Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 41 - 60 |
Photo of Female Worker Bound
in Duct Tape Horrifies Scotland
May 25, 2018 8:59 AM CDT
Photo of Female Worker Bound in Duct Tape Horrifies Scotland
DeeAnn Fitzpatrick says male co-workers at government agency created toxic environment
- She said her co-workers made fun of her for having a miscarriage, hurled sexist and racist language at her and others, and then, the final straw: They duct-taped her to a chair and gagged her. Now, per the
New York Times
, DeeAnn Fitzpatrick will get her day in court. The...
May 12, 2018 4:05 PM CDT
Seniors Learn Painful Truth About Bullying
It's not usually physical, but it's nasty
- Bullying doesn't end as we enter our golden years, apparently. The AP has uncovered incidents of cruelty at senior centers and housing complexes that highlight the surprising ways elderly people bully one another. "There's the clique system just like everywhere else," says Betsy Gran, who once...
School Closed Over Threatening
Post on Ex-NFLer's Instagram
Feb 23, 2018 5:34 PM CST
School Closed Over Threatening Post on Ex-NFLer's Instagram
Post on Jonathan Martin's account tagged 2 ex-teammates he accused of bullying him
- A Los Angeles prep school was closed Friday and a former NFL player detained by police over an Instagram post showing a gun and shells on a bed, Deadspin reports. According to the
Los Angeles Times
, the image was posted to a verified Instagram account belonging to ex-offensive lineman Jonathan...
Teen Suspended Over
Viral Anti-Bullying Video
Feb 2, 2018 1:00 PM CST
Teen Suspended Over Viral Anti-Bullying Video
Emily Gipson recorded video following fellow student's apparent suicide
- "We're expected to forgive the bullies because the authorities are sure they didn't mean it," Emily Gipson says in a YouTube video posted Jan. 22. "Sometimes I wonder how many kids it takes dying to make a difference." The 16-year-old sophomore at Tennessee's...
Girl Complained About Bullying,
Killed Herself Minutes Later
Jan 23, 2018 11:00 AM CST
Girl Complained About Bullying, Killed Herself Minutes Later
2 kids now charged with cyberstalking
- While suspended from school for an alleged fight, 12-year-old Gabriella "Gabbie" Green walked into her mother's bedroom on Jan. 10 to complain about "girl drama" and the "particularly heavy" harassment she was receiving from classmates. Forty minutes later, she was found dead of a suicide that'...
Girl Known for Australian
Hat Ads Commits Suicide
Jan 10, 2018 12:20 PM CST
Girl Known for Australian Hat Ads Commits Suicide
Amy 'Dolly' Everett was 14
- Featured in an ad campaign for Australian hat company Akubra when she was 8, Amy "Dolly" Everett was the face of the unmistakable outback hat, the BBC reports. Last week, at the age of 14, Dolly killed herself. "I know for some suicide is considered cowardly but I...
Viral Bullying Video Now
Caught Up in Backlash
Dec 12, 2017 12:10 PM CST
Viral Bullying Video Now Caught Up in Backlash
Mother of Keaton Jones fending off charges of racism over Confederate flag photos
- A feel-good story about a bullied kid drawing support from all over has turned into a mess. The mother of Keaton Jones is now trying to fend off a backlash that ensued after social media images emerged showing her and the family posing with a Confederate flag. "It was...
Bullied Boy Gets
Amazing Show of Support
Dec 11, 2017 3:47 AM CST
Bullied Boy Gets Amazing Show of Support
His anti-bullying video went viral, reached celebrities
- "They make fun of my nose, they call me ugly," Tennessee middle schooler Keaton Jones says in a heartbreaking anti-bullying video originally uploaded to Facebook Friday. "I have no friends." But after the video was shared more than 430,000 times and viewed more than 20...
Parents: Our 10-Year-Old Girl
Hanged Self Over Video
Dec 1, 2017 12:17 PM CST
Parents: Our 10-Year-Old Girl Hanged Self Over Video
Ashawnty Davis' family blames bullying at school
- Ashawnty Davis was a happy girl who loved basketball and hoped to one day play in the WNBA. But that was before a video showing the 10-year-old fighting with a fellow student at school was posted to social media, say her parents. Already the victim of bullying, Ashawnty endured further...
Mom Sent Child to School With
Recorder, Now Faces Felony
Nov 28, 2017 10:10 AM CST
Mom Sent Child to School With Recorder, Now Faces Felony
Sarah Sims says Virginia school hadn't addressed bullying concerns around her 9-year-old daughter
- She says she only wanted to protect her daughter. Sarah Sims now faces the prospect of years behind bars after she sent her daughter to school with a digital audio recorder. Sims tells WAVY she first called and emailed administrators at Ocean View Elementary School in Norfolk, Va., to discuss...
