Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Moonves, CBS End $120M Fight
May 14, 2021 5:05 PM CDT
Moonves, CBS End $120M Fight
Former CEO fired over sexual assault allegations had sought severance pay
- Les Moonves, the former CBS chief executive who was forced out after being accused of sexual harassment and abuse in a period spanning decades, has dropped his attempt to recover $120 million in severance pay. Moonves filed for arbitration in January 2019 over the money after the CBS board decided...
Cover Story Has
New Trump Allegation
Jun 21, 2019 1:14 PM CDT
Cover Story Has New Trump Allegation
Writer E. Jean Carroll accuses the president of sexually assaulting her in the 1990s
- The new cover of
magazine has a jarring headline: Next to a photo of writer E. Jean Carroll, it reads: "This is what I was wearing 23 years ago when Donald Trump attacked me in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room." Carroll, now 75, is probably best...
Cybill Shepherd: Moonves Killed
My Show After I Rejected Him
Dec 14, 2018 6:25 AM CST
Cybill Shepherd: Moonves Killed My Show After I Rejected Him
Cybill could have run for another 5 years, she says
- Cybill Shepherd says her 1990s sitcom was smothered, then killed by Les Moonves after she rejected his advances. In an interview with Sirius XM's Michelle Collins Show , the star said
, which was cancelled in 1998 after four seasons, "could have run another five years, but I didn'...
Report: CBS Boss Had Worker
'On Call' for Oral Sex
Dec 5, 2018 6:59 AM CST
Report: CBS Boss Had Worker 'On Call' for Oral Sex
Lawyers say Moonves was 'evasive and untruthful'
- Former CBS chairman and CEO Les Moonves engaged in widespread sexual misconduct in the workplace, according to a report from lawyers the network hired to investigate allegations. Investigators were told by multiple CBS employees that Moonves kept a woman on the payroll "on call to perform oral sex,"...
'Hundreds' of Texts
$120M CBS Exit
Nov 29, 2018 6:45 AM CST
'Hundreds' of Texts Could Derail Les Moonves' $120M CBS Exit
'NYT' has details of new #MeToo accusation against the ex-CBS chief
- A "monthslong cascade of hundreds of text messages" could cost Les Moonves $120 million. That's the crux of a
New York Times
expose that details a triangle with the former head of CBS, a floundering Hollywood manager, and an actress who once "radiated star power"—and...
CBS Hitmaker: Moonves Had
7-Year Vendetta Against Me
Sep 12, 2018 1:48 PM CDT
CBS Hitmaker: Moonves Had 7-Year Vendetta Against Me
Linda Bloodworth Thomason says she's 'happy to dance on his professional grave'
- The creator of
, described by the
as one of CBS' biggest hitmakers, has written a powerful piece for the
taking disgraced former CBS chairman and CEO Les Moonves to task. But, as the headline of Linda Bloodworth Thomason's piece notes, "...
Moonves May Get
Sep 10, 2018 6:22 AM CDT
Moonves May Get $100M Payout From CBS
But it depends on the results of sexual harassment investigation
- Les Moonves is departing CBS as sexual harassment allegations continue to pile up—but he won't exactly be leaving empty-handed. The
New York Times
, citing "sources familiar with the settlement agreement," reports that the longtime chief executive could receive more than $120 million under his agreement with...
Les Moonves Has Reached
a Settlement to Leave CBS
Sep 9, 2018 2:15 PM CDT
Les Moonves Has Reached a Settlement to Leave CBS
Reports indicate an official announcement will come Monday
- CBS chief Les Moonves will imminently leave his post as chairman and CEO of the media giant, per CNN . According to the report, Moonves has been locked in a legal battle with controlling shareholder Shari Redstone and a settlement hadn't been finalized until Sunday, the same day Ronan Farrow...
Moonves Remains in Place
at CBS, at Least for Now
Jul 30, 2018 4:18 PM CDT
Moonves Remains in Place at CBS, at Least for Now
Network is hiring outside counsel to conduct sexual misconduct probe
- CBS will keep CEO Les Moonves in place during an investigation of sexual misconduct charges against him, the company said. It will hire an outside counsel to conduct the probe, the AP reports. On Friday a
article quoted six women who accused Moonves of sexual misconduct over a...
Mar 9, 2015 10:18 AM CDT
Brian Williams Wanted to Succeed Letterman
According to new investigative report
- Previous reports have noted that Brian Williams once lobbied for Jay Leno's
job, and now it turns out Williams tried to get David Letterman's job, too. That's just one of the tidbits from a new investigative piece by Gabriel Sherman in
for 30 Minutes
Jul 30, 2013 6:34 AM CDT
Time Warner Pulls CBS— for 30 Minutes
Stops screening CBS, Showtime after negotiations stall
- Bad news for fans of procedural crime dramas: Negotiations between CBS and Time Warner Cable turned so sour last night that the cable network stopped airing CBS and Showtime in major cities. It pulled the plug at midnight Eastern time, following a day of discussions over the retransmission fee Time...
Fox Refuses Ads for
Service to, Well, Kill Ads
May 17, 2012 12:26 PM CDT
Fox Refuses Ads for Service to, Well, Kill Ads
Dish Network's Hopper can automatically skip commercials
- How awesome would it be if your DVR automatically skipped commercials on shows recorded off the major networks? Probably not very awesome if you were one of those same networks, which is why they're outraged over the Dish Network's upcoming "Hopper," which, Dish announced last week,...
Apr 13, 2012 6:00 PM CDT
CBS Boss Les Moonves Makes $70M
Of that, $3.5M is base salary
- Network TV struggling? Not enough to prevent CBS honcho Les Moonves from pulling in $69.9 million in total compensation last year, reports the
Wall Street Journal
. The president and CEO had a base salary of $3.5 million, with the rest coming in the form of a bonus, plus...
Popular on Newser
CNN Fires Chris Cuomo, Citing New Information
Diabetics' Quest for This 7% Target 'Could Kill Them'
Mother Chases Down Leopard To Rescue Son
School Plans Outside Probe of Its Actions Before Shooting
Shellshocked Docs Call Bomb Squad for Man With Ordnance in Rectum
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.