Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
House Passes Short-Term Bill, Leaving Shutdown Up to Senate
Stories 1 - 20 |
Apr 27, 2018 10:51 AM CDT
Matt Lauer Breaks His Silence
Former 'Today' host criticizes allegations against him as Ann Curry speaks out
- Matt Lauer has broken five months of silence since allegations of sexual misconduct led to his ouster at NBC News to blast "many false stories from anonymous or biased sources that have been reported about me." In a statement to the
, Lauer says he "acted...
Ann Curry on Megyn Kelly:
'This Is Not Journalism'
Jan 24, 2018 6:41 AM CST
Ann Curry on Megyn Kelly: 'This Is Not Journalism'
She was referencing the Monday segment on Jane Fonda
- A former
show anchor had some tough words for a current
host. In a Tuesday appearance on the
, Ann Curry addressed Megyn Kelly's Monday segment blasting Jane Fonda . By way of background, Fonda shut down a question Kelly asked about plastic surgery in September, then when...
Jan 17, 2018 9:21 AM CST
Ann Curry: Harassment Was Pervasive at NBC
She is 'not surprised' by the Matt Lauer allegations
- Ann Curry for the first time addressed the sexual harassment scandal involving her former NBC co-host Matt Lauer, and one quote from her Wednesday interview on
CBS This Morning
is getting much attention: "I am not surprised by the allegations." Curry, while attempting to be tactful ("I'...
Kathie Lee Wants
Everyone to Like
Apr 26, 2013 10:41 AM CDT
Kathie Lee Wants Everyone to Like Lauer Again
Pens open letter, gets entire 'Today' staff to sign
- Things have not been great lately for Matt Lauer. Amid a press onslaught painting him as the bully who ousted Ann Curry from
and rumors he might be on his way out , he at least has some pretty important people in his corner: his colleagues. Kathie Lee Gifford wrote...
in Lauer's Seat
Mar 27, 2013 10:22 AM CDT
NBC Wants Anderson Cooper in Lauer's Seat
Report hits as Lauer under fire for role in Curry exit
- NBC must be kicking itself for giving Matt Lauer a $25 million-a-year contract. Top NBC executives recently approached Anderson Cooper about taking the embattled
host's job this year, anonymous sources tell Deadline . Separately, they reached out to Lauer to get his blessing for the swap—but Lauer didn'...
Next for Matt Lauer:
Mar 15, 2013 10:54 AM CDT
Next for Matt Lauer:
Rumors swirl that he's leaving 'Today'
- Matt Lauer is not having a great week. A front-page story in the
New York Times
yesterday focused on the
show's ratings troubles, and quoted staffers who think Lauer—whose popularity with viewers has been decreasing ever since the Ann Curry debacle —is on the way out....
Dec 20, 2012 8:39 AM CST
Missing From Newtown Memorials: Nancy Lanza
'26 acts of kindness' campaign just one example
- Twenty-seven people were murdered in the Newtown shootings, but the number cited—in memorials, in the media, and by the president—is often just 26. Nancy Lanza is often left out of the victim count amid the anger, the
reports. "Why would a woman who had a...
Jul 20, 2012 5:05 PM CDT
Savannah Guthrie Struck With Migraines
Ann Curry replacement told to wear dark glasses
- Replacing Ann Curry has gotten Savanna Guthrie stressed out. The
show co-host is suffering from head-splitting migraines barely a month into her new gig, sources say. “She goes to a doctor two days a week for treatment of the migraines, and is required to wear dark glasses...
Here's Why Ann Curry
Really Got the Boot
Jul 4, 2012 6:12 AM CDT
Here's Why Ann Curry Really Got the Boot
Matt Lauer was '100%' behind it, says source
- If you thought things seemed a little, well, cold between Matt Lauer and Ann Curry on her final
show appearance, there's good reason for that, a source tells
: "Matt Lauer is 100% behind Ann leaving," the insider claims. There's not much in the...
What Ann Curry
Did After Getting
Jun 30, 2012 9:55 AM CDT
What Ann Curry Did After Getting the Boot
She high-tailed it out of NYC
- Following her teary and much-panned adieu to the
Ann Curry wasted no time in high-tailing it out of 30 Rockefeller Plaza, sources tell the
New York Post .
"The minute she was finished, she was out of that building," the source said. She apparently flew directly to...
