Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 5,197,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Stories 1 - 20 |
Interpol Issues 'Red Notice' for Wife of US Diplomat
Anne Sacoolas accused of killing teen in UK car crash
- Anne Sacoolas, wife of an American diplomat, will face arrest if she tries to leave the US again. Interpol has issued a wanted notice for the 42-year-old, who is charged with killing 19-year-old Harry Dunn in a car crash outside an American military base in England last year, reports Reuters...
Harry Dunn's Mom: New Development 'Means Everything'
Anne Sacoolas charged, may face extradition
- Charges have been filed against the US diplomat's wife involved in a car crash that killed 19-year-old Harry Dunn in the UK. But whether 42-year-old Anne Sacoolas will ever return to Britain to face trial remains very much up in the air. The Crown Prosecution Service says extradition proceedings...
UK Cops to Get New Crack at US Diplomat's Wife
Anne Sacoolas requested interview 'under caution' in US
- British police will get another interview with the US diplomat's wife involved in the car crash that killed 19-year-old Harry Dunn—just not in the UK. Anne Sacoolas requested to be interviewed by Northamptonshire Police in the US, where officers are now traveling, Sky News reports. The outlet notes...
Harry Dunn's Dad Says He Spoke to Son After Crash
Says his son knew he was there before he died
- The parents of the British teen killed in an August crash involving a US woman who is reportedly married to an American diplomat have given their first stateside interview, and they tell CBS News that 19-year-old Harry Dunn was able to be with his father before he died. Tim Dunn...
US Diplomat's Wife's Immunity 'No Longer Relevant'
Anne Sacoolas tells family of UK's Harry Dunn she's 'devastated by this tragic accident'
- The American diplomat's wife who fled the United Kingdom under the auspices of diplomatic immunity "is devastated by this tragic accident" that killed a 19-year-old man on a motorcycle, per the BBC . "No loss compares to the death of a child and Anne extends her deepest sympathy...
Trump on UK Crash: Wrong-Way Driving 'Happens'
Notes suggest Anne Sacoolas will not return to UK
- Anne Sacoolas, the 42-year-old wife of a US diplomat who fled the UK after a fatal Aug. 27 crash in which she claims diplomatic immunity, has no plans to return, according to notes provided to President Trump. A
photographer got a look at briefing notes given to Trump...
Parents of Brit Killed in Crash on Quest That Could Lead to Trump
Harry Dunn's parents want Anne Sacoolas' immunity waived
- It's still unclear exactly where Anne Sacoolas is right now. The same can't be said for Harry Dunn's parents, who have been putting themselves in front of cameras and journalists as part of their quest to have the 42-year-old American held accountable for allegedly killing their 19-year-old...
Cops: Woman Who Killed Teen Used Diplomatic Immunity to Flee
Woman said to be wife of US diplomat had told UK police she had no plans to leave country
- She told UK police she wasn't planning on leaving the country after a car crash in which a teen was killed. Now, the parents of Harry Dunn are pleading with the wife of a US diplomat to return to England so they can "get some peace" after cops...
CAR Minister Says Tennis Star's Passport Is a 'Clumsy Fake'
And that Boris Becker isn't an official diplomat, though Becker disagrees
- Boris Becker's claim of diplomatic immunity in an ongoing bankruptcy case just went from odd to bewildering. Though the former tennis champ claims his April appointment as a Central African Republic attache to the European Union means he's immune from bankruptcy hearings in the UK, the CAR appears...
Tennis Great Takes Odd Defense in Bankruptcy Case
Boris Becker says his diplomatic post with Central African Republic means he's immune
- Three-time Wimbledon champion Boris Becker is claiming that a diplomatic role with the Central African Republic means he's exempt from bankruptcy proceedings in the UK. The 50-year-old declared bankruptcy in June 2017 over debts to private bank Arbuthnot Latham, reports the AP and BBC . He was named Central African...
