Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Body Cam Footage: Cops Try Handcuffing 8-Year-Old
Attorney Benjamin Crump says he plans to file lawsuit
- Handcuff an 8-year-old? Florida police tried it in 2018 but found the boy's wrists too small for the cuffs, NBC News reports. Attorney Benjamin Crump tweeted bodycam footage of the incident Sunday, which has already racked up 2.3 million hits: "Unbelievable," he writes, adding that Key...
Attorney General Had Quite a Question for Nancy Pelosi
'Did you bring your handcuffs?'
- Attorney General Bill Barr ran into Nancy Pelosi at a DC function Wednesday, and their overhead remarks are, in the words of the Law & Crime blog, "really something." Hard to argue with that: Barr approached Pelosi at the National Peace Officers' Memorial Day Service and asked, "...
Boy Handcuffed, Hospitalized; Parents Allege 'Police Abuse'
7-year-old had reportedly hit teacher in Miami school
- The parents of a 7-year-old boy acknowledge their son acted badly when he hit a teacher last week at Miami's Coral Way K-8 Center. But his mom says her "heart is broken" after the boy was taken away in handcuffs, then hospitalized for a mental evaluation against his...
Handcuffed Priest Calls 911 From Church...
He got himself stuck while 'playing,' was also gagged
- An Illinois priest made a very awkward 911 call back in November that's just now coming to light : Father Tom Donovan told the dispatcher he needed help getting out of a pair of handcuffs he had been "playing with." "I'm going to need help before...
Georgia Cops Handcuff, Arrest 6-Year-Old Girl
Salecia Johnson accused of assaulting principal, damaging property
- Georgia police have sparked controversy after they handcuffed and arrested a 6-year-old who school officials accused of assaulting the principal and damaging property. Police responded to an elementary school's call on Friday to find kindergartner Salecia Johnson having a tantrum on the principal's office floor, they said. When...
School Handcuffed First Graders for Talking: Lawsuit
Mother seeking $100K from Chicago schools
- A Chicago mom is suing the city’s public school system, alleging that a school security guard handcuffed her son and several other 6- and 7-year-olds for talking in class. When asked by school officials to discipline the kids in March 2010, the guard allegedly took them to an empty...
Reporter Cuffed by Joe Miller's Guards Speaks Out
Tea Party press treatment chilling, says Tony Hopfinger
- The Alaskan reporter handcuffed by bodyguards for Tea Party Senate candidate Joe Miller and threatened with trespassing charges said it was a frightening, intimidating experience and that he wanted the guards to call the police to protect him. Tony Hopfinger, editor of the online Alaska Dispatch, was cuffed and held...
Gates Donates 'Beer Summit' Handcuffs to Smithsonian
Museum on black history now has them
- The "beer summit" is now a little piece of American history. Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. has donated the handcuffs used to arrest him to the new museum on black history at the Smithsonian. Last summer's arrest set off a racial brouhaha that led to the so-called summit...
Woman Tries to Keep Husband... With Handcuffs
She wanted to have a conversation with him, Conn. police say
- Connecticut police say a woman attempting to reconcile with her husband handcuffed herself to him as he slept and then bit him on his torso and arms. Helen Sun, 37, told police she wanted to have a conversation with husband Robert Drawbough without him leaving. Police say she changed the...
Popular on Newser
Fistfights Break Out at Bloody Trump Rally
Report: Here's How Woman Died in 'Ungodly' Accident
Harry Reid: If Dems Win, Give GOP 'No More Than 3 Weeks'
Mark Meadows Makes Startling COVID Comment
Election Feature That 'Triggered' Dems Is Gone
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.