Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Apr 24, 2015 5:57 AM CDT
Experts: Obama's 'Deadly Mistakes' Probably Legal
Weinstein's congressman slams 'sobering' drone failure
- The accidental killing of two Western hostages in a drone strike was what President Obama calls a "deadly mistake"—and despite protests from the ACLU and others, it appears to have been a legal one, experts say. "I don't initially see legal problems," an assistant...
Jihadi Site Issues 40-Name,
American-Heavy Hit List
Jun 17, 2011 6:14 AM CDT
Jihadi Site Issues 40-Name, American-Heavy Hit List
Prominent US targets in industry, military, media named
- A jihadi website closely linked to al-Qaeda has posted a hit list of 40 prominent people, mostly Americans. Those named include a congressman, a conservative pundit, Pentagon officials, and American businessmen whose company helps produce drones, reports ABC News . The site includes photographs and biographical information, and suggests followers send...
Who's Left on World's
Most Wanted List?
with mladic captured...
May 26, 2011 2:36 PM CDT
Who's Left on World's Most Wanted List?
Sudanese president, al-Qaeda deputy make the cut
- Osama bin Laden is dead. Ratko Mladic was captured in Serbia today, striking another name from the world's most wanted list. So who's left? AP takes a look at the war criminals and terrorists still out of reach:
The president of Sudan is wanted for crimes
Rips 'Snake Obama'
Jun 21, 2010 3:59 AM CDT
Al-Qaeda Yank Rips 'Snake Obama'
Gadahn skewers 'declining empire' of his homeland
- America's homegrown al-Qaeda spokesman blasts "snakelike" Barack Obama in his latest video posted on Islamic web sites. Turbanned Adam Gadahn, born and and raised on the West Coast as Adam Pearlman, rips US "aggression and interference" in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia, and accuses the nation of running...
Mar 8, 2010 5:00 AM CST
American Arrested in Pakistan
Officials now say they haven't detained Adam Gadahn
- The American militant arrested in Pakistan yesterday is not Adam Gadahn, as previously reported by Pakistani intelligence officials. "Our initial impression was that the guy was Gadahn but that information now looks incorrect," an official told Reuters . Both the al-Qaeda spokesman and the detained American have been known...
Pakistan: We Nabbed
US-Born al-Qaeda Honcho
Mar 7, 2010 12:35 PM CST
Pakistan: We Nabbed US-Born al-Qaeda Honcho
Adam Gadahn had released video praising Fort Hood shooter
- Pakistani intelligence officers say they have arrested Adam Gadahn, the American-born spokesman for al-Qaeda who was featured in a 25-minute video posted today calling for Muslim members of the armed services to carry out Fort Hood-style attacks. Speaking on condition of anonymity, two officers and a government official say Gadahn...
Honcho: Ft. Hood
Attack a 'Model'
Mar 7, 2010 11:56 AM CST
US-Born al-Qaeda Honcho: Ft. Hood Attack a 'Model'
Calls for more Muslims in military to strike Western targets
- Al-Qaeda's American-born spokesman today called on Muslims serving in the US armed forces to emulate the Army major charged with killing 13 people in Fort Hood. In a 25-minute video posted on militant websites, Adam Gadahn described Maj. Nidal Hasan as "the ideal role-model for every repentant Muslim in...
to Our Innocent Victims
Dec 12, 2009 2:30 PM CST
Al-Qaeda: 'Condolences' to Our Innocent Victims
Group usually doesn't acknowledge those mistakenly killed
- Al-Qaeda shows its kinder, gentler side in a new video offering condolences to innocent victims of its own attacks. In the 17-minute video, the man known as Azzam the American makes the unusual move of offering the group's "condolences" to "the unintended Muslim victims of the mujahedeen's operations...
American Al-Qaeda Returns
May 30, 2007 7:07 AM CDT
American Al-Qaeda Returns
Zealous convert repeats old demands, threatens to top 9/11 and Va. Tech
- Accused terrorist and viral Internet star Adam Gadahn resurfaced yesterday in a new video communique as "Azzam the American." Gadahn, 28, a California native who has become a major Al-Qaeda mouthpiece, appeared in widescreen format to promise that the group will continue its "defensive jihad" unless American...
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Nikki Haley Just Scored a Major Endorsement
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.