Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Obama No Fan of
Oct 19, 2011 9:58 AM CDT
Obama No Fan of the Kardashians
Would you want your daughters watching that stuff?
- In a recent iVillage interview, Michelle Obama let this little tidbit slip: Unlike, apparently, most of America , the president is not a huge fan of the Kardashians. Asked if any TV shows are off limits for the first daughters, Michelle replied, "Barack really thinks some of the Kardashians—when...
Michelle Obama, Girls
Visit Nelson Mandela
Jun 21, 2011 2:51 PM CDT
Michelle Obama, Girls Visit Nelson Mandela
Daughters, mother join her on South African trip
- Arriving in South Africa today, Michelle Obama met Nelson Mandela for the first time and said her husband was unhappy he couldn’t join them. “Michelle Obama certainly convinced the dignitaries she is excited to be here, and said her husband is 'pouty' that he isn't,”...
Obama's 'Second Job':
Coach on Sasha's Team
Jun 18, 2011 11:25 AM CDT
Obama's 'Second Job': Coach on Sasha's Team
President stresses importance of being a dad in radio address
- Is there a responsibility as demanding or important as being commander-in-chief of the United States? President Obama thinks so, and it's called being a dad. On his pre-Father's Day radio address today, the president reflected on his own father's absence and discussed some of the ways he'...
Obama a Little
Jun 17, 2011 11:53 AM CDT
Obama a Little Nervous: Malia Turning 13
President: 'I have men with guns who surround them all the time'
- President Barack Obama concedes he's nervous about his daughter Malia turning 13 next month, but says "I'm not anticipating complete mayhem for the next four, five years." Why? Because of his wife, in part. In an ABC interview , Obama explains that his girls "for whatever...
Michelle Prods Hollywood
to Show Military Families
Jun 14, 2011 10:34 AM CDT
Michelle Prods Hollywood to Show Military Families
Michelle Obama talks Joining Forces, tapes 'iCarly'
- Michelle Obama wants to see more stories of military families on TV and in movies, so she came to Hollywood to do something about it. The first lady met with members of the writers, producers, directors, and actors unions at the Writers Guild Theater to discuss Joining Forces, an initiative...
Would Be 'Fine'
With One Term
Jun 14, 2011 10:21 AM CDT
Obama: Family Would Be 'Fine' With One Term
But says he's still got work left to do
- President Obama says the first family would be just fine if they were just a regular family. “If I said, ‘You guys, I want to do something different,’ they’d be fine,” Obama told the TODAY show this morning. “They’re not invested in daddy...
Handle the Obamas
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 19, 2011 1:43 PM CDT
How Restaurants Handle the Obamas
Chefs try to stay cool amidst Secret Service crush
- Barack and Michelle Obama love to eat out, but how do restaurants handle a presidential visit? David Hagedorn of the
asked chefs around town, and found that the key is to remain calm. “We are in the business of creating perceptions,” says one general manager. “...
for Sasha, Malia:
Feb 9, 2011 9:49 AM CST
No Facebook for Sasha, Malia: Michelle Obama
First lady not a big fan of kids being on the network
- Among the hundreds of millions of people on Facebook, you will not find Sasha or Malia Obama. In an interview with the
Today Show ,
Michelle explained that there are some things her kids can't do because of security issues—but even if they were just two normal kids living in...
Obama Back on Court
With Busted Lip
Nov 29, 2010 9:13 AM CST
Obama Back on Court With Busted Lip
Injury doesn't keep prez from playing with his daughters
- President Obama was back on the basketball court yesterday despite his injured lip , but his opponents this time around were a bit less likely to elbow him. Obama played an early morning game at an Interior Department gym with daughters Malia, 12, and Sasha, 9, the
New York Daily News
Obamas Head to
cue vacation outrage
Aug 19, 2010 8:15 AM CDT
Obamas Head to Martha's Vineyard
First family heading to Mass. for 10 days of R&R
- President Obama, following in the footsteps of Bill Clinton and Ulysses Grant, has headed to Martha's Vineyard for a vacation. The president is taking 10 days to "recharge his batteries" and spend some quality time with his family, a spokesman says, adding that the president will still be receiving...
Who Cares Where
Aug 17, 2010 10:46 AM CDT
Who Cares Where Obama Vacations?
What's more elitist, a Martha's Vineyard rental or a Texas ranch?
