Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Crews Put Christo Wrap
on Arc de Triomphe
Sep 13, 2021 4:17 PM CDT
Crews Put Christo Wrap on Arc de Triomphe
Paris monument is being draped in keeping with late artist's vision
- The public art project taking shape in Paris doesn't just look like something Christo would do, it is his project, being completed more than a year after the artist's death. Workers are covering the Arc de Triomphe in 270,000 square feet of silvery blue, plastic wrapping, a...
Christo Scraps Project
He's Spent $15M on
to Protest Trump
Jan 27, 2017 8:17 AM CST
Christo Scraps Project He's Spent $15M on to Protest Trump
Artist had planned to drape 6 miles of fabric over Arkansas River
- Shia LaBeouf isn't the only artist protesting President Trump—but in Christo's case, it's the lack of art that will do the talking. The artist famous for installing 7,503 orange "gates" at Central Park in 2005 had planned for some 20 years to drape...
Feds OK Giant Christo River Art
Nov 8, 2011 6:00 AM CST
Feds OK Giant Christo River Art
Artist aims to install fabric panels over 42-mile stretch of Colo. river
- After 18 years and $7 million, the artist Christo has won federal approval for his controversial plan to wrap a 42-mile stretch of Colorado's Arkansas River. The New York-based artist, known for his larger-than-life outdoor projects, aims to install 5.9 miles of fabric in segments over the river,...
Sep 10, 2010 5:54 AM CDT
Christo Battles Coloradans Over River 'Curtain'
Environmentalists blast outdoor artist as 'eco-terrorist'
- What may be "open air artist" Christo's last major masterpiece is the focus of a tense battle with angry Colorado environmentalists. Christo, 75, plans to drape some 42 miles of the Arkansas River beneath a silvery curtain. Foes says the self-indulgent ego exercise by the "eco-terrorist" artist will...
Wife of Christo, Dead at 74
Nov 19, 2009 12:29 PM CST
Artist Jeanne-Claude, Wife of Christo, Dead at 74
She made her mark creating giant environmental artworks with husband
- Jeanne-Claude, the artist who with her husband, Christo, traveled the globe creating massive works of public art, died yesterday in New York at age 74 after a brain aneurysm. Christo and Jean-Claude first caught the public eye in the 1960s and '70s in Europe wrapping landmark buildings and bridges in...
Popular on Newser
Cruise Cancels at Sea, Stranding Passengers
Transportation CEO Steps In Front of Train to His Death
University President Fired For 'Inappropriate Relationship'
Bob Saget Widow Breaks Silence After Star's Death
DeSantis: Wish I'd Been 'Much Louder' Against Trump's COVID Move
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.