Gets 10 Years for
Nov 11, 2017 7:12 AM CST
Marine Instructor Gets 10 Years for Tormenting Recruits
Joseph Felix will get a dishonorable discharge
- A Marine Corps drill instructor has been sentenced to 10 years behind bars after being convicted of tormenting and abusing young recruits , especially Muslim-Americans, including one who later killed himself. A military jury also ordered Gunnery Sgt. Joseph Felix, a 34-year-old Iraq veteran, to forfeit all pay, be demoted to...
Alarming Trend Among Teens:
Nov 9, 2017 12:48 PM CST
Alarming Trend Among Teens: 'Digital Self-Harm'
6% of children surveyed said they'd engaged in 'self-cyberbullying'
- Cyberbullying is a huge problem among teens—and an alarming new study finds that sometimes, kids inflict the bullying on themselves. Researchers surveyed almost 5,600 US students between the ages of 12 and 17, and around 6% reported they had engaged in what researchers are calling "self-cyberbullying" or...
George W. Bush
Doesn't Seem to Be
a Fan of Trumpism
Oct 19, 2017 1:20 PM CDT
George W. Bush Doesn't Seem to Be a Fan of Trumpism
Though Thursday speech never mentioned Trump by name
- Another prominent Republican is coming out against Trumpism without actually mentioning President Trump by name. In a speech at a Bush Institute event in New York Thursday, former president George W. Bush said that in this moment, "bigotry seems emboldened. Our politics seems more vulnerable to conspiracy theories and...
Tweets Message to
Aug 23, 2017 9:40 AM CDT
Melania Trump Tweets Message to Chelsea Clinton
A note of thanks after former first daughter came to Barron Trump's defense
- While the tension between certain Clintons and Trumps continues to get press , other members of the two families are supporting and praising each other. Chelsea Clinton took to Twitter Monday to defend 11-year-old Barron Trump from harsh criticism of his clothing choices by a conservative website, which was soon followed...
Secret Messaging App
Both Adored and Feared
Aug 12, 2017 1:57 PM CDT
Secret Messaging App Both Adored and Feared
Sarahah lets users send messages anonymously
- Imagine being able to hear exactly what family, friends, and coworkers think of you without knowing who is behind each comment. It's enticing to the millions of people who've downloaded the massively popular new app Sararah since it was released in June. Adweek reports that it's currently...
Bullied Kid Gets Escort
to School From 50 Bikers
Aug 4, 2017 11:15 AM CDT
Bullied Kid Gets Escort to School From 50 Bikers
Now Phil Mick 'comes home every day smiling,' says mom
- "I know what it's like to be picked on," says Brent Warfield. You wouldn't know it to look at him. The burly biker from DeKalb, Ind., says he was bullied as a kid, which is why he was irked to learn a local boy was going...
Has a Message
for Trump's Haters
Jul 5, 2017 9:30 AM CDT
Lindsay Lohan Has a Message for Trump's Haters
'Stop #bullying him & start trusting him'
- Donald Trump apparently has a friend in Lindsay Lohan, whom he once said is "probably deeply troubled and therefore great in bed." Lohan took to Twitter early Tuesday to defend the president, responding to a Breitbart article that quoted Trump as saying he would be "delighted" to...
Parents Confront Bullies
in Daughter's Obituary
Jun 24, 2017 4:35 PM CDT
Parents Confront Bullies in Daughter's Obituary
Sadie Riggs' parents say bullies made her feel 'worthless'
- The parents of a 15-year-old girl who hanged herself Monday in Pennsylvania have a message for bullies: "Please know that it is not too late to change your ways." Fox News reports that before her death, Sadie Riggs was going to counseling and taking medication for emotional issues....
Beat the 8-Year-Old.
Then, a Suicide
May 12, 2017 3:21 AM CDT
Fellow Students Beat the 8-Year-Old. Then, a Suicide
Other kids mocked Gabriel Taye while he was unconscious
- Police in Cincinnati are investigating the heartbreaking circumstances leading up to the suicide of an 8-year-old boy in January. Police say security camera footage from a restroom in Carson Elementary School shows a fellow student knocking the boy to the floor, leaving him unconscious. For another five minutes, other students...
Most Likely to Go Under the
Knife? Bullies, Their Victims
May 1, 2017 12:01 PM CDT
Most Likely to Go Under the Knife? Bullies, Their Victims
Scientists find connection between plastic surgery, bullying
- There's a link between bullying and plastic surgery, but it's not just among those who've been bullied. Researchers say that the bullies themselves are also more likely to long for cosmetic surgery, reports Refinery29 . It's a finding shown among 2,800 adolescents in the UK interviewed...
Stories 41 - 60 |
Popular on Newser
Suspected 'Mass Fentanyl Poisoning Event' Kills 9 in Florida
How Parade Shooting Suspect Managed to Buy 5 Guns
Scathing Obit: 'It Will Be Challenging to Miss Lawrence'
Boys 'Shouldn't Have Been Able to Physically Do What They Did'
Amazon Prime Rolls Out a Big 'Thank You' to Customers
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.