Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Nudist Has Last Laugh
After Boar Steals Laptop
Aug 8, 2020 4:30 PM CDT
Nudist Has Last Laugh After Boar Steals Laptop
'We all clapped and congratulated him for his success'
- A German nudist had the last laugh after giving chase to a wild boar that had run off with a bag containing his laptop, the AP reports. Pictures posted on social media show the naked man running after a sow and her two piglets to the mirth of fellow bathers...
America's Best Summer Job?
Nudist Campground's Lifeguard
Mar 30, 2018 7:40 AM CDT
America's Best Summer Job? Nudist Campground's Lifeguard
Winning candidate doesn't need to don a swimsuit
- A Rhode Island nudist campground is looking for a lifeguard, and the uniform is cheap: nothing. The
reports Dyer Woods Nudist Campgrounds' help wanted notice for a lifeguard this summer says qualified candidates must have "excellent communication skills" and the ability to "work as part of...
In Paris, a New
Place for Nudists
Aug 31, 2017 7:21 AM CDT
In Paris, a New Place for Nudists
Section of Bois de Vincennes park will be open to naturists (but not voyeurs)
- A parks and rec official in Paris is lauding an "open-minded vision" for one of the city's parks—specifically, an out-of-the-way section of the Bois de Vincennes park that is open to nudists until Oct. 15. AFP reports on the naturism experiment, which permits visitors to strip down...
A Newbie Spends a
Week at Nudist Camp
Aug 1, 2017 9:45 AM CDT
A Newbie Spends a Week at Nudist Camp
'Anything beautiful or grotesque can become boring with enough exposure'
- Jamie Lauren Keiles is a self-described bad dresser. It's a fashion choice of sorts in that she hopes "this rejection of fashion might be read as a sign of my politics or intelligence," she writes at Racked . "If I can't control how people will treat...
Paris to Get a
Sep 27, 2016 5:13 PM CDT
Paris to Get a Clothing-Free Zone
City councilors approve plan for creation of naturist park
- Paris, a place for fashionistas and nudists alike? Maybe. Parisian city councilors have given the green light to a plan that would see the creation of a clothing-free zone somewhere within the city limits, the BBC reports. The location of the nudist area has yet to be determined, but Deputy...
at Yacht Race
Dec 27, 2015 2:30 PM CST
Nudists Save Sinking Boat at Yacht Race
Fans get unexpected twist at Australia's "Sydney to Hobart" race
- Ah, a yacht race. Oh, we're taking on water—and being rescued by nudists. Such was the experience of yacht-racing fans whose small wooden boat began sinking near the popular "Sydney to Hobart" race on Boxing Day in Australia, the
reports. Once yachts departed to start the...
Dec 4, 2015 2:31 PM CST
Meet the Cult-Leading Nudist Who Worshipped Coconuts
He ate nothing but coconuts for 17 years
- NPR has a fascinating look at a little-known 20th century eccentric named August Engelhardt, "a sun-worshipping German nudist" who ate nothing but coconuts and died "a freak show for tourists" in the South Pacific. Born in 1875, Engelhardt latched onto a movement that believed the raw and...
San Francisco Nudists
Rally Against Law
Sep 26, 2011 2:19 AM CDT
San Francisco Nudists Rally Against Law
They just want the bare necessities
- San Francisco demonstrators put their buns on the line this weekend to protest a law that would strip their nudity rights on city streets . Oh, they'd still be allowed to appear in public naked, as they are now, but they'd have to get dressed to enter a restaurant...
Nudist Movement Seeks
Next Naked Generation
May 7, 2011 4:08 PM CDT
Nudist Movement Seeks Next Naked Generation
Groups try to lure the young as membership wanes
- America's nudists fear their lifestyle is in danger of disappearing because of a failure to attract naked young people. Membership of the two main nudist organizations has been sliding for years and nudist resorts are finding that younger people aren't so keen on spending their vacations around naked...
