Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Wants to Raise
Top Estate Tax
Rate to 77%
Jan 31, 2019 1:32 PM CST
Bernie Sanders Wants to Raise Top Estate Tax Rate to 77%
Unveils legislation that would also expand the estate tax
- Bernie Sanders wants to increase the top estate tax rate in the US to 77%. The senator, who is considering running for president again in 2020, unveiled legislation Thursday that would both expand and increase the estate tax, raising trillions. From Bloomberg ,
, and the Hill :
Currently, the estate
House Dems Push
for Higher Estate Tax
Dec 15, 2010 9:51 AM CST
House Dems Push for Higher Estate Tax
They want to return it to 2009 levels
- House Democrats are likely to pass the president’s tax cut deal, but not before changing its estate tax provision. House resolve to block the bill has largely faded in the wake of a strong Senate test vote. But after meeting with rank-and-file members yesterday, senior Democrats tell the
to Avoid Estate Tax?
Nov 1, 2010 9:59 AM CDT
Are People Planning Death to Avoid Estate Tax?
Rep. Cynthia Lummis says it's the case in Wyoming
- Rep. Cynthia Lummis claims her Wyoming constituents are literally planning to die by Dec. 31 to avoid paying estate taxes, which will be reinstated when Bush-era tax cuts expire at year-end, reports the AP . She explained their logic this way: "If you have spent your whole life building a...
Steinbrenner Heirs Will
Dodge Massive Estate Tax
Jul 14, 2010 2:25 AM CDT
Steinbrenner Heirs Will Dodge Massive Estate Tax
Billionaire, 80, died the right year
- It's an auspicious year for Yankees owner George Steinbrenner to die—at least for his heirs. They'll dodge massive estate taxes because the federal inheritance tax law has expired, leaving legacies largely untapped by Uncle Sam. Steinbrenner's estate is estimated at $1.1 billion. Had he died last year, his...
Popular on Newser
You Know About Foster Care, Maybe Not Its 'Shadow' System
2nd Woman Dumped at LA Hospital Dies
He Stuck Out His Arm to Get Vaxxed. It Was 'Cold and Gummy'
Shellshocked Docs Call Bomb Squad for Man With Ordnance in Rectum
Samuel Little Is Dead, but LA Detectives Aren't Giving Up
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.