Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting
NRA Incensed Over Move
by San Francisco
Sep 5, 2019 7:20 AM CDT
NRA Incensed Over Move by San Francisco
City's board of supervisors labels group a 'domestic terrorist organization'
- The NRA has plenty of critics, but San Francisco's board of supervisors just one-upped them all. The board on Tuesday unanimously approved a resolution labeling the gun rights group a "domestic terrorist organization," reports the BBC . The measure cites the recent mass shootings in the US—including...
FBI: Gilroy Shooter
Had 'Target List'
Aug 6, 2019 4:02 PM CDT
FBI: Gilroy Shooter Had 'Target List'
Agency opens domestic terrorism investigation
- The motive of the Gilroy Garlic Festival gunman remains unknown, but the FBI announced Tuesday it is opening a domestic terrorism investigation into the shooting that left three dead and 13 injured; the shooter also killed himself as police closed in . The 19-year-old gunman did not leave behind a manifesto,...
Cops Thought They
Killed Garlic Fest
Aug 3, 2019 7:30 AM CDT
Cops Thought They Killed Garlic Fest Gunman. Coroner Says Otherwise
Santino William Legan took his own life, medical examiner finds
- The gunman who killed three young people at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in Northern California on Sunday wasn't killed by police, as originally reported. That from the Santa Clara County medical examiner, who now says that 19-year-old Santino William Legan killed himself, the
Los Angeles Times
reports. Legan died...
FBI: Garlic Festival Gunman
Was 'Kind of a Loner'
Jul 31, 2019 3:45 AM CDT
FBI: Garlic Festival Gunman Was 'Kind of a Loner'
Police now believe Legan acted alone
- After days of searching for evidence of a second suspect, police now believe that the gunman who killed three people and wounded a dozen others at the Gilroy Garlic Festival on Sunday acted alone. Santino William Legan "was not with anybody else. That is sort of supporting the thought...
A Final Wish Granted for
Teen Killed at Garlic Fest
Jul 30, 2019 9:30 AM CDT
A Final Wish Granted for Teen Killed at Garlic Fest
Keyla Salazar's family to get puppy
- A 13-year-old girl killed in Sunday's mass shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in northern California may have inadvertently saved a relative. Keyla Salazar was eating ice cream with her mother, stepfather, two younger sisters, and other family members when they realized they were hearing gunshots, not fireworks. Family...
Garlic Fest Singer Says
He Heard Shooter Speak
Jul 29, 2019 3:02 PM CDT
Garlic Fest Singer Says He Heard Shooter Speak
As the father of a murdered 6-year-old shares wrenching words
- Six-year-old Stephen Romero has been identified as one of the three people killed by a gunman Sunday at the Gilroy Garlic Festival . His father spoke to NBC Bay Area , and his words are heart-piercing: "There’s nothing I really can do besides try to be with him until I...
Popular on Newser
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.