Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Killing Bin Laden
Just Cost One
Ex-SEAL a Fortune
Aug 20, 2016 2:09 PM CDT
Writing About Killing Bin Laden Just Cost One Ex-SEAL a Fortune
Matt Bissonnette violated nondisclosure agreements with 'No Easy Day'
- A former Navy SEAL who wrote about taking part in the mission that killed Osama bin Laden will have to pay all current and future profits from the book—and possible movie rights—to the government, the AP reports. It's an amount already exceeding $6.6 million. In addition,...
Navy SEAL Kept Secret Pic
of bin Laden Corpse: Report
Jan 20, 2016 9:17 AM CST
Navy SEAL Kept Secret Pic of bin Laden Corpse: Report
Matt Bissonnette's business dealings now under investigation
- A former Navy SEAL who took part in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden kept a secret photo of the terrorist's corpse, sources say. Matt Bissonnette—who landed in hot water over his best-seller about the 2011 raid—turned over a hard drive containing the photo to US...
SEALs Squabble Over
Who Killed bin Laden
Nov 7, 2014 10:44 AM CST
SEALs Squabble Over Who Killed bin Laden
Some say unidentified point man fired fatal shot, not Robert O'Neill
- Robert O'Neill says his bullet killed Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad in 2011, but others aren't so sure. It's a little confusing, but as Reuters and the
New York Times
report, there were apparently three SEALs involved: a point man and two other shooters. In a 2013...
Nov 6, 2014 3:54 PM CST
Navy SEAL Says He Killed bin Laden
Robert O'Neill says talking to relatives of 9/11 victims made him come forward
- A Navy SEAL tells the
that he is the person who fatally shot Osama bin Laden in the head. Robert O'Neill, 38, planned on identifying himself publicly next week in interviews with the
and Fox News, but he's doing so now after a website named...
the bin Laden
Nov 4, 2014 11:40 AM CST
Website IDs the bin Laden 'Shooter'
Pentagon not happy with Navy SEAL, said to be same man appearing in Fox special
- The Navy SEAL who says he's the one who killed Osama bin Laden was identified yesterday as Robert O'Neill by SOFREP , a website dedicated to military and special-ops news. O'Neill is said to be the same man referred to as "The Shooter" in a March 2013...
bin Laden Book
Oct 31, 2014 10:15 AM CDT
Trouble for Ex-SEAL Who Wrote bin Laden Book
Matt Bissonnette is under criminal investigation
- Matt Bissonnette, the former Navy SEAL whose book about the Osama bin Laden raid caused plenty of controversy, is officially under criminal investigation. Bissonnette's lawyer says federal officials are investigating whether Bissonnette disclosed classified material in
No Easy Day
. While the Pentagon in 2012 said Bissonnette might face legal...
Pentagon: SEAL's Book
Contains Top Secret Info
Sep 5, 2012 6:00 AM CDT
Pentagon: SEAL's Book Contains Top Secret Info
But military won't try to block sales of bestseller
- Former Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette may have damaged national security by publishing a firsthand account of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden without running it by government censors first, the Pentagon warns.
No Easy Day
leaks "sensitive and classified information," and its author violated non-disclosure agreements, says...
Navy SEAL Who Wrote
bin Laden Book Identified
Aug 23, 2012 5:01 PM CDT
Navy SEAL Who Wrote bin Laden Book Identified
Pentagon officials confirm Fox News report
- The former Navy SEAL who wrote a firsthand account of the Osama bin Laden raid did so under a pseudonym and was supposed to remain anonymous for safety reasons. That lasted less than a day: Military officials have confirmed that the author is 36-year-old Alaska native Matt Bissonnette, reports the...
Popular on Newser
China Has an Innocent Explanation for Its Balloon
Groundhog Day Took a Tragic Turn in Quebec
The Rock Got the Call 'We Never Want to Get'
Pedophile Former Pop Star Released After 8 Years
Funeral Home Staff Unzipped a Body Bag, Got Quite a Shock
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.