Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
The Coronavirus Pandemic
Confirmed US cases: 1,775,000+ »
Read our complete coverage here »
Unexploded WWII Bomb Prompts Evacuation
Construction workers find a leftover from the war
- Thousands of people have been ordered to evacuate an area of central London after construction workers found an unexploded bomb left from World War II. The discovery was made Monday afternoon in the Soho district, which includes offices as well as restaurants, bars and other businesses. Streets in the area...
Germany Orders Biggest Evacuation Since WWII
Some 70K people need to evacuate Frankfurt on Sunday
- The US and UK blanketed Germany with at least 1.3 million tons of bombs during World War II, and as much as 10% of that never exploded, with the
reporting in 2016 that more than 2,000 tons of unexploded munitions are found in the country annually. That...
After 6 Decades, Hunt for US Bombs in N. Korea Continues
Search teams still find explosives frequently
- In the 10 years he has been digging up ordnance from the Korean War, Maj. Jong Il Hyon has lost five colleagues to explosions. He carries a lighter that one gave him before he died. He also bears a scar on his left cheek from a bomb disposal mission gone...
What WWII Bomb? UK Keeps Calm, Race Carries on
Oxford-Cambridge boat race is still happening after unexploded bomb found in Thames
- British police say the hotly contested annual Oxford-Cambridge boat race is likely to proceed as planned despite the discovery of what police suspect is an unexploded World War II-era bomb near the start of the race on the River Thames. The suspected bomb was discovered by a member of the...
Live Grenade Pulled From Marine's Leg
Video shows risky procedure to pull explosive from soldier
- It's the very definition of amazing rescues: During a Taliban attack on US forces in January, Marine Lance Corporal Winder Perez was left was a daunting injury—a live explosive was wedged in his leg, reports ABC News . All four members of the medevac team that responded had to...
Popular on Newser
China Pulls a 180 on Its Dog Policy
Protesters Attack Fox News Reporter
Denzel Guides Police as They Frisk Black Man
Yellowstone Is Getting Rattled
Taylor Swift Issues a Warning to Trump
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.