Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
New Cuomo Accusation
Referred to Police
Mar 11, 2021 5:05 PM CST
New Cuomo Accusation Referred to Police
There could be a crime involved, Albany department says
- City police in Albany, home of the New York governor's mansion, say they've been alerted to the latest accusation against Gov. Mario Cuomo because a crime might have been committed. The department said it was contacted by state police and the governor's office Wednesday night, after the...
New York to Seize Ventilators
to Help Swamped Hospitals
Apr 3, 2020 2:40 PM CDT
New York to Seize Ventilators to Help Swamped Hospitals
Cuomo orders National Guard to move equipment to places with the greatest need
- New York will begin sending the National Guard into hospitals and other places in the state to seize ventilators and take them where they're needed more. Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the executive order Friday, the Hill reports. He said some hospitals don't have many COVID-19 cases and have...
Jan 2, 2015 3:25 PM CST
Cuomo Didn't Like Label of 'Liberal'
He liked 'pragmatic progressive' instead
- The late Mario Cuomo is being called a "liberal icon" (
), a "liberal beacon" (the
New York Times
), and even a "liberal lion" ( MSNBC ), but in his appreciation at Capital New York , Terry Golway points out that Cuomo himself wasn't a...
A Giant of NY Politics:
Cuomo Tributes Pour In
Jan 2, 2015 4:30 AM CST
A Giant of NY Politics: Cuomo Tributes Pour In
'All who knew Mario Cuomo were better for it'
- Three-term New York Gov. Mario Cuomo died yesterday , just hours after his son Andrew was inaugurated for a second term as governor, and tributes have poured in from across the political spectrum for the Democrat who led the state from 1983 to 1994.
: "An Italian Catholic kid
Mario Cuomo Dead at 82
Jan 1, 2015 7:35 PM CST
Mario Cuomo Dead at 82
Former New York governor is father of current New York governor
- The elder Mario Cuomo—the former governor of New York who is father to the current Gov. Cuomo of New York—died today at age 82 at his Manhattan home. Some early snippets in his hometown press:
New York Times
: "Mario Cuomo, the three-term governor of New York who
C'Mon, Be a Man
LACKS 'COjONES' FOR DEBATE
Sep 20, 2010 1:52 PM CDT
Paladino to Cuomo: C'Mon, Be a Man
Tea Partier writes scathing letter to Democrat
- As love letters go, Andrew Cuomo's probably gotten better: Tea Partier Carl Paladino, recent upset winner of the GOP's gubernatorial nod, took the gloves off to write New York's attorney general a scathing note in which he invited "Dear Andrew" to "for the first time in your life...
3 Hookers in 1 Day
GOVERNORS' BUSY LIVES
Apr 15, 2010 8:54 AM CDT
3 Hookers in 1 Day for Spitzer: Tell-All
Oh no, you're certainly not done hearing about his sex scandal
- Just in time for Eliot Spitzer to attempt a comeback, all sorts of creepy allegations are coming out of a new tell-all. The latest: The luv guv once had three visits with three different prostitutes, all in the same day, the
New York Post
reports. “You must be Superman!...
Rules for Playing Hoops
With the President
Jan 13, 2009 4:37 PM CST
Rules for Playing Hoops With the President
- Barack Obama’s beloved basketball may be the most “accessible and democratic” of sports, but “the game will change once the oath of office is administered,” Andrew Stengel writes for the Huffington Post. “Unlike the checks and balances in our three branches of government, there may...
Hillary's Seat Ignites
Cuomo, Kennedy Rivalry
Dec 8, 2008 3:41 AM CST
Hillary's Seat Ignites Cuomo, Kennedy Rivalry
Messy war looms over Senate vacancy between powerhouse families
- The jockeying for the New York Senate seat vacated by Secretary of State-designate Hillary Clinton is aggravating long-simmering tensions between Democratic powerhouse families the Kennedys and the Cuomos, reports the
New York Daily News.
Ted Kennedy is already lobbying for niece Caroline to step into the vacancy. But New York...
Can, in Fact,
May 16, 2008 4:17 PM CDT
Eloquence Can, in Fact, Be Presidential
Those dismissing Obama's speaking skills miss a key point of the role of a president
- It’s a bit weird to defend something like eloquence, but that’s just the task to which the primary season has inspired Calvin Trillin, writing in the
Los Angeles Times
. Rivals and pundits alike dismiss Barack Obama’s eloquence as some kind of liability, whereas Trillin sees in the...
Popular on Newser
Schwarzenegger in Multi-Vehicle Accident
Centuries Ago, We Slept Much Differently
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
FBI: Laundrie Took Responsibility in His Notebook
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.