Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 4,667,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Peter Paul Rubens
Painting of 'Funny Old Man' Turns Out to Be Much More
German-Jewish doctor made sure painting by Rubens wasn't looted by Nazis
- A painting by one of Europe's old masters has been found hanging in a Johannesburg, South Africa, home. Peter Paul Rubens' "Portrait of a Gentleman" was owned by a German-Jewish doctor, who secreted it out of Nazi Germany when he fled in the 1930s. Patients hid his art...
'Lost' 400-Year-Old Portrait Found Above Fireplace
Dirt, additions of other artists had obscured its identity
- A man's day out with his family resulted in the discovery of a 400-year-old painting of "perhaps one of the most famous gay men in history" by one of the most important painters in history, the
reports. The story is only slightly less surprising because that man...
On Sale Today: Items From Princess Di's Family Homes
Items have been in the Spencer family for centuries
- If you wish you could get a little closer to Princess Di but aren't interested in buying jam made from her hair , you have another shopping opportunity: Beginning today, art, antiques, and old carriages owned by her family will be sold at three separate auctions, the AP reports. Many of...
Popular on Newser
Trump-Loving White Supremacist Loses It in Restaurant
First Murder Hornet Trapped
No In-Person Classes for Barron Trump: Official
The World Has a New No. 3 in COVID Deaths
All the Passengers Got Off. Then Came the COVID-19 Tests
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.