Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Multiple People Now 'on the
Radar' in JonBenet Case
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 30, 2023 6:30 AM CDT
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Cops in Colorado say they're looking into 'new persons of interest' in 1996 murder of 6-year-old
- It's been 27 years since 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was found murdered over the Christmas holiday in her Colorado home, with most of the leads on who killed her having gone cold over time. Now, however, Boulder police suggest they may be making advances on that front. "There are...
Murder of JonBenet Ramsey
to Get a Fresh Look
Nov 10, 2022 10:15 AM CST
Murder of JonBenet Ramsey to Get a Fresh Look
Colorado Bureau of Investigation team to take up the cold case in 2023
- The Colorado Bureau of Investigation will take a fresh look at the unsolved murder of JonBenet Ramsey next year. The CBI's Cold Case Review Team—a group of "investigative, analytical, and forensic experts from across the state" who meet two to four times a year—will take up...
Police Have Gotten 21K Tips
in JonBenet Ramsey Case
Dec 26, 2021 9:30 AM CST
Police Have Gotten 21K Tips in JonBenet Ramsey Case
Police now looking at 'genetic DNA testing'
- Twenty-five years after JonBenet Ramsey was killed, police say they are looking at "genetic DNA testing" to see if it can be used to help solve the case. The 6-year-old was found dead in the basement of her family’s Boulder home on Dec. 26, 1996, bludgeoned and strangled,...
Sorry About 'Not
at All Funny'
Jul 30, 2019 3:04 AM CDT
Ariana Grande Sorry About 'Not at All Funny' JonBenet Joke
Singer apologizes after commenting on friend's Instagram post
- Ariana Grande is facing backlash after making an ill-advised joke about a murdered child. As Page Six and Fox News explain, the controversy started when Grande's friend Doug Middlebrook posted a since-deleted Instagram photo of a tabloid featuring JonBenet Ramsey, who was murdered at age 6, with the caption:...
Disturbing Charges Against
a JonBenet Photographer
Jul 12, 2019 12:25 PM CDT
Disturbing Charges Against a JonBenet Photographer
Randall Simons accused of downloading images via an Oregon restaurant's WiFi
- The charges themselves are disturbing enough, but the connection to JonBenet Ramsey makes them all the worse. A 66-year-old Oregon photographer known for taking images of JonBenet in the months before her 1996 murder has been arrested on child pornography charges, reports KEPR . Police in Springfield say Randall Simons downloaded...
Police Say JonBenet
Confession Is Nothing New
Jan 11, 2019 3:32 AM CST
Police Say JonBenet Confession Is Nothing New
Gary Oliva has confessed before, they say
- A convicted pedophile's alleged confession isn't a major breakthrough in the JonBenet Ramsey case, police in Colorado said in response to a report in the
Daily Mail .
The British newspaper reported that Gary Oliva, an early suspect in the 1996 killing of the Boulder 6-year-old, confessed in letters...
JonBenet Ramsey Case
Expert Shot Outside Office
Jun 2, 2018 10:00 AM CDT
JonBenet Ramsey Case Expert Shot Outside Office
Police don't yet know if the killing of Dr. Steven Pitt was connected to his work
- A forensic psychiatrist who assisted in the investigations into the 1996 death of JonBenet Ramsey in Colorado and a string of killings in Phoenix more than a decade ago was fatally shot outside his Arizona office, reports the AP . Witnesses heard a loud argument and gunfire Thursday outside Dr. Steven...
$750M Suit JonBenet's Brother
Filed Against CBS Advances
Jan 6, 2018 6:00 AM CST
$750M Suit JonBenet's Brother Filed Against CBS Advances
Judge refuses to dismiss it
- A judge declined to dismiss a $750 million defamation lawsuit filed against CBS by JonBenet Ramsey's brother. The
Boulder Daily Camera
reports a circuit court judge in Michigan on Friday denied a motion by CBS and other defendants who asked that he toss the case. Burke Ramsey sued CBS...
A 'New Take' on
Coming to Netflix
Jan 5, 2017 9:21 AM CST
A 'New Take' on JonBenet Case Coming to Netflix
'Casting JonBenet' will premiere at Sundance, then head to theaters, Netflix
- Interest in the JonBenet Ramsey case was resurrected with the 20th anniversary of the 6-year-old's December 1996 death, and now Netflix is joining the revival. Per
, the company has acquired the rights to
, a documentary by Kitty Green set to debut at the Sundance Film Festival...
Brother Sues CBS for
Pointing Finger at Him
Dec 28, 2016 5:39 PM CST
JonBenet Ramsey's Brother Sues CBS for Pointing Finger at Him
Defamation lawsuit says CBS special ignored heaps of evidence
- Burke Ramsey is suing CBS over its attention-getting special about his sister's murder ,
The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey
, Dan Abrams' LawNewz reports. "CBS perpetrated a fraud upon the public," the defamation lawsuit states, accusing CBS of failing to do its own new investigation and instead relying on...
