Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Chef Trotter Had
Aneurysm, Says Wife
Nov 8, 2013 9:15 AM CST
Chef Trotter Had Aneurysm, Says Wife
He was under treatment after discovery months ago
- The wife of acclaimed chef Charlie Trotter says that doctors discovered an aneurysm months before the acclaimed chef died and that he was taking medicine to control seizures, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Trotter was declared dead Tuesday at a Chicago hospital after paramedics found him unresponsive in his...
Autopsy Sheds Little Light
on Chef Trotter's Death
Nov 6, 2013 6:00 PM CST
Autopsy Sheds Little Light on Chef Trotter's Death
No sign of foul play or trauma; toxicology tests are next
- An autopsy on acclaimed chef Charlie Trotter found no signs of foul play or trauma today, but officials will conduct further tests to determine the exact cause of death. The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office said the tests would include toxicology analysis, but it did not list the type...
54, Found Dead
Nov 5, 2013 12:49 PM CST
Famed Chef Charlie Trotter, 54, Found Dead
Son finds him unresponsive in home
- Famed Chicago chef Charlie Trotter was found unresponsive in his home this morning and was pronounced dead at a local hospital, the
reports. He was 54. In 2012, Trotter closed his landmark restaurant , Charlie Trotter's, after 25 years so he could focus on other pursuits that included pursuing...
Jan 5, 2012 3:19 PM CST
Iconic Chicago Restaurant to Close Doors
Charlie Trotter plans 'sabbatical' after 25 years
- A Chicago landmark will soon be history. Legendary chef Charlie Trotter is closing his restaurant in August, after a quarter-century of service. It's not a financial matter: "We’ve always been profitable, that’s for sure," he tells the
. But Trotter is ready "to put...
What You'll Get
at Your $650
NEW YEAR'S EVE
Dec 31, 2009 12:41 PM CST
What You'll Get at Your $650 Dinner Tonight
Fancy restaurants still charging a bundle for New Year's Eve
- Despite the still-grim economy and a recent British survey finding 80% of people plan to spend New Year’s Eve at home…one New York restaurant is still charging $650 for tonight’s prix fixe menu. Salon takes a look at what going extravagant might get you tonight:
The Bulldog Beats Out
Apr 24, 2007 9:42 AM CDT
The Bulldog Beats Out The Duck
Spanish restaurant remains atop list of 50 best in the world
- For the second straight year, El Bulli of tiny Cala Montjoi, Spain, is No. 1 on UK-based
's annual rankings of the world's top restaurants. The Fat Duck in Maidenhead, England, is second. Of the winners, 37 are in Europe, and 8 are in the US. Australia...
Popular on Newser
At 63, Gabriel Garcia Marquez Had an Affair—and a Daughter
She Died on African Hunting Trip. 5 Years Later, Husband Is Arrested
Jury: Cracker Barrel Owes Customer $9.4M
Pastor Warns Things 'Might Get Nasty.' They Did
Giant Swing in Polls Doesn't Bode Well for Democrats
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.