Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Student Hit by
May 18, 2013 11:23 AM CDT
Student Hit by Flesh-Eating Bacteria Gets Bionic Hands
Aimee Copeland continues recovery
- A Georgia woman who lost both hands, her left leg, and her right foot after contracting a flesh-eating disease has been fitted with prosthetic hands. Aimee Copeland, 25, has been fitted with a pair of hands with 24 programmable functions that will improve her dexterity. She got the "i-limbs"...
Victim Goes Home
Aug 23, 2012 12:05 PM CDT
Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim Goes Home
Aimee Copeland leaves rehab
- Aimee Copeland celebrated leaving rehab yesterday with a trip to Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch, then spent her first night home in nearly four months watching Comedy Central with her sister. Copeland, who lost her hands, leg, and foot to flesh-eating bacteria after a zipline accident in May, spent two...
Student With Flesh-Eating Bacteria Leaves Hospital
Jul 2, 2012 9:51 AM CDT
Student With Flesh-Eating Bacteria Leaves Hospital
Aimee Copeland defies doctors' expectations, heads to rehab
- Aimee Copeland, the woman diagnosed with a rare, flesh-eating disease , left the hospital today after nearly two months and headed to an inpatient rehabilitation clinic, where she'll learn to move with the aid of a wheelchair after having her left leg, right foot, and both hands amputated. Copeland's...
Jun 16, 2012 3:58 PM CDT
Flesh-Eating Victim Refuses Pain Meds
Aimee Copeland would feel like 'traitor to her convictions'
- A Georgia woman who has lost a leg, a foot, and both hands to a flesh-eating disease is refusing to take pain pills for certain procedures, the AP reports. The main reason: Aimee Copeland's education in holistic pain control techniques makes her feel like a "traitor to her...
Victim Dies in
Jun 15, 2012 1:41 AM CDT
Flesh-Eating Victim Dies in California
Pastor battled infection for 5 months
- A woman infected by flesh-eating bacteria has died in California. Sacramento pastor Linda Snyder was rushed to a local hospital in January after a wound was overtaken by necrotizing fasciitis. "She developed lots of complications as a result of the bacteria and surgeries to contain the bacteria," her...
May 28, 2012 12:34 PM CDT
Flesh-Eating Victim Finally Speaks
Aimee Copeland talking for first time since early-May hospitalization
- For the first time in nearly a month, flesh-eating bacteria sufferer Aimee Copeland has graduated from mouthing words to actually speaking, reports WRDW . "Today…May 27……is AIMEE DAY!!!" her father blogged yesterday; her family has been using the phrase to refer to the day she would...
3rd Victim Battles
May 21, 2012 1:08 PM CDT
3rd Victim Battles Flesh-Eating Bacteria
Doctors say there's no link to Aimee Copeland case
- Doctors are still insisting there's no connection, but a third person in the Southeast is now fighting flesh-eating bacteria. "I just started feeling very sick," Bobby Vaughn, 33, tells WXIA Atlanta . "I was throwing up and had a backache. I just thought it was a little...
Flesh-Eating Bacteria to
Claim Student's Hands, Foot
May 18, 2012 1:42 PM CDT
Flesh-Eating Bacteria to Claim Student's Hands, Foot
But Aimee Copeland responded to news by mouthing, 'Let's do this'
- A young Georgia woman fighting a flesh-eating bacteria has learned she will lose her hands and remaining foot , and responded by mouthing the words, "Let's do this." Her father recounted the conversation in an update on his Facebook page today. Andy Copeland wrote about the difficult talk...
Now a New
May 17, 2012 11:44 AM CDT
Now a New Mom Battles Flesh-Eating Bacteria
Lana Kuykendall in critical condition
- As Aimee Copeland continues to fight necrotizing fasciitis , another woman in the Southeast is battling the flesh-eating bacteria, too. Just days after giving birth to twins, Lana Kuykendall had severe pain in her leg—and then husband Darren noticed a spot that looked like a bruise or a blood clot...
May 11, 2012 1:47 AM CDT
Now Student Losing Hands to Flesh-Eating Infection
But family is optimistic Aimee Copeland will live
- The Georgia grad student who already lost her left leg to amputation will now lose her hands and her right foot to save her from a flesh-eating infection. Aimee Copeland's life turned into a nightmare after a zip-line cut her calf during a kayaking trip. Shortly afterward she was...
May 10, 2012 12:04 AM CDT
Flesh-Eating Infection Claims Student's Leg
Deadly bacteria linked to zip-line injury on river trip
- A Georgia college student has lost a leg to a flesh-eating infection after a zip-line injury. Aimee Copeland, a 24-year old master's student at the University of West Georgia, is fighting for her life after a homemade zip line cut into her calf during a kayaking trip in the...
Popular on Newser
Merriam-Webster Chooses Its Word of the Year
Iran, US Soccer Now Have Bad Blood Over Altered Flag
Court Sides With Man Fired for Avoiding Workplace 'Fun'
Cops: 'Catfishing' Leads to Triple Homicide
Odell Beckham Jr. Escorted Off Flight
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.