JonBenet Grand Juror:
I've Seen Secret Evidence
Dec 16, 2016 6:41 AM CST
JonBenet Grand Juror: I've Seen Secret Evidence
Juror suggests it points to beauty queen's killer
- The parade of JonBenet Ramsey-focused TV specials beats on, now with a
special airing Friday. A press release on the hour-long show zeroes in on two of the handful of people who sat for interviews: First, a member of the grand jury that voted to indict John and Patsy...
JonBenet Ramsey Case
Takes Another New Turn
Dec 14, 2016 6:40 AM CST
JonBenet Ramsey Case Takes Another New Turn
State plans to conduct sophisticated DNA tests on clothing
- The 20th anniversary of JonBenet Ramsey's murder has led to all kinds of renewed speculation about the case, but now comes an actual development in the criminal investigation: The state plans to conduct new DNA tests on the panties and long johns the 6-year-old was wearing when she was...
DNA Analysis Raises
New JonBenet Questions
Oct 29, 2016 8:53 AM CDT
DNA Analysis Raises New JonBenet Questions
DA's decision to exonerate family is questioned
- After just short of 20 years, the murder of JonBenet Ramsey is as much of a mystery as ever—especially in light of a new examination of DNA evidence. A joint investigation by the Boulder
and 9News calls into question former District Attorney Mary Lacy's decision to...
JonBenet's Brother Files
$150M Suit Against Pathologist
Oct 11, 2016 12:21 AM CDT
JonBenet's Brother Files $150M Suit Against Pathologist
Werner Spitz accused Burke Ramsey of killing his sister
- When CBS convened a panel to re-investigate the murder of JonBenet Ramsey 20 years after the fact, forensic pathologist Werner Spitz could not have been more clear in his assessment: "It's the boy who did it," he said , referring to JonBenet's older brother, Burke. Now, Burke...
JonBenet's Family Livid,
Vows to Sue 'Disgusting' CBS
Sep 21, 2016 6:03 AM CDT
JonBenet's Family Livid, Vows to Sue 'Disgusting' CBS
Says report concluding Burke killed JonBenet was full of 'lies, misrepresentations'
- It was a "false and unprofessional television attack" full of "lies, misrepresentations, distortions, and omissions." That's how a lawyer for the family of JonBenet Ramsey sums up a "disgusting and revolting" CBS documentary and its panel's conclusion that Burke Ramsey likely killed his sister...
CBS Panel: Burke Ramsey
Killed Sister JonBenet
Sep 20, 2016 6:21 AM CDT
CBS Panel: Burke Ramsey Killed Sister JonBenet
Investigators say parents John and Patsy then covered it up
- A team of investigators who pored over evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey murder 20 years after the fact presented its conclusion Monday night: Brother Burke Ramsay did it. The scenario laid out by the panel: Burke, who was just a shade under 10 at the time, hit his sister in...
911 Dispatcher: Something
Off in JonBenet 911 Call
Sep 19, 2016 3:55 PM CDT
911 Dispatcher: Something Off in JonBenet 911 Call
She says the whole thing seemed 'rehearsed'
- When Patsy Ramsey called 911 to report her daughter, JonBenet, missing, 911 operator Kim Archuleta took the call. In a new interview with CBS for Sunday night's
The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey
premiere, Archuleta revealed that after Patsy had apparently hung up the phone, she could still hear people...
JonBenet's 'Socially Awkward'
Brother Breaks His Silence
Sep 13, 2016 12:21 AM CDT
JonBenet's 'Socially Awkward' Brother Breaks His Silence
Burke Ramsey gives first-ever interview to Dr. Phil McGraw
- JonBenet Ramsey's brother, Burke, has given his first-ever interview to Dr. Phil McGraw; the first segment aired Monday , and it will continue airing Tuesday and next Monday. Burke, 29 and now a computer security analyst, was 9 when his 6-year-old sister was murdered in 1996, and he says his...
In Old Interview, JonBenet's
Brother Recalls Day of Killing
Sep 7, 2016 5:33 AM CDT
In Old Interview, JonBenet's Brother Recalls Day of Killing
A&E documentary includes police interview with Burke
- A&E kicked off what
calls "television's most anticipated true-crime event of the season" with its documentary re-examining JonBenet Ramsey's murder as the 20th anniversary of her death approaches. One new bit was a never-before-seen police interview with brother Burke from 1998, two years after...
After 20 Years,
to Break Silence
Aug 2, 2016 6:13 AM CDT
After 20 Years, JonBenet's Brother to Break Silence
'Dr. Phil Show' says he has 'shocking' details
Dr. Phil Show
says "never-before-heard details" about the JonBenet Ramsey murder will be aired this fall when her brother speaks to the press for the first time. Burke Ramsey, who was 9 years old when his younger sister was found beaten and strangled to death in their Boulder,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Former WWE Star Sentenced to 17 Years After Fatal DUI Crash
Google Maps: We're Going to Scrap That Desert Detour
Awards Season Kicks Off With De Niro Going Off-Script
Dolly Parton's Sister Has a NSFW Message for Critics
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.