Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 24 |
More 'Sitting Kills' News:
It Raises Colon Cancer Risk
Jun 21, 2011 12:45 PM CDT
More 'Sitting Kills' News: It Raises Colon Cancer Risk
Being single doesn't help much, either: Studies
- Two unrelated bits of news today on colon cancer:
In another sitting-is-bad-for-you study, Australian scientists say people who worked 10 years or more in sedentary jobs had twice the risk of colon cancer as those who never had a sit-all-day job, along with a 44% increased risk of
Catch On for
Apr 22, 2011 4:24 PM CDT
'Standing Desks' Catch On for Health Benefits
... as studies warn about dangers of sitting for long stretches
- A slew of stories warning about the health risks of sitting too much has led to an uptick in interest about desks that allow people to stand, writes Todd Wasserman at Mashable . Exhibit A: Traffic has quadrupled in recent weeks to standupdesks.com . "Right now, such desks are tiny...
Jul 23, 2010 5:51 AM CDT
Sit Less, Live Longer
Even daily exercisers are at risk from prolonged sitting
- Plug this in to your fitness calculus: Even gym rats may face an early grave if they spend a good chunk of their leisure time sitting, a new study suggests. Women who spend 6 or more hours a day sitting as they watch TV or surf the web or whatever...
Sitting All Day
Is Making You Fat
Feb 24, 2010 11:59 AM CST
Sitting All Day Is Making You Fat
Sedentary life destroys gains of exercise, makes metabolism go haywire
- Exercise all you want, but that office chair—or your couch at home—will erase your good intentions. Multiple studies, Olivia Judson writes, have shown that people who sit for extended periods can’t help but pack on the pounds. Consider this result: “Among people who sit in front...
Stories 21 - 24 |
Popular on Newser
Judge: Trump Doesn't Have to Declare FBI Planted Evidence
One Take on Tagovailoa's Hit: 'How Are We So Stupid in 2022'
Ginni Thomas Tells Committee 2020 Election Was Stolen
Eliza Fletcher's Autopsy Results Are Released
Former Cowboys Player Dies in Climbing Accident
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.