Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
What's So Special About This Japanese Chalk?
The company has folded, but the chalk is still available online
- When the 80-year-old Japanese company that produces Hagoromo Fulltouch chalk went out of business this past spring , mathematicians took to social media to pay their respects and their wallets to buy as much of the chalk as they could—15 years' worth in the case of one professor. Sarah Zhang...
Teacher Makes Chalkboard Gun Threat
Warns period 6: 'Care to try me?'
- An Indiana high school business teacher has admitted to writing a threatening message on a chalkboard. "Period 6 (only)," it reads: "(A) You are idiots!!!! (B) The guns are loaded!!! (C) Care to try me????" The teacher "had been absent two days prior, and he was...
Writing's on the Wall for the Chalkboard
Some still attached, but whiteboards now rule classrooms
- If today’s kids don’t know what a record is, tomorrow’s won’t likely know what a chalkboard is, at least in the classroom. Whiteboards, without the lung- and computer-choking dust (to say nothing of their immunity to scratching nails) are taking over, with one supplier of both...
Popular on Newser
Trump Cuts 60 Minutes Interview Short, Calls It 'FAKE'
Family, Friends of Woman Killed by Falling Tree Will Get $28M
NYT : Trump Has Previously Undisclosed Chinese Account
Giuliani Appears to Touch Himself in Borat Scene
After 47 Years, Marshals on Trail of Escaped Child Killer
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.