- So President Obama likes to vacation in "exotic" places like the state he happened to grow up in, and Michelle Obama recently jetted off to Spain. Why does America care so much, asks Anne Applebaum
who blames the Kennedys' idyllic days in Hyannisport for starting it all. Ironically, it's...
Obama on Gulf:
The Water's Great
Aug 15, 2010 10:23 AM CDT
Obama on Gulf: The Water's Great
President, Sasha go swimming on quick trip to Gulf
- After President Obama waded into the controversy yesterday over whether to build a mosque near Ground Zero, he then waded into the Gulf of Mexico during his quick family trip to the Florida Panhandle. Taking a dip yesterday at Panama City Beach with daughter Sasha, Obama told a wary public...
Sasha Obama: Style Icon
Aug 12, 2010 9:40 AM CDT
Sasha Obama: Style Icon
At 9, she's already inspiring girls everywhere
- As Michelle Obama was getting criticized for taking a lavish trip to Spain—while wearing designer clothes—her 9-year-old daughter was emerging as an icon of reasonably priced style. From her $25 rainbow bathing suit to the $75 outfit she wore to meet the Spanish royal family, Sasha "was...
Aug 8, 2010 8:30 AM CDT
Obamas Lunch With Royals, Wrap Trip
Michelle, Sasha head home after stop in Mallorca
- US first lady Michelle Obama and daughter Sasha are having lunch with Spain's king and queen at the royal family's holiday retreat on the resort island of Mallorca in the Mediterranean. The Obamas arrived at Marivent palace shortly before 1pm and were greeted at the front door by King Juan...
Aug 5, 2010 2:02 AM CDT
Feds Yank Spain Racism Warning Before Michelle Trip
Warning was out of date, embassy says
- Good news for Michelle Obama and any other African-Americans planning trips to Spain: "Racist prejudices" are—suddenly—no longer a problem, according to the US State Department. A warning on the department's website that African-Americans who visit the country may need to fear getting arrested by prejudiced police was...
Birthday Boy Obama
Heads to Chicago
Aug 4, 2010 7:00 AM CDT
Birthday Boy Obama Heads to Chicago
President turns 49 today
- President Obama turns 49 today, and he’ll celebrate the occasion with his friends (but not family) in Chicago. Sources tell Lynn Sweet of the
that Obama will be dining out at a restaurant he frequents. “I think his plans for tomorrow are dinner with some friends...
Malia, Sasha Ready
Jul 23, 2010 4:20 PM CDT
Malia, Sasha Ready to Babysit: Obama
If first daughters need pocket money, they can earn it
- Malia Obama turned 12 on the 4th of July, and sister Sasha is 9, so they're just about old enough to bring in some money, their dad says. "They're getting an allowance," President Obama tells ABC , without specifying an amount—presumably they've gotten a raise since their.$1-a-week...
What Obama Did
on His Vacation
Jul 18, 2010 11:10 AM CDT
What Obama Did on His Vacation
President wraps up packed weekend in Maine
- President Barack Obama and the first family bid farewell to Maine today after an ambitious weekend vacation full of hiking, biking, boating, tennis, eating out, and maybe just a little ice cream. From the moment they arrived on Friday, it was clear they were determined to make the most of...
'Michelle' to Michelle
Jun 3, 2010 6:39 AM CDT
McCartney Sings 'Michelle' to Michelle
Beatle is awarded Gershwin Prize at White House lovefest
- Paul McCartney was honored last night with the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, and his evening at the White House was filled with reverent tributes, raucous performances, and a bit of humor. “After the last eight years, it's good to have a president that knows what a library is,...
No Weekday TV, Phones, Computers for Sasha, Malia
Apr 15, 2010 6:36 AM CDT
No Weekday TV, Phones, Computers for Sasha, Malia
Michelle Obama sets down strict tech rules for daughters
- They may live next to the nation's nerve center but during the week, Malia and Sasha Obama might as well be on Gilligan's Island. "In my household, we try to establish a set of guidelines and rules that make sense—no computers, phones, television during the week," Michelle...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
NPR's Supreme Court Story Takes Another Turn
British Doctor Visiting US Shot Dead in Bed
Queen Offers Minimum Wage to Future Employee
Airstrike on Prison Kills at Least 70
2 SNL Stars Plunk Down $280K for Staten Island Ferry
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.