Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Elizabeth Edwards divorce
Cate Edwards Gets Married
Oct 23, 2011 10:49 AM CDT
Cate Edwards Gets Married
John Edwards' daughter marries college sweetheart Trevor Upham
- If anybody has reason to steer clear of the institution of marriage it's probably Cate Edwards, but John Edwards and his oldest daughter marched down the aisle yesterday nonetheless. With a candle at the altar lit in memory of mom Elizabeth, Cate Edwards married her college sweetheart Trevor Upham...
Elizabeth Edwards: I'm More
Than a 'Cuckolded Wife'
Jun 30, 2010 7:42 AM CDT
Elizabeth Edwards: I'm More Than a 'Cuckolded Wife'
She compares herself to Sandra Bullock on Today Show
- Elizabeth Edwards still thinks she married “a marvelous man”…but John Edwards “is no longer the person who I married.” In her first appearance since their split, she tells
, “I still admire an enormous number of things about him.” She also compares herself...
Drops Out of Sight
Jun 18, 2010 2:29 PM CDT
'Lost, Lonely' John Edwards Drops Out of Sight
Ex-senator isn't even hitting on women in bars anymore
- Without his political career and largely without his family, John Edwards seems unmoored. He spends lots of time with his lawyers and lots of time ducking process servers working for the lawyer of his former right-hand man, Andrew Young—who's being sued by Edwards' former mistress, Rielle Hunter. Edwards isn't...
Plots to Keep
From Her Kids
May 31, 2010 4:21 AM CDT
Elizabeth Edwards Plots to Keep 'Stepmom Rielle' From Her Kids
She worries lover will take over after her death
- Elizabeth Edwards is doing everything in her power now to keep her estranged husband's mistress from becoming her children' stepmom, friends reports. Edwards hopes her eldest daughter will become the guardian of her younger children if she succumbs to her late-stage breast cancer, reports the
New York Daily News.
for causing divorce
Feb 11, 2010 1:16 PM CST
Elizabeth Edwards May Sue Andrew Young
John Edwards' estranged wife wants aide to zip it
- North Carolina is one of 7 states that allow a member of a divorcing couple to sue a third party for busting up the marriage, and Elizabeth Edwards has threatened to do just that—to Andrew Young. Usually, a lover—Rielle Hunter, anyone?—would be the defendant in the suit,...
Feb 4, 2010 5:40 AM CST
John Edwards Punched Elizabeth
Pal: Edwards hit cancer-stricken wife in 'marriage-ending' fight
- John Edwards hit his wife in a "horrific marriage-ending fight" over the Christmas holidays, according to the
. "Elizabeth told me the argument became so heated with John striking her," a friend of Elizabeth's tells the tabloid. "He forcefully punched her in the ribs."...
Why the Edwards
Split Bums Us Out
Jan 28, 2010 12:57 PM CST
Why the Edwards Split Bums Us Out
For some reason, we can't cheer Elizabeth's departure
- The peanut gallery cheered when Jenny Sanford left Mark, and it’s been urging Elin Nordegren and Silda Spitzer to follow suit. But for some reason, the Edwards divorce has been greeted as sad news. “No two marriages are alike,” writes Belinda Luscombe of Time. This one had...
Jan 28, 2010 6:57 AM CST
John Edwards Confirms Split
He 'still cares deeply' about wife Elizabeth
- John Edwards confirmed his separation from wife Elizabeth yesterday, calling it “an extraordinarily sad moment.” Elizabeth has had divorce papers ready for a year, but an insider says trust issues finally pushed the couple over the edge. “John feels like, 'I can't live with you checking my...
Leaving John: Tab
Jan 27, 2010 9:51 AM CST
Elizabeth Edwards Leaving John: Tab
After Rielle Hunter, love child, Edwards is at 'breaking point'
- After months of rumors, denials, and eventual confessions, Elizabeth Edwards may have finally had enough of hubby John’s dalliances. In its new issue,
’s cover story claims that Elizabeth told her sister “I’ve had it” and is kicking John out of her life. The magazine has...
Popular on Newser
Judge Declares Florida Abortion Law Unconstitutional
Supreme Court Puts a Big Case on Next Term's Docket
Suspect in Star Cyclist's Murder Is Caught
Radio Station Abruptly Starts Playing Same Song on a Loop
Mom of Hospital Escapee: 'Terrified for the Community'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.