Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Dole Gets Buyout Offer
From Own 90-Year-Old CEO
Jun 11, 2013 9:55 AM CDT
Dole Gets Buyout Offer From Own 90-Year-Old CEO
He thinks he'll live to 125 (thanks to banana peels?)
- David Murdock is 90 years old, but if he gets his way, it will be awfully hard for anyone to force him into retirement. The Dole Food CEO is offering to buy the company he works for outright for $12 a share, in a deal that values the company at...
Tech Billionaire Buys
Most of Hawaiian Island
Jun 21, 2012 7:45 AM CDT
Tech Billionaire Buys Most of Hawaiian Island
Larry Ellison buys sixth-largest island for undisclosed sum
- Oracle CEO Larry Ellison has picked up a sweet vacation spot: 98% of the Hawaiian island of Lanai. It's not clear what he paid for the 141-square-mile isle, but it was offered for sale for up to $600 million by Castle & Cooke, a company owned by billionaire David...
Mar 6, 2011 6:48 AM CST
Inside This Billionaire's Quest for His 125th Birthday
David Murdock spending more than $500 million to unlock health secrets
- The 87-year-old billionaire David Murdock is putting his money where his mouth is—literally, investing more than $500 million to construct the North Carolina Research Campus, a cutting edge food research center that he says will help him live to 125. Murdock, who also owns Dole, the world’s largest...
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Teenager Thought He Bought a Percocet. It Killed Him
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Few in GOP Differ With Trump on Constitution
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.