Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Los Angeles International Airport
Stories 1 - 20 |
Collide at LAX
Feb 11, 2023 2:35 PM CST
Plane, Bus Collide at LAX
American airliner, which held no passengers, was being towed on LA taxiway
- An airliner being towed on a taxiway at Los Angeles International Airport collided with a shuttle bus on Friday night, injuring five people. The bus was carrying passengers, but the American Airlines Airbus A321 wasn't, the
New York Times
reports. The bus was carrying passengers between terminals, while the...
Guy Who Jumped Out of
Plane at LAX Hears His Fate
Jan 27, 2022 10:30 AM CST
Guy Who Jumped Out of Plane at LAX Hears His Fate
Mexican national Luis Armando Victoria Dominguez will see 18 months behind bars in federal prison
A Mexican national who jumped out of a plane at Los Angeles International Airport last summer has found out the consequences of his actions. KTLA reports that a judge on Wednesday sentenced Luis Armando Victoria Dominguez, 34, to 18 months in federal prison for the incident in June, in...
Pilot at LAX: 'We Believe There
Is a Shooter in the Terminal'
Oct 29, 2021 8:19 AM CDT
Pilot at LAX: 'We Believe There Is a Shooter in the Terminal'
Airport says hundreds of passengers fled terminal to airfield
- Hundreds of passengers at Los Angeles International Airport fled to the tarmac Thursday evening after reports of an active shooter caused chaos in Terminal 1. CBS Los Angeles reports that there was a "stampede of terrified travelers" around 7:30pm after a man breached security following an argument outside...
'Jet Pack Man' May Have
Resurfaced Near LAX
Jul 30, 2021 7:20 AM CDT
'Jet Pack Man' May Have Resurfaced Near LAX
Pilot reported possible sighting Wednesday
- "Use caution, the jet man is back," an air traffic controller at Los Angeles International Airport warned pilots in a recording obtained by CNN after a possible appearance of the mysterious figure first sighted near the airport last fall. The FAA says the pilot of a cargo Boeing...
As Gold Bars Arrived at LAX,
Workers Allegedly Got Greedy
May 26, 2021 8:50 AM CDT
As Gold Bars Arrived at LAX, Workers Allegedly Got Greedy
2 cargo handlers charged with stealing gold worth $224K
- The theft of four gold bars from a shipment sent to Los Angeles International Airport could send two cargo handlers to prison for up to 15 years. South Los Angeles residents Marlon Moody, 38, and Brian Benson, 35, were arrested Tuesday by the FBI on charges of conspiracy and theft...
TSA Agent Jailed
for Making Woman
Jan 25, 2021 6:49 AM CST
TSA Agent Jailed for Making Woman Show Breasts
TSA agent Johnathon Lomeli sentenced to 60 days in jail for LAX stunt in June 2019
- A former Transportation Security Administration agent who was accused of tricking a traveler into showing her breasts as she went through security at Los Angeles International Airport pleaded no contest Friday to false imprisonment, authorities said. Johnathon Lomeli entered the plea to a felony count and was sentenced to 60...
Pilot Reports Man in Jetpack
More Than 1 Mile Above LA
Oct 15, 2020 8:28 AM CDT
Pilot Reports Man in Jetpack More Than 1 Mile Above LA
'We just saw a flying object like a flying suit that’s passing by us'
- Something strange has been happening in the skies over Los Angeles. For the second time in six weeks, commercial pilots have reported seeing a person in a jetpack high above the city. In the latest incident, air traffic controllers warned Wednesday that a pilot preparing to land had seen somebody...
Jet Pack Sighted
3K Feet Over LA
Sep 2, 2020 6:57 AM CDT
Jet Pack Sighted 3K Feet Over LA
2 pilots reported seeing man flying one
- "We just passed a guy in a jet pack." Those were the words from an American Airlines pilot approaching Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday night, and they have prompted an investigation. Another pilot also reported seeing a man in a jet pack at 3,000 feet; the...
Feb 7, 2020 2:15 PM CST
Traveler: TSA Agent Conducted Very Peculiar 'Screening'
Johnathon Lomeli, accused of tricking woman into baring her breasts, is fired
- If a Transportation Security Administration agent asks you to lift up your shirt in an airport elevator, he's probably not following screening protocol. One woman found that out the hard way, and now an ex-TSA agent is facing legal repercussions. Per a criminal complaint cited by the AP , 22-year-old...
Flight Ever to Hawaii
Feb 2, 2019 8:00 AM CST
Passengers Experience Most Disappointing Flight Ever to Hawaii
Flight 33 was forced to return to LAX 3 times before the flight was just canceled
- You know that feeling when you start your vacation and you just really, really want to get to your destination? Try to imagine, then, how passengers on Hawaiian Airlines Flight 33 felt Friday, when their plane from Los Angeles International Airport, bound for Maui, took off a total of three...
