Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 61 - 80 |
Cops: 11-Year-Old Repeatedly
Bullied—by Her Teachers
Apr 30, 2017 7:48 PM CDT
Cops: 11-Year-Old Repeatedly Bullied—by Her Teachers
Two face criminal charges in Opelousas, Louisiana
- The bullying epidemic may have hit a new low. Two Louisiana teachers were arrested and accused of harassing an 11-year-old girl, reports CNN . The victim’s first teacher, Ann Marie Shelvin, was removed from the school after the student’s mother got the school board as well as local authorities...
Man's Cardiac Arrest Death
Linked to Workplace Bullying
Mar 30, 2017 4:39 PM CDT
Man's Cardiac Arrest Death Linked to Workplace Bullying
Wife says her husband was called 'weak' and a 'wimp' by his supervisor
- Eric Donovan loved his job of 17 years at a Canadian nonprofit agency that runs group homes and programs for adults with intellectual disabilities. But during the final years of his life, that love turned to stress as Donovan felt he was being bullied by Nadine Hendricken, his supervisor at...
Avril: Zuckerberg an Online
Bully for Nickelback Crack
Dec 23, 2016 1:14 PM CST
Avril: Zuckerberg an Online Bully for Nickelback Crack
'#TheJokeIsOld' she posted on Twitter in note to Facebook co-founder
- Making us feel guilty this week for every Nickelback crack we've ever made is Avril Lavigne, but she's not going after us—she's going after Mark Zuckerberg,
reports. The Facebook co-founder showed off Jarvis, his new AI home assistant voiced by Morgan Freeman, in a video...
'This Is Why People
Tell Kids Not to Bully'
Nov 11, 2016 7:50 AM CST
Kohlhepp's Mom: 'This Is Why People Tell Kids Not to Bully'
Judge in 1987 rape case, meanwhile, said a teen Kohlhepp was 'dangerous'
- As bodies connected with Todd Kohlhepp continue to emerge , the suspected South Carolina serial killer's mom is linking four of the killings he's admitted to to one thing. "This is all why people tell kids not to bully. This is what can happen," Regina Kohlhepp said...
Girl With 'Crooked' Smile From
Cancer Treatments Kills Self
Nov 1, 2016 1:18 PM CDT
Girl With 'Crooked' Smile From Cancer Treatments Kills Self
11-year-old Bethany Thompson beat her cancer, but mom says bullying tormented her
- An 11-year-old girl who beat cancer as a preschooler killed herself last month after what mom Wendy Feucht describes as unceasing bullying, CNN reports. Bethany Thompson, a sixth-grader in Cable, Ohio, had been free of cancer after undergoing radiation therapy for a brain tumor at the age of 3, but...
College Football Player Says He
Was Bullied, Forced to Fight
Oct 20, 2016 6:14 PM CDT
College Football Player Says He Was Bullied, Forced to Fight
Former University of Virginia player Aidan Howard has sued
- A former University of Virginia football player was bullied and harassed by teammates because of his learning disability and seriously injured after being forced to fight another athlete in order to prove his "manliness," according to a federal lawsuit filed against the school this month. Aidan Howard said...
Man Runs 401 Marathons to
Help Bullied LGBT Kids
Oct 6, 2016 3:40 PM CDT
Man Runs 401 Marathons to Help Bullied LGBT Kids
Ben Smith ran 10,500 miles in 401 days while raising $315,000
- Ben Smith overcame years of bullying, depression, and two suicide attempts, so running 401 marathons in 401 days was no sweat. “I’ve sat on my bed and tried to take my life," Smith tells BuzzFeed . "I got through that, so I feel like nothing can stop...
She Used to Dread Lunch.
Now Others Won't Have To
Sep 16, 2016 12:46 PM CDT
She Used to Dread Lunch. Now Others Won't Have To
Teen creates Sit With Us app to help students find open lunch tables
- Natalie Hampton felt "completely ostracized by all of my classmates" at her middle school and dreaded lunch period every day because she knew she'd be sitting alone. She ended up switching schools for high school and making friends, and she didn't want to be "as bad...
Boy, 13, Commits Suicide,
Leaves Behind Letter on Bullying
Aug 14, 2016 2:15 PM CDT
Boy, 13, Commits Suicide, Leaves Behind Letter on Bullying
Daniel Fitzpatrick was found in his attic on Thursday
- When Daniel Fitzpatrick first entered Holy Angels Catholic Academy in Brooklyn, it was a "great life," he explained in a letter written a few weeks before he committed suicide on Thursday. The 13-year-old Staten Island boy wrote that things later spiraled downward due to incessant bullying at the...
You Can't Call
Jun 9, 2016 6:00 PM CDT
It's Official: You Can't Call Vegetarian Kids 'Idiots'
You also can't say they 'should eat meat' to have 'bigger brains'
- Nearly two years and $8,000 in legal fees later, a New Jersey school district officially has the right to give detention to an 11-year-old who insulted a classmate for being a vegetarian. The
Asbury Park Press
reports the bizarre case started in October 2014 when two sixth-graders were having...
