Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Smoking Law Like Nazis' Jewish Star: GOP Candidate
Senate candidate John Raese slammed for bizarre analogy
- Smokers are getting treated like Jews did in Nazi Germany, according to West Virginia Republican John Raese. "I have to put a huge sticker on my buildings to say this is a smoke-free environment. This is brought to you by the government of Monongalia County, " complained Raese at...
Which Palin Grizzlies Roared, Whimpered?
Her picks won many, but lost the biggies
- Despite not actually appearing on any ballot yesterday, it’s still one of the big questions of the night: How did Sarah Palin do? In her own words, pretty well—she tweeted to “Commonsense Constitutional Conservatives” that they “‘refudiated’ extreme left”—but when it comes to...
Sarah Palin Endorses Candidate, Gets State Wrong
Says Pennsylvania needs West Virginia's John Raese
- Sarah Palin endorsed a Senate candidate today on Twitter but got his home state wrong. The conservative leader tweeted about Pennsylvania's need "2 send GOP 2 DC 2 avoid PA economic disaster that will occur under Obama/Pelosi Cap & Tax," but then said "workers need Raese,"...
Bill Clinton, Palin Join W. Va Battle
Race for Byrd's seat pits Comeback Kid against Mama Grizzly
- Big guns from both sides have joined the fray as the Senate race in West Virginia tightens up. The state hasn't sent a Republican to the Senate since 1958 but Gov. Joe Manchin, running for the seat left open by Sen. Robert Byrd's death, is facing a tough challenge from...
GOP Pulling 'Hicky' Ad in West Virginia
Republicans embarrassed over casting call for actors
- The GOP is pulling a West Virginia campaign ad after the casting call for "hicky" actors was made public by Politico . "No one at the NRSC, or associated with the NRSC, had anything to do with the language used in this casting call," said a spokesman for...
W.Va. Gov, Businessman Will Square Off for Byrd's Seat
Joe Manchin, John Raese score decisive primary victories
- Popular West Virginia governor Joe Manchin won the Democratic primary yesterday and will square off against successful and deep-pocketed businessman John Raese in the election to fill the Senate seat long held by the late Robert Byrd. As the AP reports, Raese beat out a crowded field of GOP candidates...
Popular on Newser
Months After Recovery, COVID Survivors Report an Oddity
Cops: Restaurant Owner Went to Extremes to Violate Lockdown
Utah Overpass Is a Wild Success
We Don't Use Our Thumbs the Way Neanderthals Did
First Visitors Arrive at Utah Monolith
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.