US Diplomat Claims Immunity Over Unpaid Rent
Lawyer says Betsy Zouroudis 'enjoys immunity from civil matters' in Canada
- A Canadian landlord says he may never again rent to foreign diplomats after a US Embassy worker failed to pay two months of rent, then claimed diplomatic immunity. Rolf Baumann tells CBC News he bomb-proofed the windows in his luxury Ottawa townhouse in early 2016 to meet US security standards...
NZ Kicks Out US Diplomat After Unexplained Incident
US refused to waive immunity
- An American diplomat has been kicked out of New Zealand, taking a black eye and a broken nose with him and leaving a lot of questions behind. New Zealand asked the US to remove the man, an embassy staff member, after the embassy refused to waive diplomatic immunity when he...
Crazy Reckless Driving Case in Beverly Hills Gets Weirder
Cars are owned by sheikh who allegedly falsely claimed diplomatic immunity
- A case of reckless driving last weekend in Beverly Hills involved a $1.4 million Ferrari, false claims of diplomatic immunity , an alleged death threat, a Middle Eastern sheikh, and zero arrests. The whole thing started Sept. 12 when the swanky Los Angeles neighborhood was terrorized by a yellow Ferrari...
India's Gambit to Shield Female Diplomat Won't Work
Country gives Devyani Khobragade a new job
- As India gets increasingly hot under the collar about its arrested and strip-searched female diplomat , the US isn't backing down: The State Department has refused to drop charges against Devyani Khobragade, with a State Department rep emphasizing that each year the US reminds countries about "obligations they have...
US Arrests, Strips Female Diplomat, to India's Dismay
Parliament takes token retaliatory measures, protest starts
- Indian lawmakers lashed out at the US today over the arrest last week of an Indian diplomat in New York, which one MP called a blatant violation of the Vienna convention, the BBC reports. Devyani Khobragade was arrested last Thursday and charged with visa fraud, amidst allegations that she paid...
UK Threatens to Raid Embassy for Assange
Threat to revoke diplomatic immunity infuriates Ecuador
- Ecuador has been enraged by what it sees as a British threat to storm its embassy in London and seize Julian Assange, who has been holed up there since mid-June. British authorities have warned Ecuador that it has the option of revoking the embassy's diplomatic immunity to fulfill its...
Judge Denies Strauss-Kahn Diplomatic Immunity
He'd already left the IMF when Nafissatou Diallo filed her suit
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn can't get out of a civil suit from the housekeeper who accused him of sexually assaulting her by claiming diplomatic immunity, a judge ruled today, calling Strauss-Kahn's attempt to do so "his own version of a Hail Mary pass." Strauss-Kahn had already resigned his...
DSK Claims Diplomatic Immunity In NYC Case
Lawyers for ex-IMF boss seek to have civil case tossed
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn's lawyers have asked a judge to dismiss a civil case brought against him by a hotel maid who claims the former IMF chief sexually assaulted her. The Frenchman's lawyers argue that at the time the suit was filed he was still covered by diplomatic immunity under...
Strauss-Kahn Tried to Claim Diplomatic Immunity
He later dropped strategy, asked to call attorney
- So much for the consensual sex argument. Ex-IMF boss Dominique Strauss-Kahn didn't make that claim when he was busted for sexual assault of a Manhattan hotel maid , but declared that he had diplomatic immunity. He also complained his handcuffs pinched, according to new details revealed yesterday in court documents....
Pakistan Acquits CIA Worker in 'Blood Money' Deal
Raymond Davis released, ending US-Pakistan diplomatic standoff
- On the same day he was indicted on two murder charges, CIA contractor Raymond Davis has been acquitted by a Pakistan court and released. The victims' families told the court "that they have accepted the blood money and they have pardoned him," the Punjab Law Minister tells Reuters...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
'Something Out of Orwell': Defiant NJ Gym Loses License
Man Who Bragged He'd Live Forever Has Died
Florida Sheriff Tells Deputies They Cannot Wear Masks
Fox Host: 'Something's Going to Happen' to Biden
Trump Has Praise for 'Future Republican Star'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.