Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
She Saved a Stray. Then, What Norway Hasn't Seen in 200 Years
Birgitte Kallestad died of rabies 2 months after she played with pup in the Philippines
- What should have been a feel-good story has since turned tragic. The BBC reports on the turn of events that started in the Philippines in February, where 24-year-old Birgitte Kallestad was on vacation with friends. Per a statement given to the
, via the
New York Post
, Kallestad and...
'Cheapest Ever' Flights Get You to Europe for $65
But Norwegian Air will only be offering a limited number of them
- This could be the summer to go to Europe, so long as you live in the Northeast. Norwegian Air International is launching $65 one-way flights on 10 routes between Europe and the US this summer, using the smaller Boeing 737 Max. There are three points of departure stateside: Bradley International,...
70-Year-Old Rower Sets Off on Record-Breaking Quest
Norwegian Stein Hoff thinks you waste too much time watching 'Game of Thrones'
- Norwegian doctor Stein Hoff is no stranger to challenges. The avid rower crossed the Atlantic with a partner in 1997, and in 2002 he rowed solo and unsupported from Lisbon, Portugal, to the coast of the South American country of Guyana. But now the 70-year-old who says people "spend...
In Norway, If It's Crazy, It's 'Texas'
It's not quite as derogatory as it sounds
- In Norway, the idea of Texas isn't exactly nuanced. "Texas = land of the cowboys," one Norwegian Tumblr user wrote last May. "And rodeos. And the wild west. A Western movie? Probably from Texas." So it should come as no surprise that Norwegians use the...
Norway Killer Complains He's Been Traumatized
Breivik interrupts in court to say he's suffered, just like his victims
- Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik interrupted his trial today to complain about his own trauma in comparison to his victims. The judge demanded he stop several times, although he was eventually allowed to finish his address as gallery members exited in protest. After two trauma experts spoke about the troubles...
Popular on Newser
We Know How That Utah Monolith Disappeared
Hunter Shot What He Thought Was a Deer. He Was Wrong
Reports: Mom Kept Son Locked Up for Nearly 30 Years
'Sketchy Andy': I Tore Down the Monolith
Baby Waiting to Be Born for 28 Years Is Finally Here
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
Newser In Your Inbox
Get The Morning 8: The eight stories you need to know, bright and early.
View all Newsletters and sign up
Get our apps
Install our app
Suggest a Story
© 2020 Newser, LLC. All rights reserved.
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.