Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
What Critics Are
Saying About Sia's
Feb 11, 2021 7:24 AM CST
What Critics Are Saying About Sia's Controversial New Film
'Music,' about a teen girl on the autism spectrum, is getting widely panned
- It's been a tumultuous few months for Sia Furler, whose new film,
, officially comes out Friday amid a good amount of controversy. Furler's directorial debut—about a newly sober drug dealer named Zu (played by Kate Hudson) who suddenly finds herself the caretaker of her teen half-sister...
Sia: I'm Now a
Grandmother at 44
Jul 1, 2020 12:49 PM CDT
Sia: I'm Now a Grandmother at 44
Adopted son 'just had two babies,' singer says
- Less than six weeks after revealing that she is a mother , singer Sia has disclosed that she is now also a grandmother. In an appearance on Zane Lowe's Apple Music show Tuesday, the 44-year-old Australian said the younger of the two teenage sons she adopted last year "just...
Sia's Big Reveal:
She's a Mom of 2
May 20, 2020 12:01 PM CDT
Sia's Big Reveal: She's a Mom of 2
Australian singer says she adopted teen boys last year
- Sia is a woman of constant surprises , and she's got a new one for us. Per
, the 44-year-old Australian singer (full name Sia Furler) appeared Tuesday on SiriusXM's
The Morning Mash Up
program , and when she was asked if she'd adopted a son, the famously...
She Looked Like Any Other
Walmart Shopper. She Wasn't
Nov 30, 2019 7:30 AM CST
She Looked Like Any Other Walmart Shopper. She Wasn't
A dressed-down Sia made the rounds in Palm Springs, Calif., paying for others' groceries
- When Sia goes "undercover" for an act of generosity, she takes her disguises off. The 43-year-old singer, known for donning face-covering wigs, was spotted Wednesday in a Walmart in Palm Springs, Calif., fresh-faced and free with her wallet, with KESQ reporting she apparently picked up the tab for multiple...
Sia Reveals She Has
Oct 5, 2019 6:30 AM CDT
Sia Reveals She Has 'Demoralizing' Disease
Singer says she has Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a genetic illness leaving her in 'chronic pain'
- Sia Furler, the reclusive singer known for performing without even her face showing , has just given fans an unusually forthcoming look into some personal news, via what E! News calls a "heartfelt message" online. In a tweet Friday afternoon, the 43-year-old announced she's been living in "chronic...
Sia Fights Back Against Naked
Pics by ... Posting Naked Pic
Nov 7, 2017 7:37 AM CST
Sia Fights Back Against Naked Pics by ... Posting Naked Pic
'Save your money, here it is for free'
- Sia is offering a holiday gift that's one part diss and one part whip-smart self-promotion: a picture of herself in her birthday suit. The 41-year-old singer released the combination preemptive strike/album promotion after she found out someone was trying to sell naked photos of her,
reports, said to...
Sia for Lame Show
Aug 16, 2016 12:39 PM CDT
Concertgoers Sue Sia for Lame Show
Tel Aviv concert that cost $90 per ticket lasted just 65 minutes
- Sia may hide behind her fake bangs when she's performing, but her coif likely won't shield her from the $2.1 million class-action lawsuit just filed against her and an Israeli production company. Disgruntled concertgoers who forked over around $90 for tickets to the Australian singer's Aug....
Jan 10, 2008 12:13 PM CST
First album from songstress in 4 years is a winner
- Folk and acid-jazz queen Sia Furler has returned with her first record in four years, and critics are singing the praises of
Some People Have Real Problems
New York Sun
’s Bret McCabe pokes fun at Furler for signing with the Starbucks label—provenance of “laid-back background music...
Popular on Newser
Biden Makes Big Announcement on UAW Strike
Missing Star Wars Relic Turns Up in a Garage
UCLA Pauses Dorm Project Over 'Worrisome' Room Size
She Has Learned What a Fatal Overdose Sounds Like
Cops Drew Their Guns. They Didn't Expect What Came Next
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.