4 Hours Into Flight,
Plane Does a U-Turn
Dec 27, 2017 2:01 AM CST
4 Hours Into Flight, Plane Does a U-Turn
Unauthorized passenger was supposed to be on different flight
- A plane heading from Los Angeles to Tokyo turned back because an unauthorized person was on board. All Nippon Airways Flight 175 left Los Angeles International Airport around 11:30am Tuesday, but it never arrived at Tokyo's Narita International Airport, KABC reports. Model Chrissy Teigen, who was on the...
New LAX Offering Allows
the Rich to Avoid the Riff-Raff
May 20, 2017 11:20 AM CDT
New LAX Offering Allows the Rich to Avoid the Riff-Raff
High-end private terminal opens, but access doesn't come cheap
- "First class is what's wrong," complained Renee Zellweger in
Jerry Maguire .
"It used to be a better meal, now it's a better life." Life just got a little better for A-listers currently forced to mingle with the riffraff at Los Angeles International Airport: The...
Mar 4, 2017 12:41 PM CST
One Direction's Louis Tomlinson Arrested in Airport Scuffle
A paparazzi photographer made a citizen's arrest in Los Angeles
- One Direction star Louis Tomlinson has been arrested for allegedly attacking a photographer at Los Angeles International Airport, an incident the singer's lawyer described as "provoked" by paparazzi. The AP reports the incident happened Friday after Tomlinson, arriving on a flight with his girlfriend, Eleanor Calder, asked a...
How a Major US
Jan 20, 2017 2:35 AM CST
How a Major US Airport Has Become an Intel Jewel
LAX counterterrorism unit's capabilities could 'rival agencies of small nation-state': 'Atlantic'
- A suicide car bombing killing dozens hasn't ever hit LA's airport, and if Anthony McGinty and Michelle Sosa have anything to do with it, it never will. In the
, Geoff Manaugh tells the story of McGinty (a Marine vet who looks like JK Simmons) and Sosa (a...
Nov 2, 2016 6:29 PM CDT
News Anchor Arrested for Allegedly Stealing Cop's Headphones
While going through airport security, no less
- A Los Angeles news anchor was arrested Wednesday for allegedly stealing expensive headphones from a cop while going through an airport security line. The
Los Angeles Times
reports a passenger was going through the security line at Los Angeles International Airport when she noticed her headphones were missing. TMZ notes...
for Alleged Gun
in Carry-On Bag
Oct 13, 2016 6:48 PM CDT
Coolio Faces Felony Charge for Alleged Gun in Carry-On Bag
He's been charged with felony possession of a firearm by a felon
- Authorities say Coolio has been charged with a felony after a gun was found in a backpack at Los Angeles International Airport, the AP reports. The rapper, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr., was charged Thursday with one felony count of possession of a firearm by a felon....
Person in Zorro
Aug 29, 2016 1:22 AM CDT
Person in Zorro Getup Detained During LAX 'Gunshots' Panic
But it's not clear if 'Zorro' incident was related to 'gunshots'—and reports of gunfire turned out to be false
- Reports of a gunman opening fire that turned out to be false caused panicked evacuations at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday night, while flights to and from the airport saw major delays, the AP reports. A search through terminals brought no evidence of a gunman or shots fired, LAPD...
Man Caught Trying to Smuggle
450 Pork Tamales Into US
Nov 18, 2015 5:40 PM CST
Man Caught Trying to Smuggle 450 Pork Tamales Into US
A delicious traditional treat, but banned nonetheless
- The contraband was carefully wrapped in corn husks and concealed in the luggage of a traveler when authorities moved in for a tamale takedown at Los Angeles International Airport. The search by US Customs and Border Protection agents turned up 450 pork tamales individually packaged in plastic bags. "Although...
$5 Bottled Water
Spurs Airport Lawsuit
Mar 10, 2015 11:02 AM CDT
$5 Bottled Water Spurs Airport Lawsuit
High-end boutique accuses retail group of gouging at LAX
- Consumers fed up with the eye-watering price of bottled water in airports have an unlikely champion: Kitson Stores, an LA-based boutique retailer where T-shirts can cost $300. Kitson is in a contract dispute with Hudson Group—which operates dozens of stores at Los Angeles International Airport and hundreds more at...
Stopped at LAX
Jul 15, 2014 4:33 AM CDT
Dozens of Giant Snails Stopped at LAX
Invasive species was labeled as food
- A slow-moving Nigerian delicacy was stopped at Los Angeles International Airport when 67 giant land snails were discovered packed in picnic baskets, authorities said yesterday. The live African snails—which can grow to be 8 inches long, 5 inches wide, and live to be 10 years old—arrived with paperwork...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Appeals Court Delivers Its Decision to Jussie Smollett
Another of Italy's 'Leaning' Towers May Be in Trouble
Doritos Caters to Gamers With Crunch-Silencing App
One Group of Creatives Has Stellar Mental Health
Cops Warn About New iPhone Feature, Experts Say to Chill
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.