Some of the lines drawing attention from Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton's third and final debate. (The Washington Post has a transcript here):
- Puppets: In a discussion of Vladimir Putin, Trump said Putin would respect him more. "That's because he'd rather have a puppet as a president," said Clinton. "You're the puppet," said Trump.
- Clinton: "Donald thinks belittling women makes him bigger." (Exchange here.)
- Trump: "I'll keep you in suspense." (On whether he'll accept election results if he loses. Exchange here.)
- Clinton: “He didn’t even raise it. He choked." Referring to the border wall and Trump's visit to Mexico.
- Trump: "Such a nasty woman." After Clinton ribbed him about dodging taxes.
- Trump: "We have some bad hombres here, and we're going to get them out." (On immigration.)
- Clinton: "I think that is an idea that is not in keeping with who we are as a nation. I think it's an idea that would rip our country apart." (On mass deportations.)
- Late-term abortion: “If you go with what Hillary is saying, you can take the baby and rip the baby out of the womb of the mother just prior to the birth of the baby." Clinton responded: "That's not what happens in these cases. And using that kind of scare tactic is just terribly unfortunate."
- Trump: “I'll tell you what isn't fictionalized is her emails where she destroyed 30,000 emails criminally after getting a subpoena from the United States Congress."
- Clinton: “I'd be happy to compare what we do with the Trump Foundation which took money from other people and bought a six-foot portrait of Donald. I mean, who does that?”
- Trump: "Should have gotten it." Referring to an Emmy for The Apprentice.
- Clinton: "I would hope that the Senate would do its job and confirm the nominee that President Obama has sent to them."
(Read more presidential debate