIS captive but convicted of posing for photos with the man's corpse has had his sentence upheld—but with a much smaller punishment. Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher has been bumped down a rank, to petty officer first class, though since his...
Navy SEAL Chief
Jul 2, 2019 6:07 PM CDT
Navy SEAL Chief Acquitted of Murder
Edward Gallagher cleared of all charges except posing with dead body of captive
- A military jury acquitted a decorated Navy SEAL of premeditated murder Tuesday in the killing of a wounded Islamic State captive under his care in Iraq in 2017, the AP reports. Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher was cleared of all charges except for posing for photos with the dead body...
Navy SEAL With Immunity in
Murder Case May Be Charged
Jun 27, 2019 7:01 AM CDT
Navy SEAL With Immunity in Murder Case May Be Charged
Corey Scott may face perjury charges after claiming he killed an ISIS fighter
- At the court martial of Navy Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher last week, Special Operator First Class Corey Scott stunned a courtroom when, out of the blue, he announced he, not Gallagher, was the one who'd killed a captured young ISIS fighter in Iraq in 2017. Now, Scott may...
Trial Witness: Navy SEAL
Chief Didn't Kill Captive—I Did
Jun 21, 2019 6:42 AM CDT
Trial Witness: Navy SEAL Chief Didn't Kill Captive—I Did
Prosecutors don't buy argument from medic
- A Navy SEAL medic said at a court martial Thursday that it was he who killed a captured ISIS fighter in Iraq in 2017—not Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher, who is accused of the murder . After Gallagher stabbed the teen, causing what Special Operator First Class Corey Scott testified...
Prosecutor Abruptly Pulled
From Navy SEAL's Murder Case
Jun 4, 2019 3:16 AM CDT
Prosecutor Abruptly Pulled From Navy SEAL's Murder Case
He was accused of spying on defense lawyers
- A military judge took the rare step Monday to remove a prosecutor accused of misconduct from the war crimes case of a decorated Navy SEAL. Capt. Aaron Rugh ordered the lead prosecutor removed from the case of Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher after defense lawyers accused the prosecution of spying...
He Also Did
the 'Bad Thing'
May 27, 2019 2:33 PM CDT
Lawmaker Says He Also Did the 'Bad Thing' Gallagher Did
Duncan Hunter was deployed to Iraq, Afghanistan
- Rep. Duncan Hunter has argued for pardoning Navy SEAL chief Edward Gallagher, who faces charges including murder for a stabbing death in Iraq in 2017. Hunter added a new defense of Gallagher at an event Saturday in California. "Eddie did one bad thing that I’m guilty of too—...
at Pardons for
May 19, 2019 8:43 AM CDT
Trump Looks at Pardons for War Criminals
White House prepares for announcement around Memorial Day
- White House officials have begun the process for issuing presidential pardons for several members of the military accused or convicted of war crimes. Among them is Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL charged with shooting unarmed civilians and killing a captive while deployed in Iraq, the
New York Times
Troubling Details Emerge
in Hearing of Navy SEAL
Nov 16, 2018 5:28 PM CST
Troubling Details Emerge in Hearing of Navy SEAL
Edward Gallagher is accused of brutal war crimes
- Two portraits of Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher are emerging. In one, the highly decorated Navy SEAL is a coolheaded leader, medic, and sniper, who as his wife tells the
New York Times
, “is that guy who runs into the burning building when other people are running out.”...
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
Singer's Decision to Catch COVID on Purpose Kills Her
She Died on African Hunting Trip. 5 Years Later, Husband Is Arrested
Killer Pardoned by Governor Sentenced Again in Same Crime
Experts Say Anne Frank Bombshell Is 'Full of Errors'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.