11-Year-Old Girl Charged
in 'Swirly Gone Wrong'
May 23, 2016 3:55 PM CDT
11-Year-Old Girl Charged in 'Swirly Gone Wrong'
Lanira Tackett's parents call it premeditated assault
- A first-grader is recovering after an older schoolmate apparently smashed her head several times against a school toilet—in what police are calling a "swirly" gone wrong, KFVS-12 reports. Authorities tell Fox 5 Atlanta that 6-year-old Lanira Tackett was dragged into a bathroom stall Thursday at Oakland Elementary School...
Apr 4, 2016 7:00 PM CDT
Bullied 12-Year-Old Commits Suicide
Evan Ziemniak hanged himself
- A community in suburban Pittsburgh is grappling with the loss of a 12-year-old boy who committed suicide, his family says, because he was bullied. Evan Ziemniak of North Fayette, Pa., hanged himself on March 23 and was declared dead at a nearby hospital, the
New York Daily News
Slew of Accusations
Mar 15, 2016 12:59 PM CDT
Slew of Accusations Emerge Against Trump Campaign Manager
Sources say Corey Lewandowski roughs up reporters, is 'sexually suggestive': Politico
- The Trump campaign manager embroiled in a dispute with an ex-Breitbart reporter who says he assaulted her apparently isn't much beloved within his own circle, either, with some staffers even planning a coup last month, sources tell Politico . Labeled by Roll Call as a "seasoned political operative" known...
School Accidentally Emails 'Whiners' Form to Parents
Feb 19, 2016 7:28 AM CST
School Accidentally Emails 'Whiners' Form to Parents
Snarky 'Hurt Feelings Report' blasted out by mistake
- File under really bad email blunders: A staff member at Wilmington, Delaware's Lombardy Elementary School blasted out an event email that included the wrong attachment—a blank "Hurt Feelings Report," the
reports. Set up to resemble a bullying complaint form, the snarky document's "...
Jan 15, 2016 2:03 PM CST
Anger Over Son's Bullying Spurs Moving Facebook Post
MaryAnn Parisi explains why her 11-year-old is different
- MaryAnn Parisi's 11-year-old son, Michael, has been bullied before, but on Monday, what the 36-year-old Connecticut mom heard from her son's 6th-grade teachers pushed her over the edge. "Michael, he told his teacher 'It's OK, I'm getting used to [the bullying],'" after...
Two 11-Year-Olds Die
by Suicide in Colorado
Nov 24, 2015 4:00 AM CST
Two 11-Year-Olds Die by Suicide in Colorado
Cops don't know if tragic deaths are connected
- These are troubling times for parents in Fort Collins, Colo., where two 11-year-old children took their own lives within days of each other. The suicide of a girl in sixth grade at Lincoln Middle School last Monday was followed by the Saturday night suicide of a boy who attended Blevins...
Sep 10, 2015 2:08 PM CDT
Couple Lives Like Victorians, Internet Sneers
Sarah Chrisman says she simply loves the lifestyle, but others are calling her out
- If someone wants to dress every day in a corset, store perishables in an icebox, and forgo electricity and other modern comforts, she should be able to do so without fear of reprisal. That's Sarah Chrisman's take in her Vox essay , in which she defends the Victorian-era lifestyle...
Family of Bullied
Teen Sues Town
Over His Suicide
Aug 13, 2015 9:00 PM CDT
Family of Bullied Teen Sues Town Over His Suicide
They say schools didn't do enough to support and protect him
- The parents of a 15-year-old who killed himself in 2013 after years of "unremitting bullying" have sued their Connecticut town and its board of education, accusing them of ignoring the problem and their own anti-bullying policy, NBC New York reports. According to the
, Bartlomeij "Bart" Palosz...
Jul 11, 2015 1:33 PM CDT
11-Year-Old Reads Cruel Comments About Himself
... to make a point against bullying
- Logan Fairbanks and his dad have posted a lot of videos on YouTube, and the 11-year-old couldn't help but notice the cruel taunts being directed his way. He convinced his reluctant dad, Josh, to allow him to make a video in which he reads some of them, reports ABC...
Celebs Offer Reward After
Twisted Ice Bucket Prank
Sep 8, 2014 2:58 AM CDT
Celebs Offer Reward After Twisted Ice Bucket Prank
Autistic Ohio teen had feces, urine dumped on head
- Drew Carey has offered $10,000 to help find a group of Cleveland-area teenagers who humiliated an autistic boy with their twisted take on the ALS ice bucket challenge. The 14-year-old's mother contacted police after discovering that the group of teens had used the boy's phone to record...
Stories 61 - 80 |
Popular on Newser
Agent on Rushdie: 'The News Is Not Good'
They Were Enjoying Happy Hour. Then, 'Pure Panic'
Sinema Received $1M Haul, Then Killed Tax Hike on Rich Investors
Tons of Dead Fish in River: 'Most Likely Dealing With a Crime'
After Guilty Verdict, Defendant Downs Drink in Court and Dies
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.