In French Town,
Nudists Battle Nudists
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 25, 2010 6:30 PM CDT
In French Town, Nudists Battle Nudists
Some just want to be naked; others want to have sex in public
- “Naked City,” France: It sounds like a nice place, right? But Cap d'Agde, home of a large nudist population, is currently the site of a battle between “traditional” French nudists , and the new wave of “libertines” who are apparently into “free sex and partner-swapping,”...
My Day as a Nudist
Sep 8, 2010 1:35 PM CDT
My Day as a Nudist
Some people love it ... Emily Yoffe, not so much
- Emily Yoffe had already posed naked for a group of art students, so why not visit a nudist camp on behalf of her Human Guinea Pig column, in which she tries things the rest of us want to know about, but are too scared to do. "You've already crossed...
May 29, 2010 1:11 PM CDT
Skinbook: Facebook for Nudists
It's not as X-rated as it sounds
- If your privacy beef with Facebook is that it doesn't have enough
, Skinbook may be the site for you. Billing itself as the web's only true nudist social network, the UK-based site has some rules: No pornographic photos, torso-only images, or dirty comments. But for the rules to...
Colo. Nudists Fight to
Garden in the Buff
Mar 19, 2010 4:27 PM CDT
Colo. Nudists Fight to Garden in the Buff
Housing group to change rules, require clothes
- In response to a couple who gardens wearing only thongs and gloves, a Colorado housing authority says it will draft new rules requiring that residents stay dressed when outside their homes. Robert and Catharine Pierce, who have a sign on their front door reading " This is a naturalist household,...
Naked Near White House
Jan 7, 2010 1:51 PM CST
Man Jogs Naked Near White House
Streaker braves cold, sets off Secret Service scare
- The Secret Service found itself on an odd chase yesterday, running down a man who’d stripped naked to jog near the White House. Around rush hour, the man threw off his clothes, leaving them lying in a bag, and set off running, heedless of the 25-degree windchill. “He...
Need a Vacation?
World's Top 5
Jul 26, 2009 3:55 PM CDT
Need a Vacation? World's Top 5 Nude Events
Nude Recreation Week is celebrated this month
- To mark the 32nd year of Nude Recreation Week, TripAdvisor has put together a list of the top five nude events worldwide, Reuters reports:
World Naked Bike Ride, worldwide, June and July
: Riders, advocating cycling over driving, often paint messages on their bodies.
World Record Skinny Dip, across North America,
Jul 4, 2009 11:36 AM CDT
Swedes Shed Hangups at Nudist B&B
- It’s quaint, relatively cheap, breakfast is included in the price, and oh yes, everyone’s naked. Welcome to Hylteberga gård, one of the first naturist bed and breakfasts in Europe. Helena Frith Powell of the UK
took a holiday there, and found it a tad … distracting,...
The Naked Truth
on Nude Farming
Jul 4, 2009 5:09 AM CDT
The Naked Truth on Nude Farming
- The motto of Rising Sun Farm in Wisconsin is “Unconventional Farming”—the naked pleasures of which Judd Spicer experiences firsthand and recounts for the Heavy Table. Spicer describes the moment of disrobing as “scary, liberating, strange, natural, different, fun,” but once he’s free and clear...
Is a Strip Joint
Apr 2, 2009 8:50 AM CDT
German Hotel Is a Strip Joint
Naturists want it to be family-friendly lodging
- Germany's first mandatory-nudity hotel hasn't even opened yet, but management is laying down the law: Towels must be placed wherever guests sit. The Black Forest resort's clothing ban is an oddity even in Germany, a hotbed of naturism for over a century, reports the
of London. In fact, clothing...
Popular on Newser
Palin Tests Positive for COVID, NYT Trial Delayed
A Game for the Ages Sparks Call for Rule Change
After Another Attack, a New Subway Warning
Virginia's New Republican Governor Making Waves
Bataclan Survivor 'Shocked' to Find Out What Her Surgeon Did
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.