Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Ricki Lake Buzzes Her Hair
to Free Herself After 3 Decades
Jan 2, 2020 10:20 AM CST
Ricki Lake Buzzes Her Hair to Free Herself After 3 Decades
Actress has been struggling in silence with hair loss
- "It is a new year and new decade and a new me." So said Ricki Lake in New Year's Day Instagram and Facebook posts showing off her new hairdo: a buzz cut that, she says, left her "liberated and free." No, the 51-year-old actress didn'...
Ricki Lake Says Ex's Bipolar
Struggle Drove Him to Suicide
Mar 1, 2017 10:57 AM CST
Ricki Lake Says Ex's Bipolar Struggle Drove Him to Suicide
Christian Evans died last month, mental illness was 'just too much'
- Ricki Lake's ex-husband had a hard time owning his bipolar disorder. In fact, by the time he did, it was too late. Christian Evans, a jewelry designer who married the former talk show host in 2012, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on Feb. 11 . "Christian didn't...
Ricki Lake's 'Beloved Soulmate'
Dies After Mental Illness Battle
Feb 15, 2017 7:25 AM CST
Ricki Lake's 'Beloved Soulmate' Dies After Mental Illness Battle
Former talk-show host remembers ex-husband Christian Evans in Instagram post
- "The world didn't understand this man, but I did." That heartbreaking statement appeared on Ricki Lake's Instagram feed on Tuesday in which she announced the death of ex-husband Christian Evans, who Page Six reported died after struggling with mental illness. The 48-year-old former talk-show host, who...
Gets the Ax
Oct 29, 2012 5:35 PM CDT
Gets the Ax
Anderson Cooper's afternoon talkie wlll bow out next year
- Looks like Anderson Cooper will stick to hard news for a while: Warner Brothers' syndication arm has decided not to renew the CNN host's afternoon show,
, after next summer, the Media Decoder blog reports. Low ratings dogged the show from its first season, and changes including same-day tapings...
including: nancy grace
Aug 30, 2011 6:10 AM CDT
Nancy Grace, David Arquette among contestants
- Someone other than the devil may be dancing tonight, and Nancy Grace might have to play nice with judges for a change now that she's signed on to
Dancing With the Stars
. She met with her partner in Atlanta this week for the first time, causing TMZ to...
Wanda: 'I'm Gay—and Married'
Nov 17, 2008 4:31 AM CST
Wanda: 'I'm Gay—and Married'
Star reveals secret at gay marriage rally
- Comedian Wanda Sykes has revealed she is gay—and married her girlfriend days before passage of Proposition 8 banned gay marriage in California.
The 44-year-old co-star of
The New Adventures of Old Christine
Curb Your Enthusiasm
spoke emotionally to a cheering crowd at a rally supporting gay marriage in...
Back on Home
Jun 18, 2008 11:50 AM CDT
Lake Fights Back on Home Childbirth
Ex-talk show host says women should be pro-choice about birth methods
- Ricki Lake is firing back at a recent American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists statement that reprimanded her for promoting at-home childbirth, saying that a hospital was the "safest setting" for having a baby. In
The Business of Being Born
, the former talk-show host documents the delivery of her...
Popular on Newser
Archbishop to Pelosi: No More Communion for You
Finland Won't Pay Gas Company in Rubles. Russia Hits Back
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
His Startup Is About to Go Public. He's Also a Killer
First, 'Loud Noises on Their Lanai.' Then, a Surprise Visitor
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.