Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
This Anthem Controversy
Is Not What You'd Expect
Feb 3, 2019 8:50 PM CST
This Anthem Controversy Is Not What You'd Expect
Gladys Knight's national anthem causes some betting confusion
- One of the weirder Super Bowl "prop bets" that takes place is how long the national anthem will last. On Sunday, Gladys Knight's version managed to create controversy, reports the
. The common bet was whether she'd go over 1:50, and Knight sang for 2...
Mar 4, 2016 10:41 AM CST
Gladys Knight Sings During Traffic Stop
Her pal didn't get speeding ticket after singer belted out song to Utah cop
- A Utah police officer who pulled over a car carrying iconic soul singer Gladys Knight was treated to an impromptu rendition of "Happy Birthday" Wednesday night. Knight was a passenger in the car stopped for speeding in the town about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City, Pleasant Grove...
Oct 20, 2013 2:33 PM CDT
10 Gross Violations at Celeb Restaurants
Even Ryan Gosling's restaurant is not necessarily safe
- Thinking it might be fun to go out to eat at a celebrity-owned restaurant? Well, you might think twice about that idea after reading Radar's list of 20 health code violations found at such establishments. A sampling:
At the Chicago location of
's Angels & Kings Bar,
Feb 28, 2012 8:44 AM CST
Dancing With the Stars
Jaleel White, aka Steve Urkel, and a lot of other TV stars, singers, athletes
- "Whoa, Mama!" That's right: Urkel, aka Jaleel White, will be
Dancing With the Stars
this season. The new line-up was announced on
Good Morning America
today, and it also includes TV star Melissa Gilbert, Heather Locklear ex Jack Wagner, Green Bay Packer Donald Driver, tennis star Martina...
Popular on Newser
Illinois Has a New Name for 'Delicious' Invasive Species
After Guilty Verdict, Defendant Downs Drink in Court and Dies
National Archives Fact-Checks Trump on Obama Documents
NYT : Trump Lawyer's June Declaration a Factor in Search
Activists Fill Golf Holes With Cement
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.