Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti
Mar 31, 2014 11:20 AM CDT
Torture Didn't Help Catch bin Laden, Report Finds
Senate Intelligence Committee: No evidence tortured detainees gave up crucial info
- The report that has thrown the CIA into a bitter fight with the Senate Intelligence Committee concludes that there is no evidence that torture helped the agency find Osama bin Laden, congressional aides and other sources tell the AP . The CIA has argued that "harsh interrogation techniques" like waterboarding...
Meet the Agent Who
Found bin Laden
Jul 5, 2011 7:29 AM CDT
Meet the Agent Who Found bin Laden
The story of the unsung CIA man who hunted the leader for a decade
- By now, you’ve seen the photo of Obama administration brass awaiting word of the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound. What you haven’t seen is the CIA agent standing just outside the frame, a man the AP identifies only as “John.” He spent years doggedly...
A Prisoner, a Call, a Courier:
How They Found bin Laden
May 3, 2011 7:54 AM CDT
A Prisoner, a Call, a Courier: How They Found bin Laden
Intel from detainees, tapped phones led to courier
- It wasn’t long after 9/11 when a detainee in one of the CIA’s secret prisons first mentioned the name Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti. That name—plus years of intelligence work—would eventually lead America to Osama bin Laden, the AP reports. The first break came in 2004, when an...
Popular on Newser
Trump Suggests Suspending the Constitution
Teenager Thought He Bought a Percocet. It Killed Him
Scans Show How Pandemic Changed Teenage Brains
Chris Christie's Niece Booted Off Plane, Allegedly Bites Officers
Few in GOP Differ With Trump on Constitution
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.