Yep, Savannah Guthrie
Will Replace Ann Curry
Jun 29, 2012 11:25 AM CDT
Yep, Savannah Guthrie Will Replace Ann Curry
NBC to make 'Today' shuffle official: Hollywood Reporter
- Savannah Guthrie sat in Ann Curry's former chair this morning as co-host of
, and it looks like the seat will become hers permanently. In a not-so-surprising development, NBC will officially announce later today that Guthrie will be Matt Lauer's full-time co-host, according to the
Jun 28, 2012 9:38 AM CDT
Ann Curry's Send-Off Hits 'Wrong Note'
'Today' co-host gets less than 5 minutes to say goodbye
- There was no fancy farewell montage or goodbye song performance : just Ann Curry, on the
couch alongside Matt Lauer, Al Roker, and Natalie Morales, bidding adieu to the viewers she loves. "This is not easy to say, but today is going to be my last morning as a...
Today's the Day
Jun 28, 2012 7:42 AM CDT
Goodbye: Today's the Day
Co-host announces exit in 'USA Today' interview
- It's official: Ann Curry is saying goodbye to
viewers this morning, she told
in an emotional interview yesterday. It's "going to be a bit of a tough day," Curry says, but she is excited about her new role within NBC: She will lead...
Jun 27, 2012 3:50 AM CDT
Savannah Guthrie Tapped to Replace Curry
She's already been offered job, say sources
- Looks like a new
for Savannah Guthrie. She's been tapped by NBC to replace bounced
co-host Ann Curry , sources tell the
. She's already been offered the job, but there's no immediate word on her response—or the deal she may be negotiating, notes...
NBC Still Has to Pay
Ann Curry $10M a Year
Jun 22, 2012 4:44 PM CDT
NBC Still Has to Pay Ann Curry $10M a Year
TMZ says she's guaranteed that amount for three years
- TMZ says the rumors about NBC firing Ann Curry as a
co-host are not only true, they're going to prove costly to the network. The site thinks Curry will get the boot next week, but NBC will still have to pay her $10 million a year for...
Jun 21, 2012 3:28 PM CDT
's Job Offer
Vieira rebuffs offer to replace Ann Curry
- Looks like NBC wanted to replace Ann Curry with the very co-host Curry replaced. Meredith Vieira reportedly turned down the network's offer of her old job back; she simply "wasn't interested," according to TMZ . The celebrity gossip source notes that ratings weren't the only reason...
NBC Might Replace
Ann Curry on
Jun 20, 2012 6:04 PM CDT
NBC Might Replace Ann Curry on
New York Times says move is in the works
- Ann Curry just celebrated her one-year anniversary as co-host of the
show, but it looks like she won't be around for a second. The network is fixing to replace her, reports the
New York Times
. The show has dipped in the ratings since Curry replaced Meredith Vieira, and...
Would Be 'Fine'
With One Term
Jun 14, 2011 10:21 AM CDT
Obama: Family Would Be 'Fine' With One Term
But says he's still got work left to do
- President Obama says the first family would be just fine if they were just a regular family. “If I said, ‘You guys, I want to do something different,’ they’d be fine,” Obama told the TODAY show this morning. “They’re not invested in daddy...
I've Decided to
May 9, 2011 11:42 AM CDT
Emotional Meredith Vieira: I've Decided to Leave
As rumored, Ann Curry will replace her
- Meredith Vieira today confirmed the rumor that's been going around for a while : She is leaving
in June. As expected, Ann Curry will replace her as Matt Lauer's co-host. An emotional Vieira said she is "sad" to leave but looking forward to spending more time with...
Apr 6, 2011 2:20 AM CDT
Meredith Vieira Leaving
Co-host won't renew her contract, say sources
- NBC execs are reportedly preparing for a tomorrow without
host Meredith Vieira. The host is said to be considering leaving the top-rated morning show when her contract expires in December. Viera, 57, is tired of the demanding schedule and wants to spend more time with her husband, who has...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
First Trump Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty in Georgia
Costco's Newest Product Keeps Selling Out in Just 'Hours'
27 Years After Tupac Shakur Killing, a Murder Charge
Overturned Truck With Toxic Cargo Causes 'Multiple' Deaths
Mick Jagger: My Kids Don't